Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Lots of disconnects
03-20-2015, 11:39 AM
RE: Lots of disconnects
(03-20-2015 05:10 AM)egg666 Wrote:  I had irc open and it requires active connection.

I see chickens quite a much daily (some are quitters and some got dc'd).

I've had 60-second-long downtimes and that doesn't disconnect me from IRC. Ping timeouts are very often much longer than that.
On the other hand, most games will disconnect you for ping timeout with much less than that.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
03-20-2015, 01:59 PM
I hate this i still cant complete one game the timer just stops and it doesn't tell me you been disconnected. Im just there stuck in the game because the person in the game doesn't shoot and the timer just gets stuck.

Xp[Image: y058U7K.png]
kills lost my spot
wins[Image: Qecxi5Y.png]
03-21-2015, 05:12 AM
if I get even 1 sec disconnect from net I get dc'd from irc.
03-21-2015, 08:11 AM
(03-21-2015 05:12 AM)egg666 Wrote:  if I get even 1 sec disconnect from net I get dc'd from irc.

That's because your computer is detecting the disconnection, and thus clearing the open TCP sessions. When the internet comes back, and data arrives back, your computer notices that the sessions are gone, and thus sends a reset packet — your IRC client never finds out, because the OS intercepts the data and treats it like a connection abort; and the other end simply gets the reset packets (this is called a connection reset by peer).

On the other hand, if the temporary disconnection occurs somewhere down the line of hops, your computer never finds out, so none of this happens, and connections are resumed when the problem is solved — this is what happens with excess traffic. IRC recovers gracefully (unless you get a ping timeout), but games don't.

03-22-2015, 04:02 AM
The PC holds data. If the data is released or deleted it might disconnected.
03-22-2015, 04:56 AM
if I get 1+ secs disconnect (1 way or other) from net I get pinged out from irc.

also didn't get any msg just suddenly thrown out of match into match selection screen.
03-22-2015, 02:53 PM
(03-22-2015 04:56 AM)egg666 Wrote:  if I get 1+ secs disconnect (1 way or other) from net I get pinged out from irc.

also didn't get any msg just suddenly thrown out of match into match selection screen.

That wouldn't happen if the disconnection was not on a connection that reaches your network.

Let's say that your connection to the server takes three hops. You're node 0, the server is node 3, and there's nodes 1 and 2 in the middle. Map is 0 <-> 1 <-> 2 <-> 3.
If the connection between nodes 1 and 2 is interrupted briefly, neither the server nor you find out; and therefore you don't disconnect. (Trust me, you don't. This is very easy to test with some networking equipment around. You really don't disconnect. You've never seen this because you literally don't find out when it happens.)
On the other hand, a game is generally much more sensitive to this kind of error.

03-30-2015, 03:46 AM
today is apparently another bad day for beo, 1st it took awhile for game to load and then I got 3 disconnects in row after match had lasted 2-3 rounds, either timer stopped ~quarter before it was fully red or stopped after I shot (no red at all).
03-30-2015, 06:01 AM
It happened to me too, timer stopped forever so I had to quit.

[Image: Screenshot_8.png]
[Image: Screenshot_10.png]
[Image: Screenshot_12.png]

I was having some lag in other battles, but nothing to raise an alarm about, until this happened.

United we stand, divided we fall. Our destiny's here tonight with us all. Through wind and thunder we sail to your shore; we did not give up, so open the door.
Timo Tolkki
03-31-2015, 03:36 AM
timer stopping was somewhat common in beo1.

also other hosts like kongregate were affected aka game loading was slooooooooooow and disconnects happened.