Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
totally crappy weapons
12-26-2017, 04:40 AM
totally crappy weapons
1 vs 1 in pumpkin and no long range weapons besides bazooka, grenade, gasgrenade, multimissile, ecto-rocket and sidewinder. I have had bad selection before but that was worst. Had 24 health in end (so basically 1 boot away (with which opponent tried to kill me after using big booms and airstrikes) from defeat).
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
12-26-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: totally crappy weapons
It happens, but it's not about the weapons you get, it's about how you use them (much like level is just a number).

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
12-27-2017, 04:05 AM
true but quite a disadvantage vs 2 big booms and 2 airstrikes, my luck that opponent had bad aiming with airstrikes and boots and i had bit better with grenades.

same with today and this time my luck was that opponent shot with plasma cannon too close (5 dmg instead 40) and airstrikes failed and my grenades didn't. 12 health this time and opponent won dmg dealt (100 vs 125) cause airstrikes hit ghost.
02-07-2018, 04:12 AM
There are no bad weapons, only bad players. I play as a guest about as often as I play with my account. A while back, I beat a prestiger 16-2 1v1 as a guest. He got real mad.
02-07-2018, 09:53 PM
There certainly are better weapons than others. Of course, this is a game of skill, but don't be so quick as to ascertain that luck is not involved at all — if that was true, you'd have access to all weapons every game, as it wouldn't make a difference at all.

04-14-2018, 10:43 PM
I posit that Big Boom is a bad weapon. Only does as much damage as grenade and destroys much of the terrain that can be used to your advantage. As new players get it from the start, and like the large explosion, they use it more than other weapons, often times making their situation worse.

Once you get good enough and learn how to aim there's little use for Big Boom since again it only does 20 dmg.
04-15-2018, 12:47 AM
It's fair enough to say, but at the same time, it comes down to strategy. If you think about it, the Big Boom is meant more to prevent enemy team advancement OR to allow your team to get in close for a frying pan or other melee/close-range attack. While there are stronger weapons, very few will accomplish the same kind of terrain change that a BB can with a single shot. Grenades on the other hand, are more of that basic "catch all" weapon.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
04-15-2018, 03:03 AM
if you think that big boom is bad then think about mudballs especially in 3 vs 3 match where opponents have 2 mudballs each, that requires quite a bit miniguns/repeaters/etc.

also some not that nice players tactic is to throw mudballs to block opponent and that way not to lose match.
04-16-2018, 06:38 PM
Sometimes it is even a good idea, particularly with big explosions on, to aim the Big Boom directly at terrain. You'll either miss your opponents or hit them for single-digit damage, but their position (and thus their ability to damage you) will be much worse.

It's a tactical advantage.

04-19-2018, 04:20 AM
bad luck stroke again, best long range weapon was repeater (3 shots) while opponent had big booms and vortex equalizers.