Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
My First Shell
02-21-2017, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2017 01:55 PM by Jimmy Cream Pop.)
My First Shell
I decided I'd have some fun and made a special shell. Now, I know it's not really the quality of the game and the hair doesn't match the artstyle, but I decided I'd sketch our 45th president in egg form. Please keep politics to a minimum, I just did this to have some fun. I'd love to have some informative feedback to make my future custom shells just look that little bit better!

[Image: fTwLeL4.png]

Spoiler :
Here is what he would look like in an actual match:
[Image: 7c7d6175d216443f861b9ec51f862598.png]
Here is what he would look like on the shell selection screen:
[Image: ZsPc53E.png]

here's what it originally looked like before i revised it
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
02-21-2017, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2017 02:57 PM by tenchi.)
RE: My First Shell
Should have changed the shell color to orange, just to make it match a bit better.

As for suggestions, come up with your own names and descriptions. If you can bring your creations to "life", then they might have the possibility of being added into a game (it doesn't matter if we talk about this game or any other game). The only thing that I caution against is using real people's names, so changing the name and something about the character fixes that, for example, "Alvin Doublova: He wanted to make Bad Eggs great again. Instead, everyone made fun of his light blue shell, so he called them all 'fake eggs'." There, you have a few things going on: doublova = double ova (2 yolks, 1 egg) and it's slightly Russian sounding,; Alvin sounds a little like "albumen" (the white part of the egg), but could very easily be an "American" name; "Make Bad Eggs Great Again" changes his campaign slogan and fits the game perfectly while the part about the blue shell references his weird skin and the fact that not all eggs/people are the same and still manages to mention the "fake news" stuff that he loves to call on.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
02-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Nice.

[Image: SgDUq8o.jpg]
[Image: iPMXkz6.jpg]
[Image: N1fKapM.png]
[Image: STvlnhq.png]
02-21-2017, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2017 04:07 PM by Jimmy Cream Pop.)
(02-21-2017 02:39 PM)tenchi Wrote:  Should have changed the shell color to orange, just to make it match a bit better.
Ahahaha, didnt think of that.
Anyway, I actually planned to put 'make bad eggs great again' on the hat but it didn't fit so i just went with plain old MAGA. I wasn't planning for this to be put into the game by the way, just having a little fun and practicing.
I like your idea of creating a story and name for him, and maybe sometime I'll resubmit a different version of him.
Would anyone happen to have any tips for making hair? Right now IMO the hair I made looks like a melting taco shell on his head. It was originally my plan to recolor the Elvis shell hair but I couldn't get a good enough HD picture of it.

Also, if I were to expand this, I say why not give him a full pack. His shell would come with a map of his name in golden letters on a tower in the middle of the players, with them spawning in various places around it, in nod to the TRUMP Tower in New York.
02-21-2017, 04:41 PM
For the hair, I'd make it more wavy. It also seems that you used that tool where you connect dots together to create a shape of the hair. I wouldn't do that if I had any other resource available.
02-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Nice shell!

[Image: iris.jpg]
[Image: SqsdbEO.png]
Made by Chou Smiley_Heart Smiley_Kiss (bff & clan leader, I love u :*).
02-21-2017, 10:58 PM
(02-21-2017 04:41 PM)The Boy Who Flies- Macab Wrote:  For the hair, I'd make it more wavy. It also seems that you used that tool where you connect dots together to create a shape of the hair. I wouldn't do that if I had any other resource available.

Nah i use paint.net. I drew the hair.
02-22-2017, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 06:00 AM by Vakson.)
Very original,I really like it!

02-22-2017, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 08:27 AM by Jimmy Cream Pop.)
Here, I took another shot at this. Any better? I tried to redo the hair in a new style and took some criticism from both this thread and some personal friends.
[Image: fTwLeL4.png]
02-22-2017, 09:23 AM
That looks a lot better.