Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
The history game.
12-30-2014, 10:19 AM
The history game.
Welcome to the history game. Where you ask a question about history. If someone knows it and gets it correct, they will ask a question.

I will start.

When was America's first birthday?

Note: The questions get harder when more questions get answered.
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2014, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 08:10 PM by Inuyasha.)
RE: The history game.
Define "first birthday". If you mean "one year after colonization", that means 1493-10-12 (Julian date), one year after Christopher Columbus found America.
Since continents (unlike cities or countries) have no such thing as a foundation date, there's no way to add one year to it -- thus no official dates here.

If you mean one year after the first person got into America, then that would be somewhere around 20 or 30 thousand years BC, but of course there's no actual dating there.

PS: if you actually meant "the United States of America" instead of America, then of course the question has a completely different answer; but I'm going to assume you're geographically correct and didn't mean that.

Warn the author for this post
12-30-2014, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 01:43 PM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
sorry bro not to be rude...but this game makes me think too much about SCHOOL and being Homeschooled when you actually had to "LEARN" about History .-. (Which as a matter of fact was #BORING to me...)and so therefore I am sorry but I will NOT participate in this game since I don't even want to THINK about school .-.

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
12-30-2014, 01:55 PM
You actually had to learn! The horror!
Why do people hate learning with such a passion? You wouldn't even be able to understand this post if you hadn't learnt stuff.

12-30-2014, 07:25 PM
I like history but some bit's slightly not my thing but I will only contribute every so often...

who used to be the queen before queen Elizabeth 2? *English queen*

[Image: UMMZ3dC.gif]
12-30-2014, 09:35 PM
Learning itself isn't something to be shunned, as Inuyasha pointed out. You may have disliked school, but the majority of activities you perform each day are a product of learning. I feel that history is also an important aspect of learning. It can help us to understand our roots, as well as the roots of people around us, and essentially forms a person. Kudos to Gold man for creating this thread! I think it's a very good idea. Smiley_Smile

Answer to the question: Queen Victoria preceded Queen Elizabeth II as the Queen of England. However, if you meant to ask who preceded Queen Elizabeth II as monarch, the answer would be King George VI.

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]
12-31-2014, 08:36 AM
What is the current name for the event that, at the time it occured, was known as the "Great War"; and when did it occur?

12-31-2014, 08:41 AM
World War I, in 1914.

Which assassination is said to have spurred the beginning of World War I?

[Image: jXtvKC8.png]
12-31-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure if I am right but I think it is William Howard Taft.

When did world war 1 end?
12-31-2014, 10:37 AM

What Roman authority created the basis for our current calendar, that would be slightly modified later by pope Gregory in the late 16th century?