Poll: do you agree?
This poll is closed.
1. i agree to different game sites, but directed to 1 forum link. 20.00% 1 20.00%
2. i agree to 1 game and forum site that has all the game tabs above. 0% 0 0%
3. i dont agree to any. 80.00% 4 80.00%
Total 5 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
forum merge = forum name change
10-22-2014, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 05:57 AM by snitcher.)
forum merge = forum name change
so there was some guys that posted another game of the devs in here called the ninth realm. according to their claims the game currently lacks players and that the forum is in no shape of being used due to the lack of mods.

thus, i present, and yet once again another possible solution to your problems.

i mean, i haven't even tried the game and yet i'm the one who came up with this kind of thing. HA!

yes, yes. you can all revere me now. i know that you can't all help, but feel the emotion of venerating me at this point and you're all very welcome to do so. don't be shy, no need to hide it. you know that you want to and all you have left to do now is to just let it go. Smiley_Trollface

anyway, without further adieu.

description -

simply put, the 2 forums will be merged together, and obviously its going to be forced to change its name to something that can represent both games. something like, idk. maybe badviking(games)forum or forum.badviking(games)? well, you know what? its not my thing to think for these kind of things, just be grateful enough that my ingenious brain even existed Smiley_Trollface. but in all seriousness, there are these other private servers that runs multiple games, but only has one forum site. they are divided by a banner, then by the name of ea of the forums, then whatever subs that it has.

e.g. from that kind of forum game site format:

>> Community Forums

*Global announcements
Forum maintenance, game changes, community updates; anything that effects the entire badvikinggames community will be announced here.

*Social Networks
Here you can find links to our Social Networks; and information about any current promotional Events. (or we can leave this thing like the one we have below)

>> Bad Eggs Online 2

*Announcements
Game updates, maintenance, new events; all announcements for Bad Eggs Online 2
-Subforums: Events, Maintenance, Rules & Rights
(this thing can also go to the community forum under the global thing)

*Game Discussion
Anything and everything related to Bad Eggs Online 2
-Subforums: General Discussion, Clans Recruitment, Guides & Tips, User Suggestions, Off-Topic

*International Forums
For all our bilingual - multilingual users
-Subforums: whatever language that is strongly used in either games

*Technical Support
For all your technical issues.
-Subforums: Game Support, Account Support,Bug Reports

*Player Reports
Report hackers, scammers, spammers, and all around abusive players here!
-Subforums: Blocked Account Lists
(i just copy pasted everything)

>> The Ninth Realm

pretty much just the same things with beo2, i wont copy paste the format since it will just make the whole thing longer.

NOTE:

the e.g. that has been provided above is just nothing more, but an example from that different game site that i passed before when checking a couple of games out. it does not necessarily mean that were going to have to go with it, but rather that decision will obviously left according to the devs desire.

mechanics -

both game sites will have the same forum link or they can have all of it in just 1 site then separate the games with tabs just like what we have up top.

">>, *, & - including whatever is under in it" can all obviously be clicked as links.

off topic lounge can just go and lead to one joint link for both games or it can go in as a subforum for community forum.

tech support and clan chat can do the same for players who play both games.

PROS:

~ninth realms forum will finally be up and running again. yipee!
~since it will obviously be included to the things that is going to be modded
~more players in the other game and or hopefully for both
~more forum traffic & activities since it is all in one forum page.
~hopefully it can also cover the fact that we are currently lacking proper to decent activities in here until we get some.

CONS:

~not sure if the mods knows how the other game works, but they probably do.

i haven't really thought of anything else for the cons so i'll let you guys add some.

~~

NOTE:

if you're just gonna come here and repeat everything that you just said on the other suggestion that i had then just say refer back to it or whatever that can come close to that. EDIT: let us not give ourselves a hard time.

[Image: 4uS9reg.jpg]
meanwhile...
Smiley_Trollface
a quote from an awesome user to remind me and maybe everyone else:
Tally Wrote:To echo the age-old quote, 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
10-22-2014, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 06:42 AM by Seshomaru.)
RE: forum merge = forum name change
Most of these things either already exist in some form, or couldn't be supported with the small amount of activity here.
You can't just set up a forum that would only work with a large amount of people and then magically get the amount of activity necessary afterwards. Not how it works.

You admit to not even playing the game, so it's highly likely you're not even aware of how much activity it has. Those games don't have forums for a reason, it wasn't an "oops" the Devs made.

Having more than one official gathering site seems ridiculous to me.
Pretty much I don't think a forum overhaul is necessary, it solves nothing, much less your