Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4 Average
10 things about my friend.
11-28-2013, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 07:07 PM by Grim-Cat.)
10 things about my friend.
Hello guys.
I want to start a little game about ourselves, maybe something like this can give us a chance to make new friends and forget all that nonsense about discussing for everything.
I think there's a feeling to each user that suggests that we are only names with an avatar. It's always nice to remember we're humans. So lets share 10 things about ourselves, of course, don't reveal important things such as your real name, location, age or occupation.
Also, you don't have to post 10 things about you, you can post as many as you want, could be 2 or 50. You can avoid posting things about you and only use this thread to talk about those things you have in common with someone else.

I'll start:

1. My nickname in real life is ''Cat''.

2. I play the bass guitar. I have been playing instruments since I was 9 years old.

3. I am a manga artist.

4. Besides my native language (german), I also know english and spanish and I am trying to learn japanese.

5. I collect bugs and certain animal skulls.

6. I love almost all of the games in the world, including all consoles and brands. My favorite is Nintendo, I am really a Pokémon nerd.

7. I moved to Osaka almost a year ago.

8. I have had my hair dyed green, red, blue, purple, white, black, violet, pink and yellow (not blonde, literally yellow, really shiny), but I currently have it brown (my natural) because of work (and I have not cutted it for maybe 3 years now).

9. My favourite band is Iron Maiden. Edit: John reminded me about movies, as him, I like many movies to count, but to mention some I'll say: Star Wars, Alien, Predator, The Lord of the Rings, and every film by Quentin Tarantino.

10. I love to write novels (mostly sci-fi), songs and poems (not rap, I'm not good at it, we have Vexis for that Smiley_BigGrin).

11. I know how to fly the most common type of planes.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-28-2013, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 06:55 PM by Goodkid.)
RE: 10 things about my friend.
1. The first video game I ever played was LEGO Racers for the PC when I was around 5, and the first actual gaming console I ever owned was the PS2.

2. I was born in California, moved all the way across the country to Virginia when I was 2, then moved back to California at age 7.

3. I aspire to be a casual snowboarder, as I live not far from Big Bear, which has places like Bear Mountain and Snow Summit.

4. I have recently grown a taste for House music, the techno kind.

5. I started graphic design a few years ago, as the result of the first ever Egg Design Competition, and I'm stoked for the BEO2 Egg Design Competitions we'll have.

6. I'm a 6'2" white guy, and I am frequently asked if I play basketball. (I run Cross Country and track)

7. I love watching YouTube videos, I spend a lot of my freetime watching content from my various subscribed channels (And there are a lot)

8. I have never left my native country, the U.S., unless you count the one time I traveled to Puerto Rico.

9. I went through a phase where I wanted to be a Halo MLG pro, and was heartbroken when MLG removed Halo from the Pro Circuit. (I'm actually really good at Halo: Reach, but not nearly good enough to go pro).

10. And finally, my name in real life is Tim. Smiley_Smile

Hope that gives you a little bit of a feel for my personality.

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
11-28-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 06:58 PM by Grim-Cat.)
Oh wow, do you still play your xbox? We could play any Halo title you'd like. Smiley_BigGrin
I'm tall too, I know that feeling bro, many people tells me I should play basketball.
11-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I still have my xbox, but I only play occasionally. And yeah, My height is the first thing people mention when I meet them, then comes the basketball inquiry. Smiley_XD

I really hope more people post here, this is a great topic!

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
11-28-2013, 08:09 PM
1. I make games as my job and I love it (yeah I guess you already knew this one)!

2. I live in the UK.

3. John and I have a third younger brother who occasionally does some sound/voice work for us.

4. I've always loved playing and inventing games of any kind. As a kid I would always be coming up with different games. We once made a lego boardgame which I wish we had some sort of record of because I remember it being awesome!

5. My first ever computer gaming experience I think was probably a game called Bomb which is very similar to Bad Eggs! Here's a video of it although the version that we played wasn't even in colour, just black and white: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4BMV2n2Q0 It was awesome though and clearly planted a desire to one day make a game like it of my own!

6. One of my favourite genres is puzzle games like Myst and the Discworld series. If you've ever played any of my old Panda adventures or Synapsis 2 you may be able to see how I was influenced by those games.

