Raise it a lot/make it unlimited
I don't really care either way
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
More PM space?
09-28-2014, 12:19 PM
More PM space?
I was just going through my PMs, and I realized that there's really too little PM space here.
In another forum I visit, the limit is 500, and I've reached it 14 times in 3 years; so I can't imagine how easy it should be to reach the limit here.

So I was wondering, should we get more PM space?
Changing this is a matter of changing a really simple setting, so it takes only a few seconds to do; besides, PMs really take up very little server space, so there's no need to restrict it so heavily.

So, what do you think? Would you like to have more PM space?

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
09-28-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: More PM space?
I personally think 200 is a fine amount of space.
Nothing wrong with more room, though.

Plus you can't apply your need for space on the other forum to this one; we both know the other one is a lot more active and you actually had a reason to receive so many PMs. Not the same here.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
09-28-2014, 12:25 PM
(09-28-2014 12:23 PM)Seshomaru Wrote:  I personally think 200 is a fine amount of space.
Nothing wrong with more room, though.

Plus you can't apply your need for space on the other forum to this one; we both know the other one is a lot more active and you actually had a reason to receive so many PMs. Not the same here.

That reason hasn't applied in 3 or 4 of those 14 times, but yeah, the activity thing is true.

09-28-2014, 12:26 PM
I, personally empty mine once it reaches about 40% capacity, but that's just me. I also know of some users who get enough messages that they're emptying it almost every 2-3 days.

For me (and people like me), I'd say that no change would be needed. But we aren't necessarily the majority in this matter. Looking at it that way, it would be a good idea to expand the pm storage to around 400. It doubles what we can currently have without going "overboard". This would also allow us to store semi-important pm's without having to worry about space running out for a while.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
09-28-2014, 12:38 PM
I think this seems like a really good suggestion having more pm space would be nice Smiley_BigGrin.
Smiley_ThumbsUp great suggestion Inuyasha Smiley_Tongue.

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
09-28-2014, 01:37 PM
How many do you have? If you want to have more than 200, than you are officially a PM hoarder.

[Image: cropped-the-tnt-clan-bg.jpg]
#Tenchi4Moderator
09-28-2014, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 01:43 PM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
@SwagMaster D I'm pretty sure you may have been talking to Inuyasha about that reply

But with me say for example if I have like 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 pages *in my inbox* I have a pet peeve which is to delete EVERYTHING that I have *from my inbox from my sent messages from my mail trash* Until EVERYTHING is deleted. Although with my inbox I keep like the recent recent messages *which are like 2 or 3*. Its just a pet peeve I have/get.

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
09-28-2014, 01:53 PM
(09-28-2014 01:37 PM)[TNT™] SwagMasterD Wrote:  How many do you have? If you want to have more than 200, than you are officially a PM hoarder.

60ish as of right now, but the issue still stands, that it fills too fast.
200 PMs for the server are hardly a quarter of a megabyte, so it's not like we're making the forums slow.

09-28-2014, 02:01 PM
I'd want around 300-500 PMs. I store my important PMs, and it's already up to 20 percent just with the one's I'm keeping.
09-28-2014, 05:15 PM
I support this idea, because my last forums username I had 90% and 10% leftSmiley_Crying

so Yes more pm space #MOREPMSPACE

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]