Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
rata536's creations
01-22-2014, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 09:26 AM by rata536.)
rata536's creations
WARNING! HEAVY IMAGES!

Hi! I don't know how many things I will do, but basically I will try to do egg shells, weapons and maps. Bad part is that Im not good creating large images yet, so maps won't be here in a close future. Good part is that... ehm...

Shells:

4x4 Tommy
[Image: 4x4-final.png]
When his dad prohibited him to buy a 4x4 pick up, he decided to BECOME a 4x4 pickup.

-Animated PNG. Opera and Firefox can handle it, Chrome needs one plug-in.

Elemental eggs
I will try to do my version of the amazing Elemental Shells, using a battery of plugins of paint.net. A very hard challenge.

Maps:
The Back Garden
Spoiler :
[Image: Jardiacuten.gif]

The destroyable stuff in this map are just the fallen tree, the dog house and the tobbogan, the rest is the background.
Killing the butterfly will curse the enemy team. In this example, they went in flames, but they also may get frozen, or poisoned, or other things. For example, your team gain ability to jump and your enemies loose it, or the same with x2 explosions; or your enemy have to deal with wind and you dont (in battles without wind only), stuff like that. In worst of cases (for your enemies, of course), Grim reaper appears and slice half of one enemy's health.

Post Nuclear - XXL size map! Cool for 5vs5!
Spoiler :
[Image: PostNuclear-lento.png]
This battle takes place in St.Egg Ville, a small city that is 30 miles away from Highrise city. After a nuclear war they were destroyed, and small clans of eggs fight to claim their supremacy.
In the technical aspect, this map is almost twice wider than normal maps, so there can be 5vs5 battles with no problem of getting short of space. We already talked about this kind of fights in the forum, and I always suggested a scrooling camera, so XXL maps can fin in the game without need of resizing the whole game. Unwrittenmystery suggested a simple zoom out for it, something that it also can work perfectly; however, I prefer the scrooling camera and gonna explain why. With this system you can add several layers that work only as decoration (backgrounds and foregrounds) , and if they scroll at different speeds (the further layer, the slower scroll speed) you can make a nice 3D ilussion in an easy way. Arcade machines use this since late '80s, so hardware is not a problem.
Cavern's entrance (not started)
A passage that leads to the entering of Oozing Cavern.
El Alamein (not started)
A hard figth in the desert of El Alamein, where airplanes can be seen fighting in background.
The Dark Tower - Find the easter egg! Is not hard actually...
Spoiler :
[Image: DarkTower-Final.png]
I did an animation that some lightnings appeared from time to time, but it was a 8MB file, so crub lightnings. Just imagine them.
This map will be my version of Great Wall of Eggland. The tower doesn't look too good, but it's the best I can do.

Hopefully I will draw all the maps, and hopefully they might look nice.
Big thanks to troll2 to tech me how to put spoilers, they will be needed if I can complete the map list.

United we stand, divided we fall. Our destiny's here tonight with us all. Through wind and thunder we sail to your shore; we did not give up, so open the door.
Timo Tolkki
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-22-2014, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 11:31 AM by troll2.)
RE: rata536's creations
lol, nice concept, as always its nice to see rata's original ideas, something new and not a copy from others,keep the good work

note: for the ppl
, really need to see the aniamtion, to understand the concept.

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]
01-22-2014, 12:35 PM
An animation for when it walks, that's really cool! And original, there hasn't been any shell in BEO1 or BEO2 which does that...
01-22-2014, 12:44 PM
I love the shell and design! I think the artwork is great and the idea is unique.
i can just imagine this "truck egg" diving over and crushing other eggs while playing. It would be awesome to have something like this, nice job on the shell!

[Image: 11l0lxt.png]
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
something new nice work,keep it up,love to see more.

01-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Hmm, maybe if not a shell, if could be used as a weapon. Like Zach said, it could be crushing other eggs in gameplay. Maybe theres like a remote that goes with it that sommons this truck egg and it rolls over the whole terrain, squashing all the remaining eggs. Great design!
01-22-2014, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 01:28 PM by rata536.)
Thanks you guys, I apreciate it, especially coming from you. Hope to get more cool ideas and being able to do the map I want since beo1... and of course, I hope you like them.
EDIT#1:
@Andy: hey, that's cool! Hope to not damage myself with that!
EDIT#2:
Forgot to say that I'll also try to do my version of the well know and loved elemental eggs, but that will take some time.

United we stand, divided we fall. Our destiny's here tonight with us all. Through wind and thunder we sail to your shore; we did not give up, so open the door.
Timo Tolkki
01-22-2014, 03:45 PM
It reminds me the beo1 cyborg lol btw nice egg shell

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow, this is one of the most unique designs I have seen in quite a while! Well done
01-22-2014, 04:55 PM
very nice egg shell, I hope to see more of your work Smiley_Smile