Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 3.93 Average
How to Use the New Forum Tutorial/ Profile settings/Posting images/and more
11-02-2013, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015 09:12 AM by troll2.)
Information How to Use the New Forum Tutorial/ Profile settings/Posting images/and more
The only purpose of this tutorial is informative and to help new members

Page1
Spoiler :
[Image: tuto_wizar_page1.jpg]
if image fail go to Tutorial Page1
Page2
Spoiler :
[Image: tuto_wizar_page2.jpg]
if image fail go to Tutorial Page2
For extra documentation click here BEO2 FORUM / Help Documents

Help links
Spoiler :

User Registration, Logging In and Out,Posting a New Topic,Posting a Reply,PIMP MyCode

Read about posting, reputation and warnings here What the new forum has to offer made by Mageg

Meet the Forum Team This link allows you direct access to send pm to the moderators or administrators
Hope this help all users on their profile configuration. and to learn how to use this new forum

Forum/game Clan Systems
Spoiler :

before something ppl need to read this thread :Clan Etiquette and read all previous questions ppl made

i will quote Mageg(moderator) and his post:
Quote:Clan Etiquette
Hey guys,

I just want to throw out a quick notice on the subject of Clans.This is a subforum that follows the same rules as stated here:
http://www.badeggsonline.com/beo2-forum/...d=10#pid10 The issue I've seen people have is people are taking their taunting and jokes a little too far. Respect other members/clans, if you want to be an enemy with a clan then that's fine but you need to show a bit of respect regardless. Nothing wrong with a bit of a poke or getting a bit competitive, it makes you feel more like a clan trying to fight your way through! But what we don't want is for it to go as far as abusing members. Not everyone may see something the same way you do so just think twice before posting - clans are new to BEO2 and it may
take a few tries to get used to it but we really can't wait for you guys to start forming teams, having battles, making allies and all that fun stuff!

Clans on game

To create a clan on game you just only need to go to your profile and on friends add your clan name, theres not really a specific requirement to create a clan tag.

Clans on forums

On clan you need to go to Clans sub forum , and made a thread about your clan , your requirements members need to have to apply , your clan description, your clan rules, and how players can contact to you to be members of your clan

ther no more to say about clans, except good luck!

Credits:

Images are from BEO2 site, this is only for read use and to help new users whit the new forum interface.

Source: http://docs.mybb.com/User_CP.html

original tutorial
Spoiler :
User CP
Spoiler :

The User Control Panel is the place where you update and edit your profile settings, and check your inbox and subscriptions.

This is how it looks and where u can find the access to your CP, u only need to click on User_CP

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2yw911s.jpg/IMG]
PM's aka Messenger
Spoiler :

The private messaging (also known as PM) system allows forum members to communicate one-on-one in private, like email, but hosted on the forum.

The menu includes the following links:

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/fyhp50.jpg/IMG]

Compose a PM

This allows you to send a private message to another user.
Inbox
This is your folder of received and unfiled messages.
Sent Items
This folder contains private messages you have sent.
Drafts
This folder contains private messages you have written but have not sent.
Trash Can
This folder contains messages you have deleted.
Tracking
This page allows you to track messages you have sent - allowing you to see if and when a user has read your message. If they have not read the message, you can delete the message from their inbox. This option was disable by admins
Edit Folders
This page allows you to add additional folders, allowing you to file your private messages, similar to email.
From any of the folders, you can also access the Empty Folders and Download Messages pages.

Editing Your Profile
Spoiler :

Your Profile :Setings,Status, Password and Email
Spoiler :
The "Your Profile" section deals with everything relating to your account and your profile.

Edit Profile
Various profile fields are available for you to describe yourself and publicize your contact information. These include:

In house Rules John Donkin said:

Quote:Personal Information: By default your email will remain hidden. If you choose to disclose this or any other personal information, you do so at your own risk. Sharing login details for the game or forum is strictly prohibited.

Optional Fields

[Image: 2h8bsi0.jpg]

Away Information
You can also set your status as away, to tell other users you are not currently available.

To set your status to away, first select "I'm Away." Then, enter in a reason for being away, to be displayed to other users. If you have a return date, you may also set this (in the format Day-Month-Year).

Change Username limited 1 change every 6 months

Change Password
This page allows you to change the password used to access your account. You must also supply your current password in order to change your password.

All users please, try to write on some place your password, in this new forum , you going to use it almost for everything, so save your password in some place for any emergency.

[Image: k3rqtl.jpg]

Change Email

This page allows you to change the email address associated with your account. To change your email address, you must also supply your current password.

