NO 50.00% 5 50.00%
Total 10 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
a 10th pack
01-02-2015, 02:04 AM
RE: a 10th pack
Yes, I daresay that there will be. However, I wouldn't want the pack to be that powerful, as it would give certain players a very unfair advantage over others. The only way I could see something like that working is if the weapons were very difficult to use, proportionate to the strength of said weapons.

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
01-02-2015, 04:18 AM
no1 not even donkins know how many weapons there'll be in beo2.

and each weapon doing 52 dmg is ridiculous, only few free weaps can get near same (and not achievable on every map) and with skill shot enabled that 52 would change to 60+.
01-02-2015, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 06:02 AM by Inuyasha.)
(01-02-2015 04:18 AM)egg666 Wrote:  no1 not even donkins know how many weapons there'll be in beo2.

and each weapon doing 52 dmg is ridiculous, only few free weaps can get near same (and not achievable on every map) and with skill shot enabled that 52 would change to 60+.

Actually, the most damage you can achieve without having paid to play is 50, and that's with an extremely lucky Whirlygig or Bring The Rain shot. (I've seen people get 40s often with those weapons, but I'll admit I've never seen someone get consistent 50s. (My best with either weapon is 16, but well, I suck.))

If we pick something easier to aim, that doesn't require tons of luck and skill, and is probably a better comparand for something like what the OP proposes, then we'd go with the Death From Above -- 45 max, and only if the opponent has a clear upwards line of sight.

There's really no way to beat such weapons if you don't have packs, so it would be extremely unbalancing. Keep in mind that non-pro players play with default settings (including 100 HP), so having a weapon that consistently deals this amount of damage would change the amount of turns until death from three to two, since 100/45 = 2.22 (rounds up* to 3) and 100/52 = 1.92 (rounds up to 2) -- a really large change.

*I'm rounding always upwards because that's a minimum. If you need 2.22 turns to kill someone, that means that 2 isn't enough -- so you actually need 3 (because 2.22 turns don't exist).

01-02-2015, 06:16 AM
(01-02-2015 06:01 AM)Inuyasha Wrote:  Actually, the most damage you can achieve without having paid to play is 50, and that's with an extremely lucky Whirlygig or Bring The Rain shot. (I've seen people get 40s often with those weapons, but I'll admit I've never seen someone get consistent 50s. (My best with either weapon is 16, but well, I suck.)
Inuyasha lol i can't believe you can only do 16 i did a ton of times 50 and it need skill not luck as you said.

Getting back to topic: I think 52 on pack is really op(over power) if you have 5 weapons 52 damage you can beat any one in 2 turns if the HP were 100 and there is people who don't like to pay money on a game so that's not good for them
01-02-2015, 06:57 AM
Test yourself, do 30 whirlygig shots against an opponent in random positions (that is, change positions by a lot every shot, and don't pick only beneficial ones -- try to pick truly random spots (as long as you can somehow land a shot there)). If you can get the full 50 damage 28 times or more, I'll take your word that there's little luck involved.

01-02-2015, 07:49 AM
wouldn't you just wait for ninth pack to come out instead of asking for tenth now? Im getting tired of people asking for 80 packs. wait for the ninth pack AT LEAST.

[Image: aSL4oH2.png]
01-02-2015, 09:19 AM
(01-02-2015 06:57 AM)Inuyasha Wrote:  Test yourself, do 30 whirlygig shots against an opponent in random positions (that is, change positions by a lot every shot, and don't pick only beneficial ones -- try to pick truly random spots (as long as you can somehow land a shot there)). If you can get the full 50 damage 28 times or more, I'll take your word that there's little luck involved.

not trying to gloat or anything, but i have done this, (often with wind and random gravity) i daresay i'm pretty efficient at it. Though getting 50's consistently is a bit too much (like placing the enemy in random locations at different heights all over the map)

01-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Of course there's a very large skill component involved, but if you can't get over 90% full hits, then you can't say it's "just skill" -- luck is there too.

01-03-2015, 04:57 AM
to get max dmg with whirly in normal match requires somewhat flat map or both players on top (pumpkin, platform, green) and some luck (weapon and starting wise and aiming and shot wise) and skill (shot and aiming wise) and even then its not easy.
01-03-2015, 05:31 AM
i'm going to politely disagree with you both. First of all i don't believe in luck. I have a saying, 'i create my own luck'
Secondly, if you have ever played against cheatyface you'd know that it's all skill.
@inuyasha
I'm actually a bit surprised you'd even use the term luck, since i was present during a conversation where you were crunching the numbers of the mathematical geometry required for aiming