Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
suggestion: close the suggestions section
07-06-2017, 06:11 AM
suggestion: close the suggestions section
If the answer to every suggestion is that it's been suggested before and/or can't be implemented because the game is no longer being worked on and no one's ideas will ever be implemented, then maybe it's time to lock this section entirely? It seems silly to have it if suggestions aren't in any way useful anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
07-06-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: suggestion: close the suggestions section
Even before the developers stopped updating the game, there have been tons of suggestions. And only a couple have actually been implemented into the game in some form. Closing off the suggestion forum is just going to kill the forum even more. I think that people, including me should work more on not riding off an idea completely or only posting reasons why the idea wouldn't work and why it isn't good, especially to new members.
07-07-2017, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 05:35 PM by BadNilla.)
If the strongest argument for keeping the suggestions section open is that it'll kill the forums even more, then I'd like to amend my suggestion. I suggest we close the forums entirely, because if the only thing keeping it going is this suggestions section, it needs to be put out of its misery. I'm half serious.

In the most recent 10 suggestion threads, 8 were shot down completely, 1 already existed, and 1 received positive feedback from everyone who replied (but it's never going to happen.) I've read it long enough to know that those results are roughly consistent with post history over the last couple of years. So really, I don't understand the function of this section at all. I don't think it serves a purpose.
07-07-2017, 06:13 PM
It doesn't really serve a purpose, but I'd rather see more posts than less. I doubt someone wanting to make a suggestion thread will make a different thread as a substitute or something. They just won't post.
07-07-2017, 06:19 PM
There might always be people with new ideas. So I rather see more posts than less.

[Image: iris.jpg]
[Image: SqsdbEO.png]
Made by Chou Smiley_Heart Smiley_Kiss (bff & clan leader, I love u :*).
07-07-2017, 08:50 PM
There were some new clan threads that were posted; however, because the person made several accounts to make the same thread, all of them were hidden and the person (and their accounts) was banned.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
07-08-2017, 04:33 AM
I'm not sure you meant to post that in this thread, tench, unless I'm missing something.
07-08-2017, 01:06 PM
The claim is that the forums are dead and that no new posts are being made, this is the revised information from your original post. So I didn't mis-post it, I was simply providing more insight and examples. With spambots, there are new posts that pop up, but nobody likes spam on the web (maybe on a sandwich, though). So, when these and alt accounts pop up, we come in and remove all of the posts that they make.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
07-09-2017, 05:43 AM
(07-06-2017 06:11 AM)BadNilla Wrote:  If the answer to every suggestion is that it's been suggested before and/or can't be implemented because the game is no longer being worked on and no one's ideas will ever be implemented, then maybe it's time to lock this section entirely? It seems silly to have it if suggestions aren't in any way useful anymore.

There may not be any future planned updates, but that shouldn't stop people from making suggestions. Regardless of whether or not a suggestion is implemented, the discussions centred around some of the ideas previously posed have been quite interesting. In many game forums, suggestions are also still be utilised at later dates for future game versions.

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]
07-09-2017, 08:39 AM
tenchi, I still don't understand your post, I don't think it was necessarily needed.
I think he meant valid posts, while spam posts do not fall under that category.
In the end, there's still very minimal amounts of reasonable posts.

(Almost to that 100th Post!) I imagine he's going to lock the thread now.

[Image: 2zjl62v.png]