7. I grew up playing N64 classics like Goldeneye and F-Zero X.

8. Nowadays I play mostly on Xbox 360 and usually CoD although I have recently just finished Diablo III.

9. I love skiing. When I left school I went travelling with a friend and we did a ski season together which was one of the best experiences of my life.

10. I'm getting married next summer!

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
11-28-2013, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 08:45 PM by Grim-Cat.)
Woah! Thank you for posting Rob! It is obvious that you have been a creative person since you were young, otherwise you wouldn't have achieved to make such a great game as BEO.
I want to say that I grew up playing classics of Nintendo too, I actually LOVE Goldeneye, and the F-Zero series are among my favourite ones, I had it since the F-Zero for SNES came out, then F-Zero X (masterpiece) for the N64 and finally F-Zero GX (the arcade version F-Zero AX too) for the NGC. It feels awesome to know you like it too.
And well, is it too early to congratulate you for the number 10? Smiley_BigGrin

PD. Will I ever be able to add you on Xbox 360? I'm adding Sonicthekid too.
11-28-2013, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 08:51 PM by JohnDonkin.)
Good idea. Since I have similar interests and histories as my brother when it comes to gaming I'll try to think of different things.

1. Favourite Films (Too many to count but here are a few): The Matrix, The Rock, Con Air, Fight Club, The Big Lebowski
2. Favourite Games: Final Fantasy VII (unquestionably the best game ever made ever), Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. I love American TV Dramas. Of these I am currently obsessed with Game of Thrones but notable other favourites include Lost, Battlestar Galactica, The Wire, 24, The West Wing, Alias, Fringe, Carnivale, Prison Break (among others)
4. I used to work in the film industry where I managed to achieve one of my early aims in life which was to get my name in the credits for a film.
5. I have thrown myself out of an aeroplane, jumped off a bridge and fallen over a cliff.
6. I have never had any formal design or graphics training. I just make it up.
7. I love my bed and I hate mornings.
8. My pet hates: People who walk slowly and people who talk in the cinema - there is a special place in hell for these people.
9. I would like to go into space.
10. My bike got stolen yesterday and I'm bitter and angry about it.

[Image: 6f0d5i.png][Image: 2cculqp.jpg]
11-28-2013, 09:14 PM
No doubt we the artists have a wild soul huh! Smiley_BigGrin You're awesome, I wish I could do anything from your number 5. Sorry for your bike. Smiley_Sad
11-28-2013, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 09:39 PM by Mageg.)
Well I kind of feel obligated to do this now!

1. I make small films as part of my course but also some outside paid work; it's really fun and you learn a lot about professional communication from it ^^
2. I'm going off to uni next September so I'm actually kind of nervous for once, it'll be an
awesome experience though Smiley_BigGrin
3. I am a huge competitive PC gamer, League of Legends is what I love destroying people on!
But aside from that, CoD, WoW, TF2 and Smite Smiley_Smile
4. I play badminton at local competitions, always loved it and done it every week!
5. I have a boyfriend and have been learning Swedish for nearly a year, jag är Mageg!
6. The amount of time I spend watching anime, movies and TV shows is scary.
7. I'm one of the 100 people on earth who will admit to owning a snuggie, they're so soft!
8. When I'm not gaming or wasting my time with something else, I do some graphic design - nothing that serious really but I like toying around with new things and always try to learn what I can.
9. I will wear a zip-up coloured hoodie 99% of the time.
10. Yesterday there was a woman roaming around the streets on her own and someone knocked on the door asking if we knew her, after saying no we asked where she was from and she said she didn't know - After taking her inside and asking her for where she lived we managed to contact her granddaughter who lived nearby, seems she had left the house and didn't know how to get back. Anyway after she picked her up we got a knock about an hour later with a card and a box of thorntons premium chocolates to say thanks, we ate them while watching I'm a celebrity Smiley_BigGrin

Well there's my facts, I like the idea with sharing a little on the forum Smiley_Smile brings us all a bit closer!
11-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey Mageg! Thank you for posting. It was pretty obvious that you like anime because you said you like Vocaloid, these two come together almost always! Smiley_BigGrin
Do you like manga too? I think I am going to send you the first chapter of my manga when I finish it.