If users give fakes email accounts they could be not able to restore an account. So please give valid emails

[Image: 2j3lgtf.jpg]
Profile Avatar & Signature
Spoiler :

Change Avatar
This page allows you to change the avatar that is displayed in your posts, in the member list, and in your profile. The administrator may specify a size limit for avatars, including both the dimensions and file size.

Animated avatars are allowed, only if they don't violates the content restrictions (Read House of Rules)

[Image: 2ilgb5h.jpg]

You can choose avatars using three methods:

Gallery - These are avatars already uploaded by your board administrator that you can choose from to use.

Upload - You can upload an avatar from your computer.

Remote URL - You can type in a URL to an image file somewhere on the internet that you want to use as your avatar.

[Image: 28i4zur.jpg]

Uploading a new avatar will replace your current avatar. Also, if you wish to have no avatar, you may select Remove Avatar at the bottom of the page, which will leave you with no avatar.

Change Signature
This page allows you to change the signature that can be displayed below your posts and provides the option of changing whether or not your signature is displayed. You can choose "Enable my signature in all of my posts," "Disable my signature in all of my posts," or "Leave my signature settings alone."

You can choose one signature form Signatures Pool

You can have an animated signature,just respect the
house rules.
Videos on signatures are not allowed
Links to external are not allowed , the only link you can use are from sites like of Bad Viking Games, BEO1 forum, or any Bad Viking Game
You can not add a link to your personal social networks, Only Admins can do that

Now ,as a recommendation not always the bigger signature is the best, try to use random sizes between the allowed limits

[Image: nx2ij4.jpg]

Remember Donkin's add a specific rules about profile and signatures on the house rules,

warning

this privilege could be removed

Profile Fiendlist, Ignore list, Memberships, Groups, Threads & Forum Subscriptions
Spoiler :

The main group management page.

[b]Here's where you control groups that you are the leader of and lets you moderate join requests.

Group Memberships
On this page, you can choose to join groups that are open to public joins. You can also manage groups you are the leader of, and set your display group, as well as choose to leave groups. If a group you wish to join is moderated, you must also specify a reason.

On the "View Members" page of groups that you are a leader of, you can choose to add users and remove users.

On the "Join Requests" page of groups that you are a leader of (if joins to the group are moderated), you can choose to approve requests (add them to the group), ignore requests (do not add but do not decline the request), or decline requests (do not add them to the group).

The page that lets you manage your buddy and ignore lists.
Buddy/Ignore List

This page allows you to add or remove users from your buddy and ignore list.

[Image: n70mdw.jpg]

To add a user to your buddy list or ignore list, enter their username in the corresponding textbox. Username autocomplete is enabled on this field. You may enter more than one username at once, separating multiple names by a comma.

After users have been added, you will see them in the listing of your buddies or ignored users. To remove a user from your buddy or ignore list, click on the icon that depicts a person with a [-] in front of them. The other icon shows whether a user is online, offline, or away.

The page that lets you manage your thread subscriptions.

Subscribed Threads
If you have subscribed to any threads, they will be shown here. For subscribed threads, you can either be subscribed, but receive no email notification, or receive instant email notification of new replies. The subscription listing is similar to that of the Forum Display, including the status icon, post icon, title and status, number of replies, views, and the last post.

For each subscribed thread, you can choose to delete the subscription, change to no notification, or change to instant email notification. To do this, select a subscription using the checkbox at the right side of the subscription, and make your selection at the bottom of the page, and press "Go." You may also remove all subscriptions by selecting "Remove All Subscriptions" at the bottom of the page.

Forum Subscriptions
If you have subscribed to any forums, they will be shown here. You will be notified of new threads in subscribed forums. You may choose to unsubscribe to your subscribed forums, or post a new thread. You are also shown the status icon, number of posts, threads, and the last post in each forum.

The main group management page.

Here's where you control groups that you are the leader of and lets you moderate join requests.

Group Memberships
On this page, you can choose to join groups that are open to public joins. You can also manage groups you are the leader of, and set your display group, as well as choose to leave groups. If a group you wish to join is moderated, you must also specify a reason.

On the "View Members" page of groups that you are a leader of, you can choose to add users and remove users.

On the "Join Requests" page of groups that you are a leader of (if joins to the group are moderated), you can choose to approve requests (add them to the group), ignore requests (do not add but do not decline the request), or decline requests (do not add them to the group).

The page that lets you manage your buddy and ignore lists.
Buddy/Ignore List

This page allows you to add or remove users from your buddy and ignore list.

