Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
Recent Migration of Cheating Players (Annoying)
06-09-2016, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 09:25 AM by LucidLeaper.)
Recent Migration of Cheating Players (Annoying)
It's not fun when I host a 1v1v1v1 game and the players decide to team up. There's a team mode for a reason. Just because I have a negative rep (some of which is due to lost connection), I'm unable to report these players. So I've taken screenshots of these users' conversations... every player that has ever tried to cheat. I've invested money in this game. It's seriously disappointing to see a player write "team?" to another then be left defending myself against 2 or 3 others. This isn't meant to be 2v1 or 3v1. And then I'm forced to watch them finish or just quit. I have, at the least, 50 user names (complete with screenshots) in the palm of my hand. I'd like my Rep reset back to 10 so I can, with reason, report these cheating players. If not, I will post all these usernames because this is ridiculous how often it happens.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
06-09-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: Recent Migration of Cheating Players (Annoying)
Lol that's exactly why i don't play that game mode all those people who Team and just kill you off all quick

Also when a group of friend go in and just you join your the odd one out so they kill you !!

[Image: puaodl771b4.gif]
06-09-2016, 10:18 AM
They need a KICK button. Reporting alone doesn't help secure a game I should have won. It just makes these cheating players mute eventually.
06-09-2016, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 10:21 AM by Grim-Cat.)
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad time with that game mode, however I have to inform you that you should not post these screenshots here because we don't really admit any kind of flaming. What you can do however is to send them to either Rob Donkin, John Donkin, Mageg or myself and we will see what has to be done.
On the other hand, I don't think there's much the staff can do. There really aren't rules about how to play these game modes, I agree that's cheap, but it's impossible to control the behaviour of the players, talking about the ''strategies'' they use.
The kick button idea has been discussed many times and there are much more reasons not to have it than reasons to have it.
06-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Fair enough. I won't post them here. Thank you for your response.
06-09-2016, 02:14 PM
Thats why i stopped playing 1v1v1v1 because they always team on me, so i avoid playing it, especially 1v1v1s

[Image: poudal85146.png]
[Image: uldpoa85276.jpeg]
06-09-2016, 10:59 PM
In any of the 1v modes, it is and always has been "to each their own". That means that another old saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", applies and that the 2-3 other people are more than welcome to team up against 1 person. It isn't any type of cheating, it's simply strategy at play, both effective and fair. The only "fix" is to not play those modes...EVER.

(06-09-2016 10:18 AM)LucidLeaper Wrote:  They need a KICK button. Reporting alone doesn't help secure a game I should have won. It just makes these cheating players mute eventually.

Now for this one. It's been suggested before, and I'll give you the short list on why it wouldn't work:
Abuse by kicking the "better" players;
abuse by kicking the guests;
abuse by kicking negative rep players;
used to kick anyone you don't like.

Before anyone says you can limit the uses, that was suggested too and it wouldn't make any kind of difference because once you're kicked, you'd be banned from that lobby.

Ultimately, you change the "cheating" from teaming in 1 specific setting to the option to kick people in all game modes. Wait times can already get lengthy based on the settings you play, so why punish everyone with an option that would make it even longer and more difficult to play.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
06-10-2016, 01:24 AM
(06-09-2016 09:25 AM)LucidLeaper Wrote:  It's not fun when I host a 1v1v1v1 game and the players decide to team up. There's a team mode for a reason. Just because I have a negative rep (some of which is due to lost connection), I'm unable to report these players. So I've taken screenshots of these users' conversations... every player that has ever tried to cheat. I've invested money in this game. It's seriously disappointing to see a player write "team?" to another then be left defending myself against 2 or 3 others. This isn't meant to be 2v1 or 3v1. And then I'm forced to watch them finish or just quit. I have, at the least, 50 user names (complete with screenshots) in the palm of my hand. I'd like my Rep reset back to 10 so I can, with reason, report these cheating players. If not, I will post all these usernames because this is ridiculous how often it happens.

This is just known as trolling in this game. I know that I do it from time to time it's still not fair to most people.

[Image: Goonday.gif]
06-10-2016, 04:40 AM
last time I played party game 1 opponent asked from other if he wants to teamup and when I played party games regularly with my 2nd account there were alot teamup requests to me and by opponents against me.
04-12-2018, 06:07 AM
Lol if players wanna team up then play 2v2 3v3 and 2v2v2 those are team games teaming on one player is not that great of a strategy some players think it is when all they are doing is leaving the other player with more hp