Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
BEO2 Shell Cursors
12-05-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: BEO2 Shell Cursors
haha you come out with something new everyday! Smiley_XD good job! Smiley_ThumbsUp

[Image: BrosifStalin.fw.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
12-05-2015, 11:03 AM
(12-05-2015 10:19 AM)[NBK™]TheRealGangsta Wrote:  haha you come out with something new everyday! Smiley_XD good job! Smiley_ThumbsUp

Lol, it seems like. I just love BEO so much, I find different ways to share and spread it.

[Image: udpoal868c4.gif]
[Image: lsvmlm8.png]
[Image: Zhp0OLw.jpg]
It's not that I fear in my own self-confidence, it's that the others fear in it.
[Image: ulapdo6b724.gif]
12-05-2015, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 11:27 AM by Echo (L93).)
Eh, It's not too often I actually see something or someone work this hard to attempt placing any game into a larger market, on several different platforms of retail opportunities, specifically this one with how run down it is. At this point comparing the suggestions/creations to what the owners actually implement/endorse is practically pointless. Hell a mouse cursor like in this thread, if they made it they could of at least slight profit, ditto to the card game, clothes apparel that troll made awhile back and even various ideas of all sorts of competitions back in BEO1. As always often ignored or never really put into practice. It's one of the few reasons I've given up in actually contributing to the community, (that along with user behavior) and with that most of my posts have been removed, and the many original ideas and suggestions would go along with the rest, deaf to the ears.

With that being said, I take the time here right this moment to personally applaud you with your dedication. I'm sure it took you a very long while to get the ideas into action and even develop them, and the passion driven to get the idea known is something that hasn't been seen from anyone in a very, very long time.

As a final note, I could say I would like for the Administrators to see this thread and try to publicly endorse it, but I'm wasting my breath when saying such words together in a sentence.

Looking forward to the future with this productivity. Reading this (an actual thread) still gives potential.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin
12-05-2015, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 12:26 PM by Nathan.)
(12-05-2015 11:26 AM)Echo (L93) Wrote:  Eh, It's not too often I actually see something or someone work this hard to attempt placing any game into a larger market, on several different platforms of retail opportunities, specifically this one with how run down it is. At this point comparing the suggestions/creations to what the owners actually implement/endorse is practically pointless. Hell a mouse cursor like in this thread, if they made it they could of at least slight profit, ditto to the card game, clothes apparel that troll made awhile back and even various ideas of all sorts of competitions back in BEO1. As always often ignored or never really put into practice. It's one of the few reasons I've given up in actually contributing to the community, (that along with user behavior) and with that most of my posts have been removed, and the many original ideas and suggestions would go along with the rest, deaf to the ears.

With that being said, I take the time here right this moment to personally applaud you with your dedication. I'm sure it took you a very long while to get the ideas into action and even develop them, and the passion driven to get the idea known is something that hasn't been seen from anyone in a very, very long time.

As a final note, I could say I would like for the Administrators to see this thread and try to publicly endorse it, but I'm wasting my breath when saying such words together in a sentence.

Looking forward to the future with this productivity. Reading this (an actual thread) still gives potential.

Thanks for the compliment, glad that you like them.

As far as the retail opportunities go, I'd be completely fine if the Donkins wanted to try to market these to be profitable in any way or manner, just give credit back to me. I could just put my website in the download file or something.

When it comes to what the Admins will see and do, it really does get our hopes up too high. I've seen both Rob and John read this thread, yet no replies or anything. I understand that they all do have a lot to do, but I'd be happy to work with them on marketing these or doing something with them that they would be able to use profitably or successfully.

What comes next in this general topic is Dragon Shells along with my Dragon Shell Gifs, faded and non faded, and then maybe adding custom cursors to my art list that I could design for people if they would like.

It's not that I fear in my own self-confidence, it's that the others fear in it.
12-05-2015, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 09:20 PM by Hiddenkiller2301.)
(12-05-2015 04:50 PM)Nathan Wrote:  What comes next in this general topic is Dragon Shells along with my Dragon Shell Gifs, faded and non faded, and then maybe adding custom cursors to my art list that I could design for people if they would like.

I would love to help with making custom cursors for users, If I can help, yes everybody I am still in TCC, but I can design outside of it too. Smiley_Smile

Up to you Nathan, want me to help you?

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
12-06-2015, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 12:29 PM by Nathan.)
(12-05-2015 09:20 PM)Hiddenkiller2301 Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 04:50 PM)Nathan Wrote:  What comes next in this general topic is Dragon Shells along with my Dragon Shell Gifs, faded and non faded, and then maybe adding custom cursors to my art list that I could design for people if they would like.

I would love to help with making custom cursors for users, If I can help, yes everybody I am still in TCC, but I can design outside of it too. Smiley_Smile

Up to you Nathan, want me to help you?

