Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Broken Ground on Imgur
01-03-2018, 01:07 AM
Broken Ground on Imgur
Hey everyone,

I made a post on imgur sharing a bit of our story and it would be awesome if you could give it an upvote (if you have an imgur account of course). I've never managed to get a post into most viral so I think we'll struggle but it's worth a shot!

https://imgur.com/gallery/CQifY

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-03-2018, 01:31 AM
RE: Broken Ground on Imgur
Sure, really excited for the game tho, this game will be a big hit, I can feel it already.

[Image: 2usyiko.jpg]
01-03-2018, 01:33 AM
Sweet, thanks!

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
01-03-2018, 03:19 AM
Done >.< >.< >.<

01-03-2018, 01:25 PM
It NEEDS to be a big hit, if this game gets put on console, i'll know what i'll be playing for a lot! Keep up the good work!

If you are reading this, you owe me $1Smiley_Rich

(I really need a cool signature :/)
01-03-2018, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 06:02 PM by left2burn.)
(01-03-2018 01:07 AM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  Hey everyone,

I made a post on imgur sharing a bit of our story and it would be awesome if you could give it an upvote (if you have an imgur account of course). I've never managed to get a post into most viral so I think we'll struggle but it's worth a shot!

https://imgur.com/gallery/CQifY

"Tank Wars" was actually called "Scorched Earth"...at least in the USA. LOL Just as someone else posted on the imgur posts...and quite vulgarly.

And the new game looks nice. I cant' wait to play it. Smiley_BigGrin

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys!

Actually Scorched Earth was a different game that came out slightly later. According to the Wikipedia Scorched Earth article:

"There is also a similar game from the same era called Tank Wars and another on the Commodore Amiga computer system called Scorched Tanks. Tank Wars was made in 1990 by Kenny Morse, a year before Scorched Earth. Commodore also released a similar version in their educational software catalog called Artillery."

I did play Scorched Earth years later but Tank Wars is the one I remember from my childhood.

01-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Oh wow, you are right! I slightly remember Tank Wars, but more so Scorched Earth...I'm only a few years younger than you. Smiley_Wink The graphics are so much better with Scorched Earth, though. LOL

[Image: giphy.gif]