Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Future of the game
03-07-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: Future of the game
Im not sure what do you expect form non-multiplayer games in 2022.I played Strange Horticulture,the graphics were nice and the idea was cool but i just dont think that singleplayer games can prosper in 2022.
I would highly recommend you to work on beo3 no matter what,there is still so many stuff to add and with proper advertisement i think it would be very successful.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
03-07-2022, 05:09 PM
Wow seeing names like Tabby and Navel after so long brought back memories to me too! It is so nice to see you guys again! I hope BEO3 comes out one day and we can relive a fraction of the memories we had back in BEO1 and 2. I love nostalgia ahaha so hopefully it can come back full circle!

[Image: 11l0lxt.png]
03-08-2022, 05:50 PM
It's almost a crime BEO3 hasn't happened yet but I'm sure Rob & John can work some magic and make that reality a dream come true before it's too late. Singleplayer is alright but multiplayer is where it's at right now. Hopefully we get a sneak peak at their next project.

[Image: 2zjl62v.png]
03-17-2022, 11:50 AM
We can only hope they've been working on it in the shadows. I feel like it's super unlikely but.. there's hope, if it could have been pushed out during the middle of the pandemic I feel like the game would have been extremely popular. However there is still time to get it done and it still have good potential, with the amount of people always looking for new games to stream or just to make some simple content. I understand that Broken Ground ruined the strive for more games, but at the same time I feel like the Donkin brothers know BEO3 would be a hit. As of now with no hints or updates on what the Donkin brothers are doing it makes me feel as if they're not working on it at the moment, which saddens me and others.. Its only been around 3 months since Robs post, so they could be working in silence.. or they haven't started yet and are planning something else. I'm just curious because the game would be a major hit and maybe even reach higher numbers than the other 2 combined who knows.. Wish them the best of luck on whichever path they choose.

Lets hope for the best!
03-18-2022, 11:46 PM
Here's what I know.

As of now, there is no game in the works other than the one that Rob previously mentioned. While they currently have nothing in the works as far as a BEO3 or BG reboot, that doesn't mean it will never happen. The fallout from BG removed all drive to make multiplayer games and has now become a bit of a wall. However, there is a bit of good news for any who are interested in it. With their newest game, they've both been revisiting the idea of another BEO and have the advantage of time to look back at what went wrong and how to fix/avoid it and time to plan everything out and potentially make it bigger and better than ever. If this were to ever happen, it would still be a long time coming because of the impact of BG, so nothing can or will be guaranteed.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
03-21-2022, 03:48 PM
Thanks Tenchi! I can understand everything you said. A lot of us have been here since 2012/13 era, so there is no rush ahaha. It is very nice to see some BEO3 traction being built up slowly, even if it may never happen.

A fear that I think is valid, is the longer it takes, it would require a primarily new audience (since we are all getting older by the day, there is no guarantee we all can play/wait around forever ahaha) which can either be hit or miss so I get the hesitation from the Donkins.
My suggestion is to slowly attempt to bring back some of the BEO2 players, even though it is only on the app now. I am sure there is plenty of unreleased content for BEO2 which I would think can easily be added to the app which seems like a win-win but maybe I am wrong. That would be my first step, before thinking about starting up a new game in BEO3, in order to see the demand since we are just a few on the forums.

The hope remains alive!

03-21-2022, 06:48 PM
If anything, they'd probably give a few of us keys to closed beta, early access gameplay to help tweak things. That was a thought I had that would work well for everyone too. Invite a few of us from mobile, a few from forums and a few from the aether and you've got a solid new beta team with tons of experience versus total newbs.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
05-04-2022, 07:45 PM
I'd say there's a lot more people waiting for BEO3 than it looks like.

Take me, for example. Haven't logged into the forums for 3 years, and yet I've been checking out the game every once in a while.

[Image: 2d1wqgw.jpg]
07-05-2022, 05:24 PM
"If we find success with this new game then we’ll have two options:
1. Build on its success and make a new game in a similar vein.
2. Make Bad Eggs 3.
3. Do something completely different (who knows?!)"

After 6 months since the release of 'Strange Horticulture' it seems that this game has been a great success based on reviews I have seen!

It may be far too early still to go back and ask this question again, but it's worth a try. I wonder what Rob and John are thinking is the next best step for their next game if that's even a thought at this point.
Strange Horticulture 2 or BEO 3? Or Both?