Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
A Few Weapon Ideas
02-02-2016, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 06:05 AM by Vexis.)
A Few Weapon Ideas
Here's each wpn I designed. I tried pretty hard to keep them in the same style as John Donkin.

[Image: All%20Wpns_zps1ztt62nw.png]

Dart Gun
Spoiler :
10 Damage on hit. Poison. Basically the same as the poison rocket, except this one you can only aim in straight directions just like the Sniper Rifle, and the Dart is affected by wind.
[Image: Dartgun_zpsvjawuvht.png]

Balance Shift
Spoiler :
Inverts the aim for all players for 5 rounds. Up is Down, Left is Right, and vice versa.
[Image: Balance%20Shift_zpsswcsbams.png]

Mega-Heal
Spoiler :
Heals 30, same blast radius as normal Healing Potion, but MUCH heavier to throw.
Set it side-by-side with the other heals to show a comparison in size.
[Image: Mega-Potion_zpsjdwqsluc.png]

Curse
Spoiler :
0 damage on contact, 0 blast radius. Does 10 damage per turn. Last 3-4 turns.
[Image: Curse_zpsdbjcr01g.png]
The wpn is on the right egg. The curse symbol in the middle would kind of eerily float down upon them once being hit. The little curse symbols would float around them for the duration of the curse.

Blackout
Spoiler :
Zero damage. Purely defensive weapon. Creates a black sphere that you can not see into, unless you are inside of it. (IE: if you walked inside of it you would then be able to see your opponents) Lasts for 3 rounds.
[Image: Blackout_zpstxwnwc3k.png]
[Image: Blackout_zpsn1cbozdy.gif]

Spike Trap
Spoiler :
Spike-Trap that you throw to create a trap. Heh. You will be able to see your aim and where it lands, but none of your opponents (or teamates) will know where the trap lands, it will be invisible to them, and will only be activated once touched/walked on.
Deals 2 damage per turn, every turn. Unlike the poison/burn this damage begins at the start of your turn, not the end. Even just barely touching the spike trap will give you a -2.
This is a semi-permanent fixture. It last the entire game, however it can be destroyed like any of the rest of the terrain.
[Image: Spike-Trap_zpsnrqupziq.gif]

I also believe that there should be a change in the way healing works.
I believe you should gain XP (maybe half as much as dmg) for every point healed.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
02-02-2016, 02:37 PM
RE: A Few Weapon Ideas
I really like all of them. Especially the 2nd one. Hopefully this can give the Donkins more ideas in incorporating new interesting weapons into the game.
02-02-2016, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 06:39 AM by Jach.)
Awesome! I like the Curse & Mega-Heal the most. And in big explosions, would the Spike Trap size and the Blackout radius size get bigger too?

And lol you used Beta member shells in the animation. Fun traps Goober in da spikes.
02-03-2016, 06:24 AM
OMG, way better than mine Vex

[Image: poudal85146.png]
[Image: uldpoa85276.jpeg]
02-03-2016, 07:40 AM
(02-02-2016 07:34 PM)Jach Wrote:  Awesome! I like the Curse & Mega-Heal the most. And in big explosions, would the Spike Trap size and the Blackout radius size get bigger too?

And lol you used Beta member shells in the animation. Fun traps Goober in da spikes.

Yes, everything in x2 would always be bigger.
And yeah, instead of going over and cutting out shells again i figured i'd use ones i already had. Smiley_Wink

(02-03-2016 06:24 AM)Alexander55 (BroC) Wrote:  OMG, way better than mine Vex

Thanks

(02-02-2016 02:37 PM)The Boy Who Flies- Macab Wrote:  I really like all of them. Especially the 2nd one. Hopefully this can give the Donkins more ideas in incorporating new interesting weapons into the game.

I do too.

02-03-2016, 03:49 PM
As always very well done Vexis. I think the inverted aim could be a very fun addition if it was done.
02-03-2016, 11:52 PM
Blackout and Balance shift are really nice ideas. Maybe the dev's will add them... It would be cool to have them..

One question.. whats the point of actually seeing your opponent ? The sphere would be having a small radius, and could be attacked directly...(Unless the sphere moves with the egg. (That would be way too cool))

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist. ~ Charles Baudelaire
[Image: qYRw514.png?1]
[Image: km0JulV.png]
http://i.imgur.com/GXnauid.png
http://i.imgur.com/U1TQfmO.png
http://i.imgur.com/ytegY8J.png
02-04-2016, 03:06 AM
Wow, just wow.

Amazing ideas. (Y)

02-04-2016, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 06:06 AM by Vexis.)
Sidd:
The blackout can't be destroyed. It lasts for just 3 rounds, (forgot to add that part down)
The purpose of it is to make it where your opponents can't see you directly, so they would have to guess in someone the area that you are in.
No, the sphere does not move with you. If you were big boomed and the terrain dropped you lower than the sphere, well...it wouldn't be much use after that.
But if someone was trying to hit you with lets say....an ice arrow. They would have to guess where you were at.

Another advantage of the sphere is if in you are in a 2v2 or 3v3 game, and you notice your own teamate dying, you can throw the blackout over your teamate to try to help save them.
Imagine someone trying to use a sniper rifle on your teamate while they are in the blackout, wouldn't go too well.

02-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Wow great job Vexis,your ideas are very original Smiley_Smile