Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Pokemon weapon? (weapon idea)
08-17-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Pokemon weapon? (weapon idea)
Of course not, it's great that you wrote all your thoughts. The more detailed you submit your idea, the higher chances it has to get attention.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
08-18-2016, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 07:54 AM by Ftihochou.)
Sorry this is out of topic: @Call.me.epic please delete some messages cuz i can't reply back to your pm's tnx.

-Regards.

[Image: SgDUq8o.jpg]
[Image: iPMXkz6.jpg]
[Image: N1fKapM.png]
[Image: STvlnhq.png]
08-18-2016, 08:59 AM
yay pokemon

[Image: poudal85146.png]
[Image: uldpoa85276.jpeg]
08-18-2016, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2016 10:26 AM by Call-Me-Epic.)
Glad that people are liking this idea and it really has helped me to start and think about making more creative better ideas, so I'd like to say thank you to all the people that were giving me good feed back. (Any feed back for that matter)

Thought about it for a long time and I know what type of thing I will be doing next sadly it wont be a suggestion as the first one took me like an hour *Does a nervous laugh*

The next thing I will be doing will be on the general chat, its more of a remembrance thread if anything.

If you are waiting for another "idea" of mine then please do wait and try not to be impatient, Not trying to make you feel sorry for myself or nothing but writing all that and then making sure it has hardly if not no spelling/grammar mistakes and then making sure its not too op or not to weak and then getting the source to back up my information

I have had some ideas on what to do for my next suggestion but I will wait for the right one, and like I mentioned before I already know what I'm doing next.

Again thanks for all the feedback everyone it will be taken into a count!

Kind regards -Epic

(P.S I have started to realize how much I write *Gulps* Smiley_Confused)

[Image: hT3s45Z.jpg?1]
08-18-2016, 06:56 PM
I'll point out that names aren't copyrightable in most countries (they can be trademarked, but that's not an issue here as nobody would be conducting business under that name), and attack effects are almost certainly not considered intellectual property by themselves (otherwise you wouldn't be able to make a game at all, since "does damage to the opponent" is already an effect of something in some other game).

That being said, this weapon idea is certainly interesting. I'd say that the effect chance needs to be upped to around 10% each to make it useful, though. (Also, 15 damage is awful. Make it 20 for balancing. Or 25/30 if you want to go OP like most imbalanced (paid) weapons...)

08-19-2016, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016 01:15 AM by Call-Me-Epic.)
(08-18-2016 06:56 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  I'll point out that names aren't copyrightable in most countries (they can be trademarked, but that's not an issue here as nobody would be conducting business under that name), and attack effects are almost certainly not considered intellectual property by themselves (otherwise you wouldn't be able to make a game at all, since "does damage to the opponent" is already an effect of something in some other game).

That being said, this weapon idea is certainly interesting. I'd say that the effect chance needs to be upped to around 10% each to make it useful, though. (Also, 15 damage is awful. Make it 20 for balancing. Or 25/30 if you want to go OP like most imbalanced (paid) weapons...)

You haven't read my thread fully then as it does do 15 damage but I also said

Quote: E.g. it did 15 and didn't get a status condition maybe just do an extra 10 damage so it would be boosted to 25

So it would either do 15 damage plus a status condition or it would just do 25. And although the percentage is low (20% out of a 100%) you could still get a solid 25 which isn't that bad.

Also making an idea for me personally is not to make it OP, anyone can do that. Its to make it different and to try and make you think how you could use it to your advantage. Basically using tactics instead of just using power.

08-30-2016, 11:01 AM
Will this ever be made?

08-31-2016, 02:41 AM
pokemon? no since cost>benefits
09-14-2016, 04:29 AM
How about adding a random teleport to the effect as well? OR gaining 2X XP as a status effect

[Image: 2d1wqgw.jpg]
09-14-2016, 07:49 AM
(09-14-2016 04:29 AM)snap Wrote:  How about adding a random teleport to the effect as well? OR gaining 2X XP as a status effect

Your ideas aren't bad, but there is already a weapon that's makes a player it hits randomly teleport "Atomiser" and the x2 xp I wouldn't class as a "status affect" (in my opinion) due to the fact that the definition of it is

"status effect is a temporary modification to a game character’s original set of stats"

Although it does use a "temporary modification" it doesn't really do a actual status effect (if anyone knows what I mean lol)

But that is just my opinion, not bad suggestions though. You should try and come up with some yourself, I think you would be good at it Smiley_Wink