Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
The Reputation System
10-27-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 06:36 AM by Seshomaru.)
RE: The Reputation System
Mageg, I'm a she ;-;
But thank you for clearing that up for everyone, it's really nice to have that support.

Also Troll, your 'argument' provided evidence that it is being misused, but then you say that it isn't?
Could you clear up your contradiction and stop condescending people based on their join date? That's not how you have a proper discussion.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
10-27-2014, 06:46 AM
Oops sorry about that!
Long day haha. *Fixed

[Image: WJul7La.gif]
10-27-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 09:53 AM by Mageg.)
Removed

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
10-27-2014, 03:55 PM
(10-27-2014 03:17 AM)This Is Fun Wrote:  
(10-26-2014 03:53 PM)Gothic Demon Wrote:  I agree with you. The forums would be a better place if the rep system was removed.

Funny how someone who begs (used to?) for rep, but then gives you a negative rep for telling them not to beg, can say something like that..
[Image: Oaln62P.png]

Anyway, I agree with you, but I don't think the Donkins will do anything now.. Think their best answer will be "It's too late now"

I'm touched that you saved that a PM of mine =) I some how knew that you'd use that for something. But peoples opinions change. When the BEO2 forum was released I will tell you that I really wanted to have a high rep. Now I don't care. I just think the whole thing should be removed. It was nice in the beginning when it was new. Now it's just old and people abuse it.
10-27-2014, 06:37 PM
well before I did not care about the reputation system because it didn't really mean nothing to me, but recently it has been my DESTINY to get 10+ rep

yes, maybe it's a bad idea to have a reputation system BUT...BUT(i just said BUTTSmiley_Tongue )if we stay with the reputation system it's basically a opinion on someone and I read one the donkins or mageg posts from a while back saying...that the reputation system it's just part of the forum and thiers no need to worry about it (etc) It's like people talking behind your back you don't see until it sends to your reputation wall, and another thing is that the reasons for giving -rep is because I gave then -rep IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

my other side of argument will be that, If we didn't have the reputation wall maybe arguments won't break out around the forums about it...because MOSTLY recently new member's have joined the forum any probably did not read the rules because they spam, they give people -rep saying "troll" (etc) but one of the moderators said that while ago that you can literally give someone -rep for ANYTHING because then you know the reason why they gave you that -rep

so my conclusion is- that YES, we can have a reputation wall BUT you cannot give someone -rep for stupid reasons let me give you some examples I've read on people's wall
1: troll
2: for giving me-rep
3: for being on forums
4: you gave my friend -rep

and I could go on but obviously I want to keep this short as possible on to jump to the end...like I said we should have the reputation system BUT members should be kicked or temporarily banned from the forums for giving members NON-USEFULL -reps

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
10-27-2014, 06:47 PM
How would you control that the -1s are "not for stupid reasons"?
In fact, even worse than that, where do you draw the line?

10-27-2014, 10:40 PM
like you report the player who created the useless neagtive rep then the mods or admins investigate and get rid of the reputation and kick the member just an idea

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
10-27-2014, 10:59 PM
HiddenKiller, that^, right there is just too much useless work for the mods and admins.

[Image: 2dgly6v.png]
10-28-2014, 03:46 AM
Hidden, if you think of all the reported posts that the mods and Donkins go through on a daily basis, that's more than enough to be a full time job. If you then add in the ratings, not only would you need to check on what's reported, you'd even need to go to each member's profile and check their ratings daily.

This get's to be a very repetitive and boring duty. Then you have to consider what kind of limits you would impose so that they could all understand "yes, this is ok" and "no this is not". The next thing that you would have to think about is who just wants their negative rates removed and who's got a legitimate reason to have them removed.

Ultimately, your intentions are a little off-course on where things need to go with the system. The original post that Sesh made is still the best suggestion that we've seen regarding the rep system. Compared to some of us who've posted, she and Inuyasha may be "new" (and I use the term rather loosely here) but they've been on forums with similar setups. I'm sure we've seen some familiar things on other forums too, and because of that we must be willing to listen to everyone (even if we may not particularly care for some people).

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
10-28-2014, 06:39 AM
(10-28-2014 03:46 AM)tenchi Wrote:  Hidden, if you think of all the reported posts that the mods and Donkins go through on a daily basis, that's more than enough to be a full time job. If you then add in the ratings, not only would you need to check on what's reported, you'd even need to go to each member's profile and check their ratings daily.

This get's to be a very repetitive and boring duty. Then you have to consider what kind of limits you would impose so that they could all understand "yes, this is ok" and "no this is not". The next thing that you would have to think about is who just wants their negative rates removed and who's got a legitimate reason to have them removed.

Ultimately, your intentions are a little off-course on where things need to go with the system. The original post that Sesh made is still the best suggestion that we've seen regarding the rep system. Compared to some of us who've posted, she and Inuyasha may be "new" (and I use the term rather loosely here) but they've been on forums with similar setups. I'm sure we've seen some familiar things on other forums too, and because of that we must be willing to listen to everyone (even if we may not particularly care for some people).

This is mostly the largest issue with that idea.
The amount of moderation they'd have to do would be unmanageable.

We can safely assume that almost every negative rating in the site would be reported, knowing how people react to them. Now imagine having to check every single negative rating given away, and you'll see why this is just too much of a workload.