Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Kratos, New Shell Idea..
11-07-2014, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 09:50 AM by tenchi.)
RE: Kratos, New Shell Idea..
(11-07-2014 06:47 AM)Levy John Wrote:  Hmmm, I don't think that copyright have something to do. In the game is Heisenberg ( Breaking bad ), Jason, Sherlock, Dr. Watson... and so on... But I don't know how all of this works... but yea i'd love to see Kratos in game Smiley_XD

Sherlock and Watson are extremely old characters, using the names isn't all that hard seeing as they're in almost every form of public access media (tv, movies, film). With Heisenberg, he's actually a scientist...just not from Breaking Bad. The real Heisenberg worked with nuclear/quantum physics (here's a link to an article about what he did). With any kind of masked figure, they are so popular that using their likenesses isn't anything that you need to worry about. With the "Jason" shell here, all it is is an egg with a mask, there's no machete or other similarity to the horror figure.

Now on to the subject of Kratos (and Pokemon, Dr Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc). These kinds of characters are owned by specific individuals and are copyrighted to their franchises. There have been games that imitated characters from several games/movies and in each case, the people who have the rights to the character/likeness have pursued legal action and won the cases. In order for shells like Kratos to be added, Rob and John would need to contact the GoW publishers/developers and obtain permission for usage. This is highly unlikely to be granted because the respective companies (for any character like Kratos or Pikachu) would want some sort of monetary compensation. Although BEO does generate some profits, it wouldn't be nearly enough to afford the licensing rights for the copyrighted characters.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 10:52 AM by [DEW™]TheLord.)
Why not a New shell whit weapon maybe a Ninja ?

Smiley_XD
11-08-2014, 01:43 AM
^Wouldn't want to go off-topic would we? Smiley_Smile
Kratos looks greater as an egg hehe. Nice art. Smiley_Smile
11-08-2014, 03:07 AM
this looks very awesome keep it up Smiley_Wink

Hai,
11-08-2014, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 05:08 AM by Levy John.)
Thank you guys for the head's up! Smiley_ThumbsUp

[Image: jp6es8e.jpg]
11-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Nice shell Good work !

[Image: mE8827Y.png]
11-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Epic Smiley_Shocked

Very nice job and good luck with your shell Smiley_Smile

zeus123

Long live Jahseh
11-09-2014, 08:16 AM
nice shell have you make i like it

[Image: 1zg93z5.png]
11-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Nice work bro keep it going hope to see more.