Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Audibles
10-02-2014, 10:28 AM
RE: Audibles
Just saying, but I just did a few quick calculations, and really the audibles wouldn't cause any difference in terms of lag in normal cases (if it's properly implemented).

Anyway, sounds like a good idea!

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
10-02-2014, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 10:47 AM by Seshomaru.)
I think this is a great idea.
I mean, usually you'd just type into the chat something like "WOW YAY!", but an actual noise would be way cooler.

Sure, some other players may have their sound muted, but at least if it's for your own enjoyment; why not.
At least that way it doesn't have the potential to bother other people. Smiley_Tongue

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
10-02-2014, 10:51 AM
What if you could get the audibles by themselves, just like you get a shell or a weapon pack?

10-02-2014, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 10:53 AM by Seshomaru.)
(10-02-2014 10:51 AM)Inuyasha Wrote:  What if you could get the audibles by themselves, just like you get a shell or a weapon pack?

I think it's good with the paid shells, honestly. Makes more sense to me.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
10-04-2014, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2014 04:08 PM by Gooner.)
I would love to have this added to the game. If i'm being honest, I mute the sounds, I have done since the Beo1 days. My reason is because I prefer to listen to my own music, not to mention when calculating certain shots or playing intense games, some of the weapon sounds such as the music emitted by the Falling Elephant weapons, can be a little distracting. For instance, during the 1v1 inferno tourney, I didn't have any noise in the background purely so I would find it easier to focus on calculating my shots.
But these audibles would definitely add to the experience of the game. When I think of games like 'Team Fortress 2', where all individual characters/classes have their own personal voice taunts, I think this could be a healthy addition. I never find myself muting TF2 for that exact reason. It would also make a paid shell more attractive to a buyer, an added incentive to buy basically. Good work Vex =)

[Image: Goon.gif]