Poll: Hows the new team and thread?
Great keep it up
Awfull please stop
Lovely thread dude!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1.67 Average
Black Market idea 2.0
05-25-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Black Market idea 2.0
(05-23-2016 04:14 PM)tenchi Wrote:  Exactly like the shop is now. So the crate idea, the market, the luck in getting everything, that's exactly like the current shop and the current daily spin.
Yes but you get costumes, custom player trials and gun trials. Also I think the word TRIALS is confusing you cause what I mean is the thing what follow you/weapon. Have a look at the art you will see what I mean

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
05-25-2016, 01:21 AM
Trials = challenges
Trails = what follows weapons

So no, I wasn't confused by anything. What you're suggesting is simply an addition to the existing shop and modifying it to make you happy.

The spin can't include other things beyond weapons because those would need to be on a timer (e.g. you only get something for 24 hours). If you're going to put shells and "accessories" on a timer system as rewards for the daily spin, then you must also completely reconfigure the weapons to do the same thing. That means that everyone who's spent credits on stash weapons would automatically lose them (I, for instance have about 3 rows of stash and 4-5 of some of each individual weapon). That means that nobody will be pleased.

Having the spin cost an increasing amount of credits would also create many unhappy people. Why would they waste the credits (and money) on something that would only last a day or 2 at most? Yes the Donkins make more money, but that makes them out to be money-grabbers and not developers.

Putting the items in the shop would ultimately be the easiest, but then they have to work out all the different prices and any/all effects (not status effects, visual effects). That takes time and testing, months of it (if you don't believe me, then try to write some simple code and test that).

Your crates are also something that wouldn't get added for the same reason as the different items being added to the spin. They would cost credits/money, they wouldn't be permanent unless the crate itself was expensive, people wouldn't want to spend their money/credits that way.

This brings me to the "luck" and the rarity system. They've already got the rarity (red, blue, yellow and green stash weapons), so there's no reason to completely re-design it. The "luck" part is already programmed into their RNG for both the daily spin and weapon load-out.

Ultimately, while this thread has good individual ideas, they don't work together to make one cohesive, great idea. They are better left as individual ideas and should be considered on their own merit, not the merit of the ideas combined into the whole of this.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
05-25-2016, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2016 01:31 AM by SahriBBG.)
(05-25-2016 01:21 AM)tenchi Wrote:  Trials = challenges
Trails = what follows weapons

So no, I wasn't confused by anything. What you're suggesting is simply an addition to the existing shop and modifying it to make you happy.

The spin can't include other things beyond weapons because those would need to be on a timer (e.g. you only get something for 24 hours). If you're going to put shells and "accessories" on a timer system as rewards for the daily spin, then you must also completely reconfigure the weapons to do the same thing. That means that everyone who's spent credits on stash weapons would automatically lose them (I, for instance have about 3 rows of stash and 4-5 of some of each individual weapon). That means that nobody will be pleased.

Having the spin cost an increasing amount of credits would also create many unhappy people. Why would they waste the credits (and money) on something that would only last a day or 2 at most? Yes the Donkins make more money, but that makes them out to be money-grabbers and not developers.

Putting the items in the shop would ultimately be the easiest, but then they have to work out all the different prices and any/all effects (not status effects, visual effects). That takes time and testing, months of it (if you don't believe me, then try to write some simple code and test that).

Your crates are also something that wouldn't get added for the same reason as the different items being added to the spin. They would cost credits/money, they wouldn't be permanent unless the crate itself was expensive, people wouldn't want to spend their money/credits that way.

This brings me to the "luck" and the rarity system. They've already got the rarity (red, blue, yellow and green stash weapons), so there's no reason to completely re-design it. The "luck" part is already programmed into their RNG for both the daily spin and weapon load-out.

Ultimately, while this thread has good individual ideas, they don't work together to make one cohesive, great idea. They are better left as individual ideas and should be considered on their own merit, not the merit of the ideas combined into the whole of this.
Ok I see were I screwed up I mean the trails thing but I wrote trials on accident, let me change the thread Smiley_BigGrin
Ok I see now so if everything was to be purchased (all the things in the idea) would that be a better idea?