Poll: Should "The Big Top" be removed from the map repository?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove "The Big Top".
06-20-2015, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 06:29 AM by ttaiku.)
Information Remove "The Big Top".
Hello,

I'm a new user to the Bad Eggs community and I have been obliged to try out most, if not all, of your maps (including ones that are locked) from other users. I'm quickly trying to learn the ropes, but there's one annoyance thus far that has really irritated me to the point of trying to register: The Big Top.

The Big Top is a circus themed map with symmetrical sides with a slope. To be honest, after playing it around eight times now to form an opinion, it simply doesn't give off an effect of fun like the other maps do. The map isn't that great.

The other maps are creative, have fun match outcomes, enjoyable, tactical, and more importantly intense in competition. However, I see none of that in "The Big Top". The loadout given isn't really effective for the map either, and usually the beginning is the worst part of it. You're restricted and one hole makes you basically stuck to one area. And then it begins to stalemate, and I'm talking not so greatly on team based matches.

The Big Top, I am assuming, isn't really appealing to new players, as it left a slightly bad taste in my mouth for it. I understand the maps here are all kinds of wacky and fun, but this is the one map I can't do much with. It's especially not fun for lower ranked players.

I know you are thinking "Then don't play it, there's several other maps to join in", but the main point of the post is that it plays poorly and I wouldn't like it loaded at all, honestly. I'm not sure of the majority who want The Big Top to keep playing, but it's one I could go without.

I honestly mean no offense to the authors of The Big Top -- it's not my decision to remove it and the art itself is really cool. Just from a gameplay standpoint, I can't really see myself enjoying any of the matches. There's not much to do on it, and I am looking for feedback on the matter. Apologies if there's any offense taken, but there is still means to further develop it/revamp it to where it plays better. Some ideas are more structure, some more content, maybe change weapons in it, and some leveling.

Thank you! Again, I'm really new and in fact I just joined two days ago. If the admins can reply, I'll be for sure happy for a response.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
06-20-2015, 06:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 06:20 AM by Vexis.)
RE: Remove "The Big Top".
(06-20-2015 06:15 AM)ttaiku Wrote:  it simply doesn't give off an effect of fun like the other maps do. The map is repetitive, easy, and annoying.

I really like that map, but i play it with a solid ceiling, low gravity, wind and no walls. Try that, and then tell me it's 'easy'

(06-20-2015 06:15 AM)ttaiku Wrote:  it simply doesn't give off an effect of fun like the other maps do.

What is fun to you might not be fun to others.

I also believe the point of the map is to go with the theme of the clown shell. As the clown shell has been an original part of BEO since the beginning. Much like the halloween map is relative to the pumpkin, vampire and mummy

06-20-2015, 06:20 AM
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think the level of ease should factor into its existence. Not every player chooses difficult maps. Some players, particularly if they're just starting out, want an easy map to practice on. It's easy enough to practice aiming against an opponent, but not so easy as to bore somebody as easily as a flat map.

Personally, I wouldn't want the map to be deleted. I don't usually play on it, but it's a popular map, so it must have something going for it. It's nice to see that you've put some thought into it, though. Well-phrased opinions are always nice to read.

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]
06-20-2015, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 06:35 AM by troll2.)
as vexis said , try pro settings, you just came here to say u dont like it, and its easy, well let me say there are more easy maps than the big top like the pyramids or pumpking patch , funy ui are not complaning about those maps, what make me thing u cant aim correctly on teh big top, and turn u mad.

edited

u dont have a problem wit those maps, well they are repetitive, easy, and annoying , so how u can complain about that in one and not in the others, have no logic

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]
06-20-2015, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 06:26 AM by ttaiku.)
(06-20-2015 06:18 AM)Vexis Wrote:  
(06-20-2015 06:15 AM)ttaiku Wrote:  it simply doesn't give off an effect of fun like the other maps do. The map is repetitive, easy, and annoying.

