Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Lost HOURS worth of XP Seriously?
03-29-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Lost HOURS worth of XP Seriously?
Ok, I can see that you're angry and I understand your frustration if you have lost stats but I think your attack on us is a little unfair. I still look at all bug reports and work on fixes for things although at this stage attempted fixes often cause more problems. Also, it is my understanding that the vast majority of the 'bugs' remaining in the game occur very rarely (i.e. extremely difficult to replicate and fix) and are also quite minor. Every single bug that has been reported has either been fixed or I have attempted to fix but not had enough information to go on to either be successful in my attempts or to know for sure one way or the other whether or not I have been successful.

The stats problems reported when the game first came out were fixed. I have not seen a similar report of the situation you are describing which means that it is likely a very rare event. I'm not sure how we're supposed to fix a problem that we're not even aware of! With very little information to go on at this point it will be very difficult to track down the problem (and it might not even be a problem in our code since we of course use an external service to handle the networking and account management side of the game).

Since you have screenshots of your stats I can add on the lost kills/xp etc manually in this case.

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
03-30-2016, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 03:04 AM by Echo (L93).)
RE: Lost HOURS worth of XP Seriously?
I appreciate the reply to the thread, I'm just gonna say this one is pure honesty from my realizations and not attackish, so no need worry about "oh great he posted again" Smiley_Tongue

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  Ok, I can see that you're angry and I understand your frustration if you have lost stats but I think your attack on us is a little unfair.

Yes, it is very frustrating. I can deal with most other things, I time out more than I should, get weapon errors that lead to disconnections etc, but when it comes to that it was just one game, and I don't mind that. In this case it was like stated a few hours, and coming to that realization made me as well as anyone else quite unpleased.

When I feel time is wasted it's disappointing. Time is an asset, there isn't much of it in my case.

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  I still look at all bug reports and work on fixes for things although at this stage attempted fixes often cause more problems.

When writing the thread initially I felt like nothing would happen either way, due to the fact that it's hard to tell if you look at them. I might miss it when I check the forum but it makes it even harder when there isn't a reply to said thread.

For example the invite bug, I've seen countless threads about that, existed since 2014, and skimming the topics I haven't seen a reply. Although you may of read them, the lack of reply makes the users feel neglected. Likewise to the suggestions forums. Hence why the thread was prompted to be written as it is. As you said it's clearly out of frustration, but at the same time it's for a multitude of reasons.

Also I completely understand about the last part, more updated content will heighten the result in having more bugs. Each time does get harder to prevent those, and it does take time.

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  Also, it is my understanding that the vast majority of the 'bugs' remaining in the game occur very rarely (i.e. extremely difficult to replicate and fix) and are also quite minor.

Since I play practically daily or every other day, I can attest to which happen rarely or commonly for that fact. Having it open for hours at a time, as the hours go by, the more chances you have to see bugs, whether common or uncommon. Most are rare and hard to fix as you stated,

However as said above, the lack of reply doesn't promote users to post threads about these rare bugs. I'm proof of that. I never post threads because I feel like it'll be wasting my time since it's hard to tell if you read it or not. It's one thing to say you did, but a completely other thing if there's actual evidence to support the claim that you read it.

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  Every single bug that has been reported has either been fixed or I have attempted to fix but not had enough information to go on to either be successful in my attempts or to know for sure one way or the other whether or not I have been successful.

That's understandable. In this case when replying for example would ask "is there any additional information you might have". When it comes to people who post here, half of the time they don't post everything that happened, they only post for example:

[This is the grenade launcher bug, and it's a real one]

"I shot grenade launcher and it dont do any damage"

It would be quite difficult to fix a bug with that type of information.
Perhaps with the reply, the user would be inclined to tell the rest of it. Example:

"The grenade launcher when shot in wind that goes away from the user oftentimes when exploding at the enemy does no damage and or skips the turn. The hole is created only for the person who shot it. No one else sees it (as when asked teammates about the shot) and on the next turn, the server disconnects without choice and the user is booted."

Of course it won't be written like that most of the time, or maybe not even written at all, but it's better than what you first had. See what I mean?

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  The stats problems reported when the game first came out were fixed.

Yes I noticed that, it was quite a wild ride during that time for me. I did overreact per say to put that on the second post because I didn't get a reply from it. Basically put it on there out of frustration.

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  I have not seen a similar report of the situation you are describing which means that it is likely a very rare event.

It's happened more than once, as said I don't tend to post a bug that happens once for me. I'm sure it's a rare event due to the nature of it. All I can conclude of it is that it's a "xp not translating".

As an extra note, I couldn't notice until I looked at the Leaderboard either. In game the XP continued to rise every time I hit like it always does.

Seen in the video the first time before I clicked it I was 9k below of what I had (that was the last time I checked it and saw it was not translating). So continued to play up to the xp I had then, still didn't translate. It's exact same thing that happened a few months ago (although don't have a clear log of that at present).

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  I'm not sure how we're supposed to fix a problem that we're not even aware of!

Perfect sense when it comes to that. I will say that much of this reason goes back to the whole increasingly famous philosophy of not posting the thread at all. I'll take the paragraph from earlier and put it here.

"However as said above, the lack of reply doesn't promote users to post threads about these rare bugs. I'm proof of that. I never post threads because I feel like it'll be wasting my time since it's hard to tell if you read it or not. It's one thing to say you did, but a completely other thing if there's actual evidence to support the claim that you read it."

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  With very little information to go on at this point it will be very difficult to track down the problem (and it might not even be a problem in our code since we of course use an external service to handle the networking and account management side of the game).

Yeah, never really agreed with having the external service. I kinda liked .io better but benjamensen disappeared. Heard he's in a ton of debt now lol

(03-29-2016 09:04 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  Since you have screenshots of your stats I can add on the lost kills/xp etc manually in this case.

I appreciate it, and I apologize if I was being rash. It's a tendency of mine. When it came to writing this thread I was more frustrated than anything.

Thanks again! Smiley_Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post