Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Land Mines
11-24-2013, 04:43 AM
RE: Land Mines
I agree with Albert I'm sorry I like the idea but there are some bugs that could get in the way of that land mine how would you place it. I just thought maybe your turn you place it like your teleporter like when you teleport they can't see where you're teleporting so it could be like that. I like the idea but I don't. Sorry for being confusing. Smiley_XD Hope you understand my point.
Find all posts by this user
11-24-2013, 04:51 AM
(11-24-2013 02:37 AM)Master cheef Wrote:  if they see an egg with no weapon. there going to know it's a land mine. so they probably wont move.

Wow that is actually a great counterargument. Nice job master. I don't think anyone thought of that, I didn't.

[Image: 11l0lxt.png]
Warn the author for this post
11-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Hey!
I understand that this might be kinda complicated and can get buggy or confusing.
Master chef, i dont mind if the opponent can see the mine or me putting the mine next to him because i thought of this weapon more as a mean to keep opponent without moving... or if he decides to move has to step on it trigering it (low terrain dmg, low player dmg and player keeps its turn. i see it more like a "small penalty for moving".
Now that i think of it, this could also be achieved by throwing a "laser movement trigger" right next to your opponent.
What you guys think now that i might have clarified my purpose for this weapon?!

[Image: bandeira-de-portugal-d3298_zpsd94523d8.jpg]
11-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Worms have it, and they are great.
11-24-2013, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 07:18 PM by Z-Gamer.)
(11-24-2013 02:37 AM)Master cheef Wrote:  if they see an egg with no weapon. there going to know it's a land mine. so they probably wont move.

Yeah I tought about that too, but I don't know what to do...

[Image: Rt0F8O4.gif]
11-25-2013, 02:32 AM
Well... in Worms 3D, for example, you can see the land mine in ground, but sometimes its umpossible to avoid them, no matter jumping, or the fact that yo can move in all directions. So, seeing an egg without gun won't be a problem. If you have 3 seconds to retreat after you place it, but enemies don't see that time (I mean, they see it as normal aiming time), they won't know exactly where is the mine placed. Besides, some types of land mines (clymores, for example) don't explode when you step on them, but when you are close of them.