Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
players skills declining?
01-16-2019, 04:19 AM
players skills declining?
played 2 match (3 vs 3) as guest today and won both matches and both teams had n00bs and alleged pros (1+ prestige) and still I was player who dealt most dmg by a big margin (in both matches more dmg done than my teammates dmg done combined and more than opponents) so I'm seriously starting to think that players skills are either declining or there are more and more bad players.

I play 4+ matches per day so I don't have same touch to game as those who play a lot more matches.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-16-2019, 07:36 AM
RE: players skills declining?
hay menos jugadores, la mayoría de los buenos jugadores ya se han ido, y los que se han quedado ya no tienen competencia entonces irónicamente bajan su nivel también, las partidas PRO se llenaban en un segundo, ahora tardan para llenarse,..aun así yo me sigo divirtiendo

there are fewer players, most of the good players have already left, and those who have run out have no competition so ironically they lower their level too, the PRO games were filled in a second, now they are slow to fill up, .. even so I am still having fun

01-29-2019, 02:09 AM
I would have thought the opposite would happen. Usually it's the newbies who leave the games and the better players tend to stick around for longer. Odd that the opposite happened.
01-29-2019, 04:20 AM
The game could be in a rough spot, who knows. Maybe some vets will come back.Smiley_RockOn
01-29-2019, 04:26 AM
Seems like it, who knows though. Maybe some vets will come back, I have noticed the games decrease in (decently skilled) players. Smiley_RockOn
01-30-2019, 01:06 AM
Pro BEO players are still around, it's just hard to keep playing like before after so long...
I don't belive the skills declined, I think OGs are getting too good for this generation

[Image: Screenshot-1.png]
01-30-2019, 03:53 PM
(01-30-2019 01:06 AM)TP™Alabamas1 Wrote:  Pro BEO players are still around, it's just hard to keep playing like before after so long...
I don't belive the skills declined, I think OGs are getting too good for this generation

I'd say this is pretty true, for the most part. Yes, there have been many original players from BEO1 and the beta testing who played for a time and retired. And yes, many from the 2nd wave of players are semi-retired as well. But Bama makes a very good point in all of this, and I admit that I'm part of it: those of us veteran players who are still around just don't have all the time that we did in the past. I, for one, play when I can but have to prioritize work and family. When BEO1 came out, I was still in high school, and BEO2 was a big part of my college days. Right before becoming a moderator, I'd also accepted a job in China and was preparing for that.

However, it's completely undeniable that the overall ability has declined because those of us who know the game like the back of our hands just aren't as available as we once were.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
01-31-2019, 12:45 PM
Precisally, now-a-days I play a few times a month... I can't really mantain my skills like before but I am also so used to the game I simply exploit any enimy mistake with no mercy, noobs can't take it Smiley_XD A big chunk of my friend list is burried for good ... I got DAZZ I think he's the one offline for the longest in my list with 900+ days. Sona, Huss, BeeD, etc... ): I miss those days when I would find challanging games without all this shared acc noobs and these unsufferable noobie teams that join impossible matches without fear or skill

[Image: Screenshot-1.png]
04-03-2019, 03:56 AM
1 of latest matches as guest i did 230 dmg (3 vs 3 match) and didn't use mortars and 2 teammates did ~70 dmg total so yea finding good teammates is like winning in lottery.
04-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Honestly, I can't remember the last time I actually played a match in either game, but I'm sure if I did, that would be incredibly fun since it's like beginning from scratch in terms of skill... With the exception of all the extra weapons I've bought in the past, haha!

And to be fair, one big reason why some of us older players kinda slowed down during BEO's peak was probably due to exhaustion and lack of time. Its been almost 8 years now since I first played my first match and man, does time go by fast! I will admit looking back that I played this game consistently and got better over time, but after a couple years, it became rather repetitive so frequent breaks were almost a necessity. I'm sure the fact that competition these days aren't comparable as its prime could be a reason why these players now aren't playing their max potential.

[Image: 2zjl62v.png]