Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
The Reputation System
10-28-2014, 07:02 AM
RE: The Reputation System
Another thing is how can you moderate someone's opinion?
How can you 'investigate' if this person had reason to give out that negative rep?

I know you'll come up with an obvious answer, but the thing is that this is an opinion based thing; you can't call someone's opinion wrong. It's ridiculous to even think of this as a solution, it simply can't work.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
10-29-2014, 02:02 AM
I'd like to point out that this 'rep' system gives a certain spice to the forums. I mean c'mon don't take this the wrong way, but who doesn't like arguements once in a while? Smiley_Smile
But anyway, i like the way how you want to create a less heated forum. Your 2nd suggestion was especially nice. Incognito negative reps destroys any hope of revenge, but on the same time, also increases chances of abusing it.
All expressed, i'll say that this idea is supported. =)
10-29-2014, 07:37 AM
My first post made sense and I think if its going to be a duty thats why I think we nedc 1-2 more moderators

Ps sorry typing on mg tablet

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
10-29-2014, 09:09 AM
(10-29-2014 07:37 AM)HiddenKiller2301 Wrote:  My first post made sense and I think if its going to be a duty thats why I think we nedc 1-2 more moderators

I'm sorry to say that it really doesn't make sense. As has been pointed out, the ratings are all a matter of personal opinion. Add in that I said that the mods (regardless of how many there are or would be) would have other things to do that would be more important. Then you have to consider that there are now over 3000 members. Even if you leave out all the spam/bot accounts, you'd have some members that have several pages of ratings that would need to be sifted through. Once you sift through them, how do you decide what should stay and what shouldn't? It ends up being very limiting in what happens on the forums, both from an administration/moderation level (this means fewer posts made to end arguments, fewer threads/sections, and an over-all lower quality forum) and from the perspective of a user (we have to seriously consider what we say, we won't post things for fear of them being deleted, we won't rate, etc.).

Ultimately, by saying "we're going to start moderating what ratings are given", you drive people away from the forums because they won't be able to fully and freely participate.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
10-29-2014, 11:55 AM
(10-29-2014 02:02 AM)IceCreamTeleporter Wrote:  I'd like to point out that this 'rep' system gives a certain spice to the forums. I mean c'mon don't take this the wrong way, but who doesn't like arguements once in a while? Smiley_Smile
But anyway, i like the way how you want to create a less heated forum. Your 2nd suggestion was especially nice. Incognito negative reps destroys any hope of revenge, but on the same time, also increases chances of abusing it.
All expressed, i'll say that this idea is supported. =)

You might find the drama "fun", but it's really unhealthy for the forums.

10-29-2014, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2014 02:33 PM by IceCreamTeleporter.)
^Yes i agree with you completely. But those arguements sometime make me giggle. =P
And so far what i'm seeing, this forum is in a good condition. Smiley_Smile
10-29-2014, 02:31 PM
(10-29-2014 02:26 PM)IceCreamTeleporter Wrote:  ^Yes i agree with you completely. But those arguements sometime make me giggle. =P
And so far what i'm seeing, this forum is in a good condition so far. Smiley_Smile

Meh, sometimes those arguments build up way too much, and threads are massively derailed.

11-03-2014, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 01:01 AM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
Okay so just recently as of last night I checked out my Rep system on here cause it said I had 21 rep so I clicked it and I looked..... and this is what the update was about... [Image: vwv18g.jpg] I really DO NOT understand why he said this..I'm NOT breaking any forum rules I AM NOT SPAMMING the forum AT ALL IN ANY WAY!!! I'm not DOING ANYTHING BAD HERE ON THE FORUM!!!! And he wants me to get banned...Honestly I am SICK AND TIRED of all this and I ....I've already had Troll2 on ignore yet HE STILL KEEPS bothering me by the rep system..I AGREE WITH SESHOMARU that something needs to be done....because honestly I AM JUST GETTING PLAIN SICK OF THIS USER AND HIM TELLING ME THAT I NEED TO BE BANNED!!!!!! Smiley_Angry Smiley_Angry Smiley_Angry Smiley_Angry Smiley_Angry . When OBVIOUSLY I'm not doing ANYTHING wrong at ALL...Unless me making threads OUTSIDE of my journal is "considered spamming" Smiley_Confused Smiley_Confused Smiley_Confused Smiley_Confused ......
11-03-2014, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 08:26 AM by Seshomaru.)
I have to agree with Golden, at this stage a lot of the rep reasons are more like bullying than constructive criticism.
I think the worst thing you can say to someone on a forum is that they should be banned.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
11-03-2014, 09:53 AM
(11-03-2014 08:26 AM)Seshomaru Wrote:  I have to agree with Golden, at this stage a lot of the rep reasons are more like bullying than constructive criticism.
I think the worst thing you can say to someone on a forum is that they should be banned.

Building onto this, it doesn't benefit the forum one bit. Everyone knows that when you ban someone you lose activity, so if you say someone should be banned (and they aren't banned, meaning that they weren't actually breaking rules), what you're really saying is that you hate that person so much that you don't care if the forum suffers in the process as long as he leaves.

There's really no benefits in allowing people to do this.