Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Eggs react to walls
01-10-2015, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 03:59 PM by Sir. Ploppington.)
Eggs react to walls
So I was playing with a couple of good buddies, and we were trying to save the shell of left2burn because he was nearly going to die. He was in a predicament where a boxing glove could save him... if only eggs would bounce off walls. I was thinking it would be really cool if eggs could react to walls. So for example, for bouncy walls, eggs would bounce off walls. For looping walls eggs would go through. Only if the egg was acted upon though, like for with pan or boxing glove, or if you are playing with forces. But not so that an egg could, say, walk right through a loop wall. That would just not be cool.

Any thoughts?

[Image: MA97x2h.png]
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-10-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Eggs react to walls
This would be interesting, but what about...

1) ...an egg caught halfway through a loop wall?
2) ...the common "no walls" case?

01-10-2015, 04:19 PM
I thought this was going to be a YouTube video someone made where eggs reacted to walls being thrown at them and stuff.

As for the idea, I can't really visualise it... If what Inuyasha mentioned could be addressed, then I might be for it.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
01-10-2015, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 04:24 PM by Sir. Ploppington.)
(01-10-2015 04:15 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  This would be interesting, but what about...

1) ...an egg caught halfway through a loop wall?
2) ...the common "no walls" case?

1) Egg would be pushed to either side, just like if a weapon were to be caught between. Preferably the side which it were closer to being on
2) For no walls, the reaction would stay the same as it is currently. Same thing for if one side of the terrain were higher than the other, it would just stay on the side it is currently on.

01-10-2015, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 05:49 PM by Vexis.)
you can bounce them off ceilings!
*edit* clarification: you already can

01-10-2015, 05:26 PM
I've also thought that they should respond to wind. And where the helicopter is my bouncy floor?!?! Smiley_XD Oh, maybe I should have asked for it first. Smiley_Wink

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-10-2015, 07:55 PM
(01-10-2015 05:14 PM)Vexis Wrote:  you can bounce them off ceilings!

Or can you? Of course that if an egg hits the ceiling, it will fall. But the difference is if the initial fall speed is zero, or if it conserves the momentum from the collision.

01-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Interesting idea, support/like

Smiley_Tongue

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
01-11-2015, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 01:10 PM by Sir. Ploppington.)
(01-10-2015 07:55 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 05:14 PM)Vexis Wrote:  you can bounce them off ceilings!

Or can you? Of course that if an egg hits the ceiling, it will fall. But the difference is if the initial fall speed is zero, or if it conserves the momentum from the collision.

I always thought the initial fall speed is zero, but I shall have test this out.

*edit* for bouncy ceiling, the egg does conserve the momentum from the collision, but it does not see to behave the same as a rocket or grenade.

01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
I love this idea! I think games would become far more interesting with this sort of feature implemented.

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]