To add a user to your buddy list or ignore list, enter their username in the corresponding textbox. Username autocomplete is enabled on this field. You may enter more than one username at once, separating multiple names by a comma.

After users have been added, you will see them in the listing of your buddies or ignored users. To remove a user from your buddy or ignore list, click on the icon that depicts a person with a [-] in front of them. The other icon shows whether a user is online, offline, or away.

The page that lets you manage your thread subscriptions.

Subscribed Threads
If you have subscribed to any threads, they will be shown here. For subscribed threads, you can either be subscribed, but receive no email notification, or receive instant email notification of new replies. The subscription listing is similar to that of the Forum Display, including the status icon, post icon, title and status, number of replies, views, and the last post.

For each subscribed thread, you can choose to delete the subscription, change to no notification, or change to instant email notification. To do this, select a subscription using the checkbox at the right side of the subscription, and make your selection at the bottom of the page, and press "Go." You may also remove all subscriptions by selecting "Remove All Subscriptions" at the bottom of the page.

Forum Subscriptions
If you have subscribed to any forums, they will be shown here. You will be notified of new threads in subscribed forums. You may choose to unsubscribe to your subscribed forums, or post a new thread. You are also shown the status icon, number of posts, threads, and the last post in each forum.

How to post an image use spoilers in a reply or thread and quote
Spoiler :

Here you will learn how to public an image in your reply or threads and use spoilers

1.- Go to http://www.tinypic.com
2.- when site open , click select file button
3.- select the file you want to share
4.-click the green button that says Upload now
5.- a new screen/window will open
6.- copy the second url ( its the one with [IMG] )
7.- go to BEO2 forum and paste that code

Note: its not aloud posting images with copyrights or from others sites, also inappropriate content, adult material, or any kind of illegal material.

note2: theres a limit of 10 images per post/thread at once time

Spoliers

theres no more easy way than use examples to explain how to add spoilers on threads and posts

hope this help u

[Image: t8lnnt.jpg]

example

Spoiler :
idea1

for quoting a text you have to ways,

frist u have a quoting button on every reply form others user, http://prntscr.com/4ndoh7 this will quote all the reply

the second way

u can copy the text u want to quote and on reply u just have to type

http://prntscr.com/4ndpha

for las t dont forget to click on quote this post, or the quoted text will not appear,this is on reply space as u can see on image with blue
http://prntscr.com/4ndqku

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-02-2013, 04:52 AM
RE: User CP interface Tutorial/ New Users
Remember when you're using information from somewhere else, ALWAYS post a link to
the original source and give credit.
11-02-2013, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 11:39 PM by troll2.)
RE: How to Use the New Forum Tutorial/ Profile settings
i did, just u don't let me finished,i was polishing the content,adding the screens, and a few comments, u just posted before i finished editing the post, now you can see a huge difference, its like the half of size, all the screen match, this content will solve any user doubt about the big question all new user make every time how can i ...in forum.

i think users can find here all the answers about forum. if u think there's something else to add , please be my guest

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]
11-03-2013, 01:16 AM
(11-02-2013 11:37 PM)troll2 Wrote:  i did, just u don't let me finished,i was polishing the content,adding the screens, and a few comments, u just posted before i finished editing the post, now you can see a huge difference, its like the half of size, all the screen match, this content will solve any user doubt about the big question all new user make every time how can i ...in forum.

i think users can find here all the answers about forum. if u think there's something else to add , please be my guest

No worries! But when citing a website be sure to post it as:
"Source: (URL to documentation)"
I just added it to your thread.

Thanks for the post! Should clear a lot of stuff up for people.
11-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Indeed, even if he took it from somewhere else, this kinda had to be posted here.
11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
This was very much needed, and it is good that it came during Beta stage before all the new people come on BEO2. Great information as I learned alot more about the new(er) forum. Good thinking, Troll2.
07-03-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: How to Use the New Forum Tutorial/ Profile settings/Posting images/and more
Great Information! This could really help new people

[Image: I8acYt.png]
08-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Very thorough job, troll2.
Maybe you should try a tutorial for the game too.
Smiley_Smile
09-16-2014, 07:09 AM
i need help....to create a clan HOW??????
do u create a clan?
09-16-2014, 07:25 AM
(09-16-2014 07:09 AM)cowgurll02 Wrote:  i need help....to create a clan HOW??????
do u create a clan?

In the BEO2 game. Go to your friends list. And on the top right hand corner. You will see a area where you can type anything you want up to 4 characters as long as it's not inappropriate. And to make a thread about your new clan on the forums. Go to the clan chat area and make a new thread. And hopefully some people will join your clan.