Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Pro Only Games
09-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Pro Only Games
Pro Only Games:

Man I really miss that from Beo1.
I never did mind the wait. I'm usually multi-tasking anyways. Would be superb if this would get re-implemented.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
09-25-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Pro Only Games
What's the advantage of pro-only games?

09-25-2014, 12:25 PM
for one, the obvious reason. Only a person who has paid for pro can join. (not necessarily someone who has prestiged)

But mainly and this is just me, ever find yourself in a room full of friends and have one spot left open and nobody else to invite from anyone so ya open the room up to randoms and basically it turns into whoever gets the random is almost surely to lose unless the random quits after the first or second shot? Well imagine where you can set it where only a person with pro can join.

Granted, that does not mean that person has skill just because they have pro. However it highly increases the chances.

It's like....well Inuyasha you probably weren't around during BETA testing but; during BETA testing every single game was basically full of nothing but pros. Man that was fantastic. I was sad to see it over. Basically a PRO Only option would give people the ability to have things like that again.

09-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Most of the games I play are 2v2, which means there's two randoms in. (I did say somewhere else that I've always played with Seshomaru.) I'll say in advance that neither of us has credits or is a pro user.

Playing with that many randoms, I'll tell you that I've never noticed any significant difference in skill from pro users. If anything, I'd say that non-pro users are more skilled than pros at the same level.
It's a lot harder to level up when you get 1 exp point per damage point dealt (1.5 if you win), instead of 2 (3); and it's harder to win when you have just the basic weapons, no paid stuff; so leveling up when you're not a pro is harder. As a result, non-pro users tend to have acquired more skill by that point.

Really, I see no advantages of playing with pro users.

09-25-2014, 02:10 PM
(09-25-2014 01:08 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  Most of the games I play are 2v2, which means there's two randoms in. (I did say somewhere else that I've always played with Seshomaru.) I'll say in advance that neither of us has credits or is a pro user.

Playing with that many randoms, I'll tell you that I've never noticed any significant difference in skill from pro users. If anything, I'd say that non-pro users are more skilled than pros at the same level.
It's a lot harder to level up when you get 1 exp point per damage point dealt (1.5 if you win), instead of 2 (3); and it's harder to win when you have just the basic weapons, no paid stuff; so leveling up when you're not a pro is harder. As a result, non-pro users tend to have acquired more skill by that point.

Really, I see no advantages of playing with pro users.

Pro users that join others games usually aren't so good since they don't make their own game to pown peeps.
Actually you said you havent pro right? Playng with no wind or anyway without any "skilled" mode make the n0bs , aka buyers join your game. Usualy the good pros make their game to win/have fun.

Even if idk, rayvel plays your game , he will be nice but since the normal modes are EASY he will play without missing with normal shots , like no-pro users, since isn't a big deal to be awesome in normal modes.

Back to the topic

I kinda support this idea, i could care less about who joins my games but having a smart person or atleast, a person that knows to press ready in 1v1 will really make me happy.
Supported.

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
09-25-2014, 02:45 PM
I might be able to put some perspective on this.

The main reason for a "pro only" mode is very similar to that of the "positive rep only" mode. For example, with pro only, you eliminate anyone that you don't want to join your games (outside of the invited people and other pro users). This includes the guests and less-than-pleasant users who play the game. Unlike the existing "+ rep only" mode, those with negative reputations are still able to join.

This would grant people's wish for a "no-guest" mode and still be completely optional. Personally, I don't mind one way or the other as I enjoy playing with guests and other non-pro members. That said, I can also understand why Vex would want to see it back in the game as we all get busy and matches can start as we're dealing with something that pops up in our day-to-day lives.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
09-25-2014, 03:11 PM
I think this has been suggested before *meh* anyway I agree because It would make the people who have PAID for his/her account and we have a pro setting...Smiley_ThumbsUp

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
09-26-2014, 12:52 PM
since it's optional there's really no harm in it. although, players with pro might just keep on playing that way, but that might take longer for them to start playing so that's where the optional thing can kick in. besides, it can make pro have more options and be more worth it to have for 200 creds or if they want to have more crumbs of bread then they can also sell that option for a different price.

[Image: 4uS9reg.jpg]
meanwhile...
Smiley_Trollface
a quote from an awesome user to remind me and maybe everyone else:
Tally Wrote:To echo the age-old quote, 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
09-27-2014, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2014 09:39 AM by Isn't It A Pity?.)
I suggested this before. There not going to implement it into the game.
09-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Only issue I see with this is that a user who has paid for pro mode may not necessarily be a skilled player. I don't see why it shouldn't be a feature for paid users though, after all you can change a lot of settings for the game already.

I would say that the pro rep filter for games already does this, but mind you the things that people lose rep for are repeatedly leaving a game before dying and being reported a lot; it's not really a skill indicator.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]