Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Broken Ground beta discussion.
02-09-2018, 04:12 AM
Broken Ground beta discussion.
Didn't see a thread specifically to discuss the beta of the new game. What do you folks think of it?
I just downloaded it on steam but every time I change weapons the game crashes at the minute, so I can't really form an opinion on it yet. Anyone else have this bug? Anyone know if there is a fix for it?

My only feedback so far would be that I prefer the old a and d method of moving to the point and click stuff that is going on.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
02-09-2018, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 05:21 AM by [TMNT] StarWarrior111.)
RE: Broken Ground beta discussion.
Rob will be working on the crash bug, if you want to send any further bug reports for Broken Ground, join his discord server https://discord.gg/vRuKd9Z
EDIT: I see your on discord, sorry didn't see you there :/

If you are reading this, you owe me $1Smiley_Rich

(I really need a cool signature :/)
02-09-2018, 05:30 AM
Yeah, I'm sure it will take a while to work out the bugs. I got to do a few practice shots with a couple of weapons at one point and I have to say, I don't like the way grenades bounce so high and the way airstrike works where a canister of some sort is fired instead of the ball type thing here. The marker for airstrike in the new game can bounce in random directions, takes away a bit of the skill factor and adds unnecessary randomness.
04-13-2018, 04:02 AM
played bg's practice and won't be playing more since moving is way too clumsy.
04-13-2018, 04:21 AM
I don't think it's clumsy. It just takes a bit to get used to if you play on a trackpad.
04-14-2018, 03:36 AM
normal mouse not trackpad. maybe its different on other maps (practiced on bridge) but I'll stay in BEO until it gets closed or all players vanish.
04-14-2018, 12:59 PM
As macab said, the movement isn't clumsy, but it is extremely different than what we're used to. If you play it for a few games, then you do get used to the movement (as well as the adjusted physics).

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
04-15-2018, 02:57 AM
maybe but no plans to play since i'm a bit against steam (and rest of its type) since it can take a while to be able to play if steam 1st updates itself and also I prefer installation media (either as cd/dvd or downloadable installation file).
04-26-2018, 12:46 PM
A and D keys for movement was added in an update, but you can still right click for movement, too, and I believe the donkin bros are going to expand BG to mobile and such if BG on Steam goes well, it seems to be going well so far

EoD™ for life Smiley_Wink
08-26-2018, 11:28 AM
I was about to write a negative review for BG on steam but decided to vent here instead. Broken Ground is great. I love the game. It is a great evolution for the Bad Eggs series. There are less overpowered weapons, the physics, maps, weapons and gameplay are all an improvement/evolution compared to BEO2.
Having said that, the game is completely broken because nobody plays it. I can still jump on BEO2 at almost any time day or night and find a 2v2 in a minute or two with a good chance of competent players. Broken Grounds is over 4 months old now and the uptake compared to its predecessors is non-existent. It can take 10-15 minutes to find a 2v2, sometimes a lot longer and when you do find a game, it is usually filled with new players that have no idea what they are doing. The updating of the lobby list is also an issue. Games that have been filled stay on the lobby list for a long time after they are already full. Games that have a free spot seem to take a long time to show up on the list.
The game has not been updated in two months and there seems to be a very small player pool. Is it time for the Donkins to admit that the rebranding and move to steam has been a bad move or do we give the game more time?
I know nothing about creating games so my opinion is pretty much worthless but... BEO was/is a hugely popular game and recognisable brand. Surely, a BEO 3, with similar characteristics to BG, released as a browser game to maximise the player base would be a much more lucrative route to go down? Maybe it is not possible to create something similar to BG as a browser game? I have no idea. All I know is, I open Broken Grounds maybe once or twice a week, spend a long time looking for a game and end up playing a game or two with noobs then close the game again frustrated. The longer this goes on, the less I open the game. It is always hard to go backwards but I find BEO2 a better option most of the time. It is a shame, BG has great potential but seems to be going nowhere.