Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Portal map breaking
01-08-2017, 06:06 AM
Portal map breaking
When playing 'Quandrants' (as I believe it's called),
if you destroy the entire terrain and jump into one of the lower portals from above, the player will keep going between portals forever causing problems for other users. If the portals could be moved just the slightest bit in a future update it would help.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-08-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: Portal map breaking
It's not a bug, it's actually part of the design. Yes it can be a problem and it can cause lag, but it's not an accident as this can be used strategically.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
01-09-2017, 12:50 AM
The only thing you can do is teleport if you're stuck with portals.

[Image: iris.jpg]
[Image: SqsdbEO.png]
Made by Chou Smiley_Heart Smiley_Kiss (bff & clan leader, I love u :*).
01-09-2017, 01:05 AM
(01-09-2017 12:50 AM)[F†i™] Irispavlisa Wrote:  The only thing you can do is teleport if you're stuck with portals.

He's talking about creating the loops. So, you've gotten stuck between the 2, and you're in an endless cycle (think of portal, hole on the ceiling and one on the floor). Eventually, the timer clocks out and you just drop straight down.

01-09-2017, 04:26 AM
I understand it's not a bug but I still think it should be resolved because if a player uses this 'stragety', some players could press fire with 30 second remaining and it still wouldn't work for their entire turn. Players can go into an endless loop for many turns and most people have used their teleport to actually get in in the first place resulting in no way to back out. Not to mention, if a players traps a person who was looping with a dirt bomb, the game will either crash or disconnect as I've seen.
01-09-2017, 05:15 AM
Because there is no bug, there is nothing to resolve. The clock will and does time out and it forces the player in the loop to land. No turns are lost, the only one who's done anything during that time is the person who initially started the "endless" looping in the first place.

If you have evidence to the contrary, then you need to capture it and post it for any kind of patch (active updates are no longer being perfomed, only maintenance updates).

01-10-2017, 08:10 AM
I would juse like to say that the loop is not endless.
I have been in that situation and sooner or later you will get out of the loop and fall to the ground.
So, not only is this not a bug, it's actually got a failsafe!

[Image: Screenshot-1.png]
01-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Alright, but I've had different expeiriences. The last thing I want to do is argue but I just want to mention
That just because it may not be a bug, does not mean it doesn't need ti be resolved.

Smiley_Ninja Ninja in Disguise
01-11-2017, 01:58 AM
It is part strategy. Waiting that long could mean that you decide to quit before it's over, or it could result in slower connections getting dropped, meaning that there's no "resolution" to be had. And again, if you've got proof that it doesn't end at all, then show it so that a fix can be found/made.