Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Random maps
08-27-2020, 03:47 AM
Random maps
I have lately played pro options-matches (not much else often available) on random maps and mostly those have been basically flat, few very small stalagmites on ground and small grounds on each side of maps ir eggs are basically on wall and again basically flat so question is where's the challenge on those kind of maps?
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
08-27-2020, 02:10 PM
RE: Random maps
I guess there isn't any? I mean you still have to aim and click weapons n'stuff. Smiley_Nod

Cool beans. Smiley_ThumbsUp
08-31-2020, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2020 03:22 AM by egg666.)
aiming isn't hard when opponent is straight ahead, just toss dfa, fridges, meteors, etc and voila.
08-31-2020, 10:43 PM
In normal random maps, the generation of a map in which you can't reach every place by just walking/jumping is very rare, although it can happen:

Spoiler :
[Image: VOXi7es.png]

I had to generate ~50 maps to get that one. Random symmetrical maps are more likely to be impossible to be travel through. I generated about 30 maps and got this ones:

Spoiler :
[Image: bqCsqLf.png]
[Image: axw7MVt.png]

Anyway, maps created by people are designed to be challening (or just funny in some cases), so I consider them better maps for playing in rather than computer generated ones. Even for boosting xp pumpkin map is better, but I guess people get bored of it. At least in random maps, background and land colour is also random...

[Image: ceFEfV1.png]
Ojo por ojo, y el mundo acabar√° ciego...
09-07-2020, 03:10 AM
seen that last few times and with bouncy walls it's crap for player who is in either of "holes" and isn't starting player.

on some random maps with platforms it's sometimes pretty much impossible to get out of "hole" w/o teleport since even with jumping on block in front is un-jumpable or timer (10 secs) is too short to attempt it long enuf.