Would be awesome. Can't wait to talk about it more.

(12-05-2015 06:27 AM)Hiddenkiller2301 Wrote:  Hey all, before you ask Nathan did give me permission, and I decided instead of looking through the whole list and wasting your time downloading the one's you want...I wasted my time, and put EVERY SINGLE file into one .rar file.

Very small download to 200+kb!

And a video/gif will be coming soon, for people who don't know how to change there cursors Smiley_RockOn

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e5p3cj...Custom.rar

Random edit but you ctrl - F for the people that want the max of say, 3 or 4.

12-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Hey sorry, I did take a look at these and thought they were awesome but I got distracted before leaving a comment. This really is great stuff!

As for all the seemingly great ideas that we don't implement that doesn't mean we haven't checked them out and given them some thought. I admit we aren't very good at communicating things like that with you guys but realistically if we jumped on every idea and explained why we won't be implementing it it would take up all of our time. We have to prioritise our own ideas. The simple fact is that although Bad Eggs is popular it is not a massive brand by any stretch and we know by now what will work and what won't. You have to remember that we are ideas people too and we come up with and reject new ideas all the time.

We dipped our toes into the merchandising world back in BEO1 with a few T-Shirt designs but only ever sold a handful. If you want to do merchandising you need a hugely popular product. Something we would absolutely love to do is create a series of physical Bad Eggs mini-figures but we know that it would be a vanity project and impossible to make a profit from.

We could try marketing/selling this pack of cursors but I guarantee we would not sell enough for it to be worth pursuing, nor would we actually want to try and sell it. I think it's awesome that a member of our community has gone to the trouble of making them and if people want to use them then that's really cool.

We loved the card game idea and appreciated the effort that went into that (and said so on the thread). What we didn't say (and perhaps should have, again I admit we aren't so good at communicating this sort of thing always) was that we spent at least a week of our time playing around with different card game mechanics and trying to decide whether or not we could realistically produce a high quality game out of it. In the end, although we came up with some cool ideas, we moved onto other things because we didn't think we could justify spending as much time on it as we were without making as much progress as we wanted to be doing. The ideas are on the shelf for now but that doesn't mean we won't come back to them later down the road if we get a spark of inspiration.

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
12-11-2015, 08:57 PM
(12-11-2015 08:47 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  Hey sorry, I did take a look at these and thought they were awesome but I got distracted before leaving a comment. This really is great stuff!

As for all the seemingly great ideas that we don't implement that doesn't mean we haven't checked them out and given them some thought. I admit we aren't very good at communicating things like that with you guys but realistically if we jumped on every idea and explained why we won't be implementing it it would take up all of our time. We have to prioritise our own ideas. The simple fact is that although Bad Eggs is popular it is not a massive brand by any stretch and we know by now what will work and what won't. You have to remember that we are ideas people too and we come up with and reject new ideas all the time.

We dipped our toes into the merchandising world back in BEO1 with a few T-Shirt designs but only ever sold a handful. If you want to do merchandising you need a hugely popular product. Something we would absolutely love to do is create a series of physical Bad Eggs mini-figures but we know that it would be a vanity project and impossible to make a profit from.

We could try marketing/selling this pack of cursors but I guarantee we would not sell enough for it to be worth pursuing, nor would we actually want to try and sell it. I think it's awesome that a member of our community has gone to the trouble of making them and if people want to use them then that's really cool.

We loved the card game idea and appreciated the effort that went into that (and said so on the thread). What we didn't say (and perhaps should have, again I admit we aren't so good at communicating this sort of thing always) was that we spent at least a week of our time playing around with different card game mechanics and trying to decide whether or not we could realistically produce a high quality game out of it. In the end, although we came up with some cool ideas, we moved onto other things because we didn't think we could justify spending as much time on it as we were without making as much progress as we wanted to be doing. The ideas are on the shelf for now but that doesn't mean we won't come back to them later down the road if we get a spark of inspiration.

Yeah, I understand on how you guys have been in the business long enough to know what works and what doesn't.

As for mini figurines, I was just thinking earlier it'd be awesome to be able to purchase a slappy mini figurine or a plush toy, something that can sit on the bed or on a desk, as I am currently obsessed with that shell, great work on it guys.

The mouse cursors would again be more work than profit viewing them in a realist scene, so it probably isn't worth trying to risk going into the market for, though they are always here should anyone want them.

And for the Card Game, while it was my best idea I feel like I've ever had and I loved it so, I appreciate the fact that you and John took the time to go through so much effort to make it work. I understand that you guys have your own way of building games up and all, and I really do appreciate you trying to make bad eggs work with it. The style of taking a turn by turn game and converting it into a card game is quite odd, so it was probably a challenge. Thank you for taking the time to do so though, I appreciate it. I'd always much rather see your time go to improving a great game like BEO2 then go to a new project that will end up underground anyways.