Poll: Is this a good idea?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
"Strategy Mode"
04-18-2016, 02:35 PM
"Strategy Mode"
This is an idea that I brainstormed where there are 2 players, but 6 eggs. There are 2 teams and each player controls all 3 eggs on their team. Every map for this gamemode would be perfectly symmetrical. Every egg would have the same exact loadout.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
04-18-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: "Strategy Mode"
Umm can you make your writing medium size and also idk if that's a good idea

04-18-2016, 05:41 PM
It's way unbalanced. If you have the exact same loadout, then you could end up with 9 DFAs and other strong weapons. Essentially, you could create a no-win situation for the other team in as little as 2 turns by simply preventing forward movement and grouping them together.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
04-19-2016, 05:05 PM
(04-18-2016 05:41 PM)tenchi Wrote:  It's way unbalanced. If you have the exact same loadout, then you could end up with 9 DFAs and other strong weapons. Essentially, you could create a no-win situation for the other team in as little as 2 turns by simply preventing forward movement and grouping them together.

I would imagine that both teams would have the same exact loadouts, so as to prevent this.
04-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Then you need to ask the question of why we have all the different weapons in the game. If the Donkins wanted everyone to have the same weapons, then they wouldn't have included everything that they have.

It also wouldn't solve the problem of severe unbalancing to allow everyone to have the same weapons. (Again, just a couple shots and it could be nearly impossible to return fire from a certain position.) Ultimately, what you want is just a glorified 1v1 in order to gain more experience at a faster rate.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
04-20-2016, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2016 12:57 AM by call.me.epic.)
(04-19-2016 08:18 PM)tenchi Wrote:  Then you need to ask the question of why we have all the different weapons in the game. If the Donkins wanted everyone to have the same weapons, then they wouldn't have included everything that they have.

It also wouldn't solve the problem of severe unbalancing to allow everyone to have the same weapons. (Again, just a couple shots and it could be nearly impossible to return fire from a certain position.) Ultimately, what you want is just a glorified 1v1 in order to gain more experience at a faster rate.

He said lt all for me - lt wouldn't work out and the ldea ls just *Eh*
Nice attempt though

[Image: 7fUsmaB.png]
04-20-2016, 03:10 AM
all same weapons so each has 2+ dfas so starting player gets advantage (45-90 depending how close opponents eggs would be) and with friedges etc starting player would get even bigger advantage.
04-20-2016, 06:11 PM
This would be better if its 2vs2, 2 players, each player controls two eggs, two sides, and random weaponry.

But doing this is meaningless, we have 1vs1 to test individual skill, and many other game modes for testing teamwork, strategy etc.

[Image: oadulp8d98b.png]
04-20-2016, 08:18 PM
2MuchXP.....

The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist. ~ Charles Baudelaire
[Image: qYRw514.png?1]
[Image: km0JulV.png]
http://i.imgur.com/GXnauid.png
http://i.imgur.com/U1TQfmO.png
http://i.imgur.com/ytegY8J.png