Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Misc. Suggestions
10-10-2016, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 04:18 AM by sharkman0101.)
Misc. Suggestions
This is a thread that is about suggestions that may have a varying impact on the game and it could be about map options, overhauls, and other things that you can judge accordingly.

Like I said above, this is a Misc. options thread. I could update this later if I have more time on my hands, but this is all for now.

(Spoilers used to make page smaller. Every time I update the thread a new spoiler will appear.) An asterisk beside something means it needs work, particualry suggested by someone's post.

Spoiler :

Options

No Team Choice Option - This is availible to everyone, if there should be a limit on this then tell me. This basically disables team options and it makes random teams forced. This can make more fair matches and get rid of the problem that makes a high level team against a low level team. * Randomiser problems, best I can say is that it locks team options and just makes it random only

Random Terrain Cavern Toggle - This would add a button to the random terrain maps, where if you press a small cave icon, it will make it a cavern map, but this is only present on cavern maps. The top can vary in terrains, but can not go farther then 1/8 of the map. Not much more to say here. (Pro only, obivously.) tenchi already explained why I should not put this in

No Stash Usage - Not much to say here, an option that disables usage of stash weapons, if you want to. This is availble to everyone.

Weapon Balancer Toggle - What this does is makes stronger weapons appear in your loadout less and it makes weaker weapons appear in your loadout more. (Ex. A stash cooldown 4 weapon could have a 10% chance of appearing while a cooldown 1 weapon could have a 30% percent chance of spawning, if you have the weapon. (Pro only) * - Balancing issues, I might remove this

Party Games

Wheel of Weapons - When you are shooting, you don't know weapon you are shooting. After you aim and fire, a wheel will appear with 10 weapons, and it will spin at a fast speed, you can't really see what you will get. Once you press "Stop", it will slow down a bit, and then once it lands on a certain weapon, that weapon will be fired. This adds a fun, but luck-based gamemode anyone can enjoy. Whoever deals the most damage wins, no death occurs in this gamemode. Healing items do not appear in this game.

Sorry for the little options for now. I had little time to work on this. Hope you enjoy, and use constructive critisism please.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
10-10-2016, 07:06 PM
RE: Misc. Suggestions
Random Terrain Cavern Toggle: We already have these options as part of pro. Pro players can change the walls to looping (blue), bouncy (pink) or solid (black). The ceiling has the same options in bouncy and solid. Some people turn them all on on every map just to increase the difficulty and to decrease the amounts of usable weapons.

No Team Choice Option: There are never "fair" teams. Simply put, friends choose teams based on personality, not based on skill. When clans do it, it's because of that friendship that they team up. I've been in games with 3 high level players, 2 guests and a new player and it just so happened that the guests and noob were all on the same team...nobody chose teams in those matches.

Weapon Balancer Toggle: I'm not sure why you use stash as your example as they have the cooldown before next use. With regard to the other weapons you can get, the packs can be disabled so that they won't show up and many of the "high powered" weapons are already uncommon in the loadouts. Any changes to it now would make it nearly impossible to get them.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
10-10-2016, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 10:35 PM by sharkman0101.)
Oh well, I forgot about the ceiling thing. Oops. I'll just cross that out then.

Hmm, I usually see teams with many high level people, and most of the time it seems that they don't even talk to each other, they just want to win. Oh well, that's just my luck. Only like, 1/8 of the teams I encounter are teamed because of personality or because they are friends or in the same clan. It could try to balance the teams by trying to even out the high leveld people with the low leveled people, so that maybe there could be a match that is a lv90 + lv10 vs. a lv85 vs. a lv15, however I am unsure if that could be implemented.

The Weapon Balancer Toggle, the stash example, what I was saying is that strong weapons are usually Cooldown 4, and weaker weapons are Usually 1 and 2, and the cooldown 4 weapons have a lower chance of appearing than lower cooldown weapons. I wasn't saying they should have a cooldown, I was just putting it as a placeholder to showcase stronger weapons from weaker weapons. I think I should just replace it as "No Pack Loadouts" but that would be so common amoung the games, that packs would be almost impossible to use. I will just wait for what others have to say.

Thanks for your feedback though. I appreciate it!
10-11-2016, 01:52 AM
But, as I said, stash has it's own cooldowns which don't apply to any other weapons so it still doesn't make any sense. The no packs part is already under player control as it is.

The teams though, just to come back to that, that's a luck thing anyways when you talk about random match-ups. As you said, the people on teams don't appear to talk because they utilize team chat. When you talk about auto-matching based on level, there's no way to make it work because of people not wanting to play with "noobs". If you play with 4 or 5 guests, just to make things even more complicated, then how do you balance it if you're a level 90 and someone else is level 5? There's no way that you can implement a level-based balance to the game without upsetting the balance that is completely randomized teams and complete luck on the skill level of those team members.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
10-11-2016, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I can see these options need a lot of work. I will try to think of a way to improve these options, but in the meanwhile, I will just put an asterisk sign beside it showing that it needs work. Balancing this game seems very tough, you seem to know more about balancing than I do.

12-27-2016, 04:18 PM
(10-11-2016 01:52 AM)tenchi Wrote:  But, as I said, stash has it's own cooldowns which don't apply to any other weapons so it still doesn't make any sense. The no packs part is already under player control as it is.

The teams though, just to come back to that, that's a luck thing anyways when you talk about random match-ups. As you said, the people on teams don't appear to talk because they utilize team chat. When you talk about auto-matching based on level, there's no way to make it work because of people not wanting to play with "noobs". If you play with 4 or 5 guests, just to make things even more complicated, then how do you balance it if you're a level 90 and someone else is level 5? There's no way that you can implement a level-based balance to the game without upsetting the balance that is completely randomized teams and complete luck on the skill level of those team members.

I can't hold all disapointing as Blast10, But, if you dissapoint me as Shadow-The-Worm, Anyway, i still look nothing Ideas, You, all, are hating me, like a Worm is hated by Other Worms. Nothing else, than just bursting me out. Even no cheer, why can't you get even, what i wanted. You all made my past self destroyed. But, you keep bursting me!
GET
DUNKED
ON!!!

I am a wormy hero, who saves all world from my egg clone.
Thread Closed