Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
Suggestion that urgently needed
11-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Lightbulb Suggestion that urgently needed
Can we bring a system that allows players to change their user name? For example I'm a lvl 99 with an ugly name player and I want to change it to something better but there is no option to do that. Is it possible to add an option for it?

If the game creators want to profit they can do something like this; sell name change scroll/pot or w/e you guys want to name it for 10 or 20 credits.[/color][/size][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-11-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Suggestion that urgently needed
The problem with doing this is the potential for people trying to use the names of famous players. As it is, there are fakes of people made (including the devs) and we have no way to stop it.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
11-11-2014, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 03:32 AM by Pixaner.)
So You Realize About Your Ugly Username At Lvl 99 But No Idea At Lvl 23 Or Somethin Lower.
Even If This Is Implemented Creating A New Account Will Be The Easy And Cheaper Solution

(@Inuysha, I Dont Know What Are You Talking About...)

[Image: 0zpInVK.jpg]
11-11-2014, 05:56 PM
There's really several issues with this:

1) A name change may not be a trivial thing server-side, depending on how things are implemented.
2) If you change your name, someone could take your previous one. It's hard to prevent that, and preventing it brings the issue of reserving names for nobody.
3) If someone takes your previous name, not only a case of mistaken identity could arise, but you could also have problems with who is friends with whom, and even who owns what credits if something goes wrong server-side.
4) Cloning would be popular, as tenchi said. Cloning is already an issue without name changes -- add them in, and you have a problem.

This is a nice idea, but it wouldn't work out.

(Also, @pixaner, you only use a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence, or in the first letter of a name. Your form of writing is not only incorrect, but rather hard to read...)

11-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Although it would be nice, I can't see it working out.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
11-12-2014, 01:46 AM
My opinion will make you cry.
11-12-2014, 04:20 AM
name change has been suggested since beo1 era and it has always been shot down with same reasons.
11-12-2014, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 04:36 AM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
No It wouldn't be possible to do this. I FOR ONE hate my IGN name *DeathStalker88* because there are TONS OF STUPID NOOB people on there ASKING ME if I'm a real actual "STALKER" Smiley_Angry Smiley_Angry And its just been getting freakin annoying but I can't do ANYTHING about it...UNLESS i would want to make a whole new beo2 in game account and start all OVER again...which I DON'T want to do.......................So I just have to always deal with the fact that there will be stupid people on Kong chat and On beo2 game asking me the STUPID question of whether or not i'm an actual Stalker..when NO I'm just an ORDINARY person TRYING TO ENJOY Killing the enemy eggs.................

I hope this helped you...in some way...with my opinion.

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
11-12-2014, 06:18 AM
This has been suggested before. I'd love for it to happen. But it wouldn't work.