I really like that map, but i play it with a solid ceiling, low gravity, wind and no walls. Try that, and then tell me it's 'easy'

(06-20-2015 06:15 AM)ttaiku Wrote:  it simply doesn't give off an effect of fun like the other maps do.

What is fun to you might not be fun to others.

I also believe the point of the map is to go with the theme of the clown shell. As the clown shell has been an original part of BEO since the beginning. Much like the halloween map is relative to the pumpkin, vampire and mummy

Sure, we could always go for another circus map though. I know there's opinions and feedback is always welcome to the thread, I'm aware there's people who may be such a fan of the map but my personal opinion says otherwise. If it means anything, I still have hope in it, just with some adjustments.

As for it's easiness, it's not hard to throw a grenade and have it stick in front of someone or to blow a hole and them not being able to get over it. Haven't played the map with every customized feature, but enough default wise to form an opinion.

(06-20-2015 06:21 AM)troll2 Wrote:  as vexis said , try pro settings, you just came here to say u dont like it, and its easy, well let me say there are more easy maps than the big top like the pyramids or pumpking patch , funy ui are not complaning about those maps, what make me thing u cant aim correctly on teh big top, and turn u mad.

I didn't mention those because I don't have problems with them. Even though that too may very well apply to one of my points, I am directing this at one map individually and pointing out my skills on it (even me stating it's simple and easy) I don't understand you saying such things. I'm most certainly not mad, but rather trying to give some constructive feedback on it. If all else fails, and the general consensus is to keep it, not going to complain about that, either.
06-20-2015, 06:45 AM
Pro settings can be mostly helpful to hard maps. All you need to do is you walls to not let your bullet escape. That is what the others said.
06-20-2015, 06:51 AM
(06-20-2015 06:45 AM)[FTF] Gen. Goonday Wrote:  Pro settings can be mostly helpful to hard maps. All you need to do is you walls to not let your bullet escape. That is what the others said.

Still doesn't really cover all my points, I'm still talking about the map design in general. Aware that pro settings may offer a better playing experience on the map.
06-20-2015, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 07:57 AM by Grim-Cat.)
Hello ttaiku, welcome to the forums.

Personally I love the map because it can be set up to emulate a grenades only mode, which was a mode in BEO1 that we don't have in BEO2. In general, it does offer a different experience than other maps, some might like it and some might not, but I don't think they should remove it just because you belong to those who don't like it and the game play on it.
06-20-2015, 08:38 AM
(06-20-2015 07:55 AM)Grim-Cat Wrote:  Hello ttaiku, welcome to the forums.

Personally I love the map because it can be set up to emulate a grenades only mode, which was a mode in BEO1 that we don't have in BEO2. In general, it does offer a different experience than other maps, some might like it and some might not, but I don't think they should remove it just because you belong to those who don't like it and the game play on it.

Thanks for the welcome! Considering the feedback in this thread and it's roots with the community, I suppose it's not going to withstand a removal. I do see both sides to those who like and dislike it and anything constructive, for or against, I am grateful to have. I still respect those who like it, but yeah, it's not going to go much anywhere and it seems I am the only one who doesn't like it.

Not an issue, though. It's just one map of many anyway Smiley_Tongue
06-20-2015, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015 02:54 PM by Avenger (Sidd).)
Well, welcome to the forums.. Always nice to meet civilised people.

About that map, personally I don't like it as I don't have pro but, some peopleay like it. It isn't a part of any map pack it'd free, so there's no general opposition against it. As someone above said its very easy to get into hole and then not be able to get out, well the same is applicable to the pyramids. But still, the pyramids provide a unique gaming experience which the other maps may or may not provide...

And yes, all people here appreciate the feedback. No one here is against you or the feedback but only against the idea of removing a map, which the general public may like. Smiley_Smile.

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist. ~ Charles Baudelaire
[Image: qYRw514.png?1]
[Image: km0JulV.png]
http://i.imgur.com/GXnauid.png
http://i.imgur.com/U1TQfmO.png
http://i.imgur.com/ytegY8J.png