Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Finding a Friend
10-13-2014, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2014 12:44 AM by Blitzwing.)
Finding a Friend
I have been looking for one of my friends for a while, but without much luck.Smiley_Sad So, I was thinking you could have something where you type in the username of your friend, and your friend`s profile pops up.(leaving you to friend him or whatever)I`m sure it would come in handy for a ton of people!Smiley_BigGrin

[Image: blitzwing.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
10-13-2014, 07:37 AM
RE: Finding a Friend
I like this because it can be difficult to find people in game, but there is a downside to this. The part that would inevitably come up is all the spam friend requests. Many of the more popular/famous players would be declining so many requests that they'd never get to play.

The best way to find your friend is to join a chat room that one of the many clans hosts and coordinate from there. You'll be able to meet up with him, get a link to his game and then add him to your friend list with very little time or effort.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
10-13-2014, 12:34 PM
I often wished there was this option when I was a young BEOer too. I still think it would be handy, but like tenchi said, I would even more rather not have to deal with many requests from random people who just want to spam.

[Image: MA97x2h.png]
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS.
10-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Well, I think this would be amazing. There is one person who has been hacked, and the hacker deleted me. He normally doesn't use the forums, so it's been hard finding him. But, there is the hazard of all the well know and famous people
(like me Smiley_Wink ) getting a million requests.

[Image: cropped-the-tnt-clan-bg.jpg]
#Tenchi4Moderator
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM
(10-13-2014 07:37 AM)tenchi Wrote:  I like this because it can be difficult to find people in game, but there is a downside to this. The part that would inevitably come up is all the spam friend requests. Many of the more popular/famous players would be declining so many requests that they'd never get to play.

The best way to find your friend is to join a chat room that one of the many clans hosts and coordinate from there. You'll be able to meet up with him, get a link to his game and then add him to your friend list with very little time or effort.

Easily solved by enabling an "automatically reject all friend requests" option. (You'd work around it by sending friend requests yourself.)

10-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Is there an automatically reject all friend requests option?! If there is, WHY have I never seen it!

[Image: MA97x2h.png]
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS.
10-14-2014, 12:49 AM
(10-13-2014 09:15 PM)Plop Wrote:  Is there an automatically reject all friend requests option?! If there is, WHY have I never seen it!

There isn't, I'm saying that there could be one.

10-14-2014, 01:51 AM
That could be a good idea...

10-14-2014, 02:21 AM
I would love thisSmiley_BigGrin but like @tenchi said too many spam requests what raises the argument of the "popular" eggs won't be able to play the game probably which could end very badly for them on the leader board but what @Inuyasha said they could have a setting which where they can private thier account so only friends can add them too games so like...

let's say AlbertPujo is in a game and then a message pop up's saying "you have 324 friend requests" obviously he would accept some BUT instead of keep getting requests he could just click the tick box at the bottom saying "private on" and one saying "private off" then whenever he wants to turn the private on he just simply clicks it

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
10-14-2014, 05:24 AM
I can start a poll on it.Just to see what the over all judgement is.