Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
Color
06-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Color
Hello, i suggest for the forum that user can have colors so i mean not blue a tip members can have just a tip black red and rosa color as name or some more colors

''not pink lila whatever or green''

[Image: 1zg93z5.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
06-16-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: Color
You mean like coloured displayable usernames?

I've seen forums with this implemented before and it looks horrible.
Unless you're a mod/admin or some kind of VIP member, there's no point it makes the forum look very unprofessional.
06-16-2015, 11:06 AM
It would be better for me.

06-16-2015, 01:00 PM
No, sorry. I have to agree with 1337 on this. But i wouldn't mind having the option to change the background and style of the forum.

[Image: 2ev3rs5.png]
There's no greater bore than perfection- Richard Connell
06-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Seems like an okay idea. I don't think it's really necessary. We already have our profiles an signatures for personal customization. We don't really need this on top of it. Besides, it might confuse some new members as who's a moderator or not. Even if we took the pink color out of the options of colors you could wear on your username.
06-16-2015, 01:10 PM
(06-16-2015 01:00 PM)Toxic Waste9583 Wrote:  No, sorry. I have to agree with 1337 on this. But i wouldn't mind having the option to change the background and style of the forum.

btk forums has that!

But I got to disagree on this, it'd just be more confusing.

[Image: udpoal868c4.gif]
[Image: lsvmlm8.png]
[Image: Zhp0OLw.jpg]
It's not that I fear in my own self-confidence, it's that the others fear in it.
[Image: ulapdo6b724.gif]
06-16-2015, 04:29 PM
(06-16-2015 11:06 AM)andre11111 Wrote:  It would be better for me.

What's "better for you" isn't good for everyone else. If you introduced name color for regular members, then you have the problem of people wanting to choose green (giving the appearance of a dev) or purple (for mod).

While the idea is interesting, the practical use is lacking because of the above reason. If you restrict the changes to certain colors or certain people, then you receive the complaints of favoritism and that they can't use their "favorite color".

It also runs the risk of dividing the forum into different factions (i.e. red would mean Macab for mod, yellow as Tally for mod, and pink as Toxic for mod) or color-specified clans (orange = EoD; grey = RTM; etc.). At the end of the day, you want to be special and stand out, but we're all in the same boat: we're all just players.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
06-16-2015, 04:36 PM
I mean with ''it's better for me'' i mean with it i find it better for all.

06-16-2015, 04:49 PM
The very nature of the phrase "it's better for me" is exclusive of everyone else. This idea, as we have all said is interesting, but it's unprofessional and problematic and will therefore not be implemented into the forums.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
06-16-2015, 06:58 PM
i Agree with 1337