Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Local/Regional/Friend LeaderBoard
11-19-2014, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 02:29 PM by SenSei.)
Lightbulb Local/Regional/Friend LeaderBoard
Local LeaderBoard
Original idea is to list all members according to their country ip.
LB will be top 20 or 10 only because there might be some countries ,may not have 100 BEO players.

OR

Region based Leaderboard
WIKI
Asia,Europe etc.
Dev. can add 1 more checkbox Local or Region & you can see your Rank accordingly Smiley_BigGrin

&

Friend/Clan Leaderboard
well Dev. gave us 30 slots with 6 pages i think,why not list them like LB
10 names per 1 page up to 100 Smiley_BigGrin
you can use it as clan LB too Smiley_Wink
Display of friend LB will be different like BEO1 LB with little modification ,if you click on kill/win/xp columns name's will auto-arrange accordingly.

Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-19-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Local/Region LeaderBoard
That could be a exellent idea.
11-19-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Local/Regional/Friend LeaderBoard
Don't see why not. Of the three, I'd rather a regional leaderboard.
I also like the idea of the friend leaderboard, but not sure how well clan leaderboards would work out.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
11-19-2014, 03:11 PM
The issue with the clan leaderboard is that anyone can set their clan tag to whatever.
The rest should work, and sound like good ideas.

11-19-2014, 04:47 PM
very nice idea Smiley_Wink (like always) hope this will come in the game

Hai,
11-19-2014, 07:35 PM
thanks guy's Smiley_Smile
about clan LB when we join clan ,we alwys add certain someone from clan ,could be leader or co-leader or person who updates page ,just need 1 person who is in contact with evryone, for now 30 ppl.
if they implement LB idea that person can post their own clan progress, weekly update or monthly,
they can do their own ranking system accordingly,that way evry clan will have different LB. Smiley_BigGrin

11-19-2014, 07:45 PM
(11-19-2014 07:35 PM)SenSei Wrote:  thanks guy's Smiley_Smile
about clan LB when we join clan ,we alwys add certain someone from clan ,could be leader or co-leader or person who updates page ,just need 1 person who is in contact with evryone, for now 30 ppl.
if they implement LB idea that person can post their own clan progress, weekly update or monthly,
they can do their own ranking system accordingly,that way evry clan will have different LB. Smiley_BigGrin

The issue with this is the sheer number of clans there are. (Don't think of just the big ones. There's hundreds, and probably thousands.)

This is not something that is easy to handle server-side, let alone easy to code.

11-19-2014, 09:05 PM
data alredy exist on server, its just matter of organization, issue is not from server-side mostly depend on clan-member or leaders if they want to do it so i only suggested how they can use friend LB as Clan LB.

11-19-2014, 09:25 PM
(11-19-2014 09:05 PM)SenSei Wrote:  data alredy exist on server, its just matter of organization, issue is not from server-side mostly depend on clan-member or leaders if they want to do it so i only suggested how they can use friend LB as Clan LB.

Data doesn't exist on the server -- the server has nothing as a "clan leader" implemented, for starters. Also, there's no "join clan" or "leave clan" feature. There's no way to control who uses a certain clan tag and who doesn't, either.

To make it worse, several clans use lots of Unicode characters (that little TM thing comes to mind), and those can be painful to match if something goes wrong in the coding.

11-19-2014, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 09:56 PM by Gooner.)
He isn't suggesting adding a new separate leaderboard for clans, but using the existing friends list itself as a clan leaderboard. By having 30 friends available, you would be able to track the progress of 30 members from your clan. His suggestion is that the friends list would be sorted from highest xp to lowest, from 1-30. The leader(s) would then be able to use that info to constuct their own leaderboard and update it whenever they see fit, whether it be on the BEO forums or their own specific clan forum.

I've seen this in a few games. Worldwide-> Region-> Country-> Near you. The near you option is a little too disturbing, i'd prefer a regional or country leaderboard. A few more LBs for you to top Sensei Smiley_Tongue

[Image: Goon.gif]