Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
Game is dying !
03-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Game is dying !
Yes people still play the game but it stopped being the game we enjoyed so much now there no updates what so ever.....

And yes i know the Donkins are working hard on there new game and just being busy overall but a minor update would be great! i'm sure with a new pack or 2 beo2 will be popping with excitement.

Most players that bought item's and shell's probably have some credit just sitting there getting dusty...

btw i know they also release shell's every now and then but a wep pack is what we all want !!

Sooner or later this game might end up like beo1 only like 2-3 people host game's on there

Anyway i thank you for your time Tah Tah~!

[Image: puaodl771b4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
03-12-2017, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 05:11 PM by Belegthorn of Gondor.)
RE: Game is dying !
Greetings friend, it has been a lot of time since we last met.

By the way, may I slightly correct the title? Methinks it should be- "The game is dead"... But I think I shouldn't be the one telling this thing as I myself don't play it much. As far as my opinion is concerned, I don't think it to be as appealing as it once was(Natural), it's always the same thing- 95% rude players, 2% friendly players, 1% pessimistic players and a 2% consisting of people who think that they are journalists... (And apart from them, my kind of players, who complain that the game is dead though knowing that it is so because of them...)

Whatever a new game is coming up so I think people are interested thinking about that one rather than playing the one currently available to them. And I am pretty much sure that everyone(including you, most probably) will leave Bad Eggs and shift to that new game if it turns out to be better, save a few players.

Once a ship starts sinking, it plunges deeper, and deeper. True for games too.... With some notable exceptions.
Whatever,

Fare ye well!

[Image: oadulp8d98b.png]
03-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Well the game is dying, the forum used to be so lively last year (it was still dead then)

03-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Games do come and go, and games such as BEO aren't meant to be played forever, no matter what people want or expect. If you think about other, more famous, games, even those, for the most part, only have a live span of about 3 years. It is the natural tendencies of games and of game culture, and very few games can live beyond that (think about the number of games made every year, and then think about how many people still talk about or how many you can even buy a year later).

(03-12-2017 06:26 PM)(BBG) TheBigBlackGuy Wrote:  Well the game is dying, the forum used to be so lively last year (it was still dead then)

As for this, well, the forums are not at all equal to the game. The only time that this could be true is if people shared strategies or if it were a text game. The forum dying comes from the veteran players being tired of new players not listening to sound advice. It also comes from those same new players deciding not to show respect to anyone. Also, before anyone can say "well, nobody else showed me any respect" you must ask if you showed it to them first.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
03-13-2017, 03:47 AM
I'd say 60% rude, 25% idiots, 10% friendly and rest others.

it varies daily, sometimes more friendly and sometimes more 1st 2 groups.
03-13-2017, 05:08 AM
(03-13-2017 03:47 AM)egg666 Wrote:  I'd say 60% rude, 25% idiots, 10% friendly and rest others.

it varies daily, sometimes more friendly and sometimes more 1st 2 groups.

I totally agree with you. Oh and some players report others in games for no reasons. ._.

[Image: iris.jpg]
[Image: SqsdbEO.png]
Made by Chou Smiley_Heart Smiley_Kiss (bff & clan leader, I love u :*).
03-13-2017, 08:55 AM
It's pretty much 100% established by now that there are no updates, and people are losing/have already lost interest in the game. But nothing we do is going to change that.
03-17-2017, 10:45 PM
The game is still fairly popular or kongregate (where I play), there's usually a minimum of 25 players online in the kong chat room (50+ at peak times)...

I visited the forum to complain AGAIN about the non-working rep system, because I find that's the main problem, and the reason that core long-term players quit - players who would otherwise continue to play for years - players like me.

When I ask friends (who are also long-term players) from kongregate chat why they stopped playing, it's not "because I got bored with it" - it's because they got bored with AFKers and rage quitters - because the rep system doesn't work to filter them out!

I disagree with the comment that "all games die" - games that die are single-player games that can be completed and have little replay value. This game is a good example of a game that could live forever, IF it was maintained and promoted - the only reason games like this die is when the developers abandon it.

If the Donkins aren't interested in maintaining it any longer, maybe they should consider selling it? (the bad eggs theme with egg puns is very marketable) - There is a lot of untapped potential for additional features and pay items - for example:
  • Tournament matches - where you select a set of maps to play one after the other, from a pre-defined map list, or create your own custom map list.
  • Co-operative vs AI campaign style missions (of multiple maps, like a map list above).
  • Single player campaign missions.
  • Long side-scrolling maps (mainly for the above missions) - where you have to get from one side to the other to win.
  • Chat rooms, where you have your egg as an avatar, and can move around the screen - useful for finding players to play the above style tournaments/missions with.
  • Tournament prizes.
  • And with all these additional features, it would warrant a subscription based PRO membership (where you have to pay something like $5 a month to remain pro). NOTE: I've never liked the name "pro", because people use it to mean a player is good e.g. "wow, you're pro dude!"
  • With chat rooms, the community would remain strong - and to keep it a friendly community you'd need moderators - give them free pro membership for their good work.
  • Custom map creation (level editor) - for pro subscribers only - Also a monthly competition for the best maps, and have the winning map available to select as a normal map (for free players) for the month.
  • And finally, a simple one - more filters - like pro only games, or prestige only - I'd rather wait around a few minutes to get a good game with challenging players than waste time playing newbies and quitters (not so important if the rep system actually worked properly, cause that would eliminate most of the problem)

I realise they're making a new game for steam, but that's a totally new market, and leaves a whole in the market for the, possibly millions, of players that still play browser flash games.

But aside from all that, the main reason the game loses core long-term players is because the rep system is broken and abused.
05-02-2017, 05:54 AM
One of the reasons the game is dying is win 10/new browsers killed the flash player well not exactly killed yet but they make it a "click to activate" but with good reason toward security it makes good sense to get rid of it.

Many have switched to html 5.

I play every now and then but have moved on to other games.
05-03-2017, 03:17 AM
use flash standalone player to play.