Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
friend requests
05-21-2020, 12:26 PM
friend requests
If you pop into a game, send me a friend request (even though we have never met or payed together) and then immediately leave , why would you ever think i would ever friend you
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
05-22-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: friend requests
While I understand the need to vent about this and the leaderboard, I would probably suggest putting everything into a general thread with the specific purpose of venting frustrations and potentially getting answers.

With the leaderboard in mind, I'd honestly tell you to ignore it (especially the monthly). It doesn't give any perks for being on it and the monthly has always been full of those kinds of people and/or the ones who only 1v1 against themselves. So, unless you truly feel that you need to be on there to get a sense of accomplishment, there's no reason to even think about it in my honest opinion as one of the few remaining beta-players and as a moderator.

Going with this thread's venting, why add anyone at all? Being honest, unless people download the last version of flash, there's very few people who will be able to play for any amount of time. At some point, everyone will get new computers and they may not bother with flash at that point. While we could still play the mobile version, it remains completely separate from any of the official web versions (Kong only plays on Kong, Armor is only with other people on Armor, and the main site is only the main site). While playing everyone from all the different platforms and portals would have been both fun and interesting, it's also something that never happened and never will. Add into all of this that the majority of the requesters are shared account users or negative rep trolls and there truly is no reason to add anyone unless you know with absolute certainty that they are the only user for an account, but we still end up coming back to the issue of flash being dead and (supposedly) no longer available to download.

Keep in mind, I answer posts as a player first and a moderator second, meaning that while I may have the same issues, I've also given it a lot of thought and found my own solutions and answers to whatever problems or concerns may come up.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
05-23-2020, 04:14 PM
RE: friend requests
"While playing everyone from all the different platforms and portals would have been both fun and interesting, it's also something that never happened and never will. "

Ahh Tenchi, that line hit me. I feel there was a lot more potential for BEO to grow and it sadly didn't happen for many reasons. I understand Broken Ground was in a way "BEO3" but I strongly believe BEO3 would have far greater success due to the franchise name of "Bad Eggs"
This game was such a big part of my teen years growing up and it's very sad to see it end without a fight.
Maybe I was too hopeful but I always believed BEO could have grown such much more, even as a console game honestly.

There is so many what ifs and it actually sucks. I logged on both BEO1 and BEO2 recently just to get some nostalgia and it brought so much joy to me. Especially scrolling thru the BEO1 shells and weapons.. this game was so awesome and it sucks we never got to see it's full potential.

[Image: 11l0lxt.png]