Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1.75 Average
Remove plasma cannon
04-30-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: Remove plasma cannon
If the developers do weaken this weapon, i am sure they will do something to help the non-pros, example- They give another weapon to them, then you will say that is overpowered too.....

[Image: oadulp8d98b.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
04-30-2016, 07:07 PM
(04-30-2016 06:14 AM)thegreatemperor Wrote:  If the developers do weaken this weapon, i am sure they will do something to help the non-pros, example- They give another weapon to them, then you will say that is overpowered too.....

So why would they give the non-pros a new weapon If they the only thing they are doing is tweaking it. That doesn't mean getting rid by the way. It just makes adjusting it's damage to players, how it works etc.

I Forgot If I replied but If I have and my opinion was different to now then it changed lol.

I actually loved the plasma gun the way it is already, yes It may be op in certain games but It brings a fun aspect to the game, and that's what this is all about, right? Having fun.

I know some people take more serious and others blah blah blah, but even though It seems to be easy weapon to use, it isn't.

Because If you hit an directly without none of the opposite teams around the egg, it only does I think 5 damage, so you have to re-aim etc, to get the most damage you can possibly get.

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
04-30-2016, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 07:28 PM by Belegthorn of Gondor.)
(04-28-2016 05:57 AM)thegreatemperor Wrote:  No, this weapon's use is quiet unknown to noobs... they will try to shoot at your egg, not surrounding it, doing 5 damage... So if the user is a noob then the weapon is quite useless.

I told that already... And I totally agree with you. Smiley_Smile

[Image: oadulp8d98b.png]
04-30-2016, 08:29 PM
(04-30-2016 07:07 PM)Hiddenkiller2301 Wrote:  But even though It seems to be easy weapon to use, it isn't.

Yeah, for n00bs like you. jk ily
05-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Plasma cannon "for noobs". The weapon is free, and is better than 90% of all weapons from packs. If u want do noobs some favor, give them weapons from packs, and give plasma cannon to a pack. Then people would say it is something useless, because it s weak. For example jumping jack, it s the worst weapon from all packs.

It cannot be true that so many people hate or suck at wind. Wind+low gravity= best options.
05-01-2016, 12:22 AM
(05-01-2016 12:07 AM)boss3r Wrote:  Plasma cannon "for noobs". The weapon is free, and is better than 90% of all weapons from packs. If u want do noobs some favor, give them weapons from packs, and give plasma cannon to a pack. Then people would say it is something useless, because it s weak. For example jumping jack, it s the worst weapon from all packs.

It cannot be true that so many people hate or suck at wind. Wind+low gravity= best options.

"Jumping Jack" Isn't the worst they are ones like Concrete launcher (Even though its a tactical weapon)

The only damage it does do is when a egg shoots to try and get out (Only would happen if you had him/her against the wall)

But I'm guessing some people would say this is the worst due to no damage (Really)

-Epic

[Image: hT3s45Z.jpg?1]
05-01-2016, 02:45 AM
(05-01-2016 12:07 AM)boss3r Wrote:  It cannot be true that so many people hate or suck at wind. Wind+low gravity= best options.

Back then when I used to be active I played like 20-40 1v1 games every day, all with wind turned on. 50% of my opponents rage quit, 20% of them cussed me out because they weren't able to hit me, 20% begged me to turn wind off and the last 10% didn't say anything whole match and left immediately after it ended.

Now if you search for pro lobbies you will see that wind is a very rare setting to find. People just want to play the easy way.
05-01-2016, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 06:20 AM by Echo (L93).)
The following is for Rob on my preference about making this better, the latter of this post is my feelings on the topic.

(04-28-2016 07:03 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  We intend to nerf the plasma cannon slightly in a future update, so enjoy its power while it lasts!

I have a better idea that'll make everyone feel like the plasma cannon is worth getting. Hear me out on this.

To please them as well as the people who actually know how to use the weapon, it would be best if the plasma cannon wasn't nerfed in the intention of damage, but instead make it ineffective to x2 explosions. Basically what it does in normal games, it will do in x2 games as technically it isn't an explosion as all the other weapons are, it's a plasma blast.

In the case of this happening very rarely would it go over 70 damage, and when it would, the shot would've been very, very well calculated, and those people should be awarded promptly for that.

The most important thing to me is that this weapon is the sole weapon that makes non-pro vs pro matches fun and exciting with a touch of challenge even for veteran players. I want close games, not wins by over 160hp just about every single time a non-pro joined like I had prior to this weapons debut.

For boss3r
I'll be bluntly honest with you. People like you ruin the strategy and fun of this game, we might as well make all of the guns do equal damage to soothe ever lasting needs of newer players such as yourself wanting everything uniform.

During the entire post, I want you to think about what overpowered really means. Overpowered means this:

The strength of a specific weapon is so utterly high that there is absolutely no way to combat/defend it without being severely damaged in the process.

Quoting this now for a third time

I'll highlight the major importances.

(03-21-2016 03:57 AM)Echo (L93) Wrote:  Seriously, this isn't anything too special. Play on normal explosions instead of easy explosions and it solves the problem and can't do more than 70. It's really annoying to see 7 of the same topic, it's complete spam and utter nonsense at this point.

(03-17-2016 02:29 PM)Echo (L93) Wrote:  Not at all. That's very situational, you can only do that in a rare occasion, Walls need to be on and they have to be near the wall. It's the equivilant of saying the following:

Gas grenade is considered "overpowered" in wind. It can theoretically do 150 damage to a single egg. But on average it can do up to 90 on good placement to single egg. - Situational due to wind flow

Ghost bow is considered "overpowered" with wind and walls. It can do 56-72 damage if used right. - Situational due to wind flow

Falling Elephants are considered "overpowered" with x2 and walls as they do 50 or more dmg no matter what spread.

Devils Hand is considered "overpowered" as it's an easy 48 damage with a press of the space bar in any mode, versus the splurge grenade requires timed coordination dealing 55, or the napalm nade doing -25 + 3 turns fire, or cluster doing -35.

Plasma Bouncer is considered "overpowered" due to it's easy 36 damage without really needing to aim at the opponent in any mode.

Rc Swarm and Ice Dragon are considered "overpowered" with a driveable high damage (32 and 48). As compared to most of the stock weapons (standard aiming weapon: grenade does 20) these are clearly highly advantageous.

If you really think about it this weapon isn't "overpowered".

The only weapon that was really overpowered was the lightning gun in beta testing. Did 60 on any map, any settings, all you needed to do was walk to your opponent. In this case you need to aim the weapon and it's very situational.

And finally, if you aren't satisfied with it, you can always change settings to prevent the higher damage. As in normal explosions you can never close to the damage you described.

Also, it's supposed to be a secret weapon, for completing a challenge you should be able to get a weapon that does the same damage or slightly higher than a DFA and whirlgig. It's considered an award, just like finding the secret shell gives you 20 credits.

It isn't overpowered and whoever feels it is, is clearly overreacting as they haven't remotely considered it with the weapons above.

(03-17-2016 08:03 PM)Alejandrez Wrote:  the grass cutter and the arctic barrage (not in damage, but it seriously disbalance the game).

Also for what I have tryed is not easy to aim correctly to deal that amount of damage.

Tied Alex's post to this as well for more evidence.

Just enjoy the weapon and stop making a big deal over it.

How hard is it to not play on big explosions?

(04-28-2016 12:56 AM)boss3r Wrote:  No way that this weapon is balanced or was good idea to put it in the game in the first place.

Wrong, this weapon is a secret weapon, as stated above, people have to find it to have it's benefits. Finding a secret weapon should allow those people to receive a well balanced weapon.

This weapon lets users without packs be on fair ground with those who have bought material ONLY IF they know how to use it.

Max power shooting it at anyone only does 5 damage, you know.

(04-28-2016 12:56 AM)boss3r Wrote:  It just does too much dmg, no games are fair if someone gets it.

Then I guess you haven't learned the game enough to learn how to strategize around it. It's not too hard actually, just play on a map that encourages aiming and not pumpkin / random maps.

It is totally fair, this game is a pay to win game no question. Non-pro users should get some type of gun to make the game more balanced instead of pay to win plowing the way. All the weapons stated above except the gas grenade are pro weapons, and just to add a few more, splurge nade does -55, paper airplane does -50, meteors do up to -70.

(04-28-2016 12:56 AM)boss3r Wrote:  And everyone can get it, absolutely for free, any noob can kill you if you don t go first.

Isn't that the point? Get a good weapon for free for once, lets you win against "pro" users and is more or less a difficult weapon to use (compared to max power shoot weps of dfa, elephants, meteor, etc). Experienced non-pro users finally get a benefit after 5 years! How about that?

But of course people such as yourself are trying to keep those potential benefits in a vice grip by complaining about it.

I guess you never played BEO1 where whirlgigs did 60, dragons did 50 and 60 easily without needing to aim, there were ~6 triple weapons that did 45 and one that did 48. Bring the Rain did 55, flak cannon did 50, I could go on and on. These were easy KO weapons.

Now whenever one comes out that is similar to that everyone has to cry and whine about it? Stop ruining the fun of the game, everything shouldn't be so uniform in the non pro and pro universes then be so unfair when putting them against each other.

(04-29-2016 12:06 AM)boss3r Wrote:  With forces, i saw it do over 100 dmg to one target without big explosions.

Okay? Again, secret weapon, it's a benefit, a privilege, and not a divine right to have. Benefits of the weapon at times can give you some nice damage, and at other times, you won't be able to use it. Overpowered, again, means you can use it WHENEVER and ALWAYS get superior damage, and in BEO2 case, superior is over 70.

(04-29-2016 12:06 AM)boss3r Wrote:  I don t have pro options unfortunately, i d play with wind and low gravity forever Smiley_BigGrin.

4-0 all time, thank you come again.

(04-29-2016 12:06 AM)boss3r Wrote:  Also, if u stay in corner and there are bouncy walls, it s just too stupid that i doesn t explode outside the map but it somehow bounces to the gameplay area and u get hit by all the explosions, which is the main problem

... Stay away from walls? It's a common strategy to avoid the following attacks including the plasma cannon:

stack DFA, stack meteor, stack elephants, stack arctic barrage, stack bring the rain, cherry pick whirlgigs/mortars, devils hand massacres, wall sidewinders, stack homing cluster bomb and easier gas grenades.

So what your saying is we might as well get rid of all of those weapons or just get rid of walls because your tired of losing and your in denial that you don't have a solid strategic base.

That's fine, but if you can't handle it and are not up to that caliber, don't join those games.

I won't even comment on your third post as the general idea of it is just horrific. All weapons have their strengths and weaknesses.

Here's something I want you to do -

I'd highly suggest that you watch videos that this user posts, as they are very skilled with this weapon as it stands right now. Those shots would be useless if the weapon was changed.

View those videos here

Honestly it's a shame that so many people are bringing this up, because this game is supposed to be challenging, not easy.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin
05-01-2016, 06:16 AM
I agree but damm that's long to write. I bet you write like this

[Image: Typing.gif]

05-01-2016, 06:18 AM
(05-01-2016 06:16 AM)(BBG) TheBigBlackGuy Wrote:  I agree but damm that's long to write. I bet you write like this

[Image: Typing.gif]

Haha, Best Reply Ever! Couldn't have put it better.

[Image: hT3s45Z.jpg?1]