Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
The Reputation System
12-04-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: The Reputation System
(11-03-2014 08:26 AM)Seshomaru Wrote:  I have to agree with Golden, at this stage a lot of the rep reasons are more like bullying than constructive criticism.
I think the worst thing you can say to someone on a forum is that they should be banned.

And it goes way worse on the reported posts section, people would write ''I don't like his name, ban him''. The issue is that most of the users find it hard to separate subjective feelings from objective facts, hence the bullying replacing any constructive criticism they could give.

(12-04-2014 06:13 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  "I don't like you" is something that should probably be kept to yourself. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!
"You're a spammer and causing trouble" is the mods' work, and better left to them.

We always try to help troublesome users to fit nicely on the community instead of banning or rating them negative, I personally feel bad about the users who would seek for revenge instead of solving problems.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
12-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Well more good reps for me.
12-05-2014, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 12:11 PM by Seshomaru.)
(12-05-2014 06:14 AM)Gold man 2 Wrote:  Well more good reps for me.

This is a big misconception on your behalf, and I believe some others have it too.
Just because negative rep is disabled doesn't mean your positive rep is going to skyrocket. Sure, there will be nothing holding it down, but in the end people won't give you positive rep unless your behaviour matches. They can also delete those positive reps, or instead give you neutrals.

Abolishing the negative reputation doesn't mean that there is no way to let these users know that you do not like some of their behaviour. It's just a different method to doing it.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
Warn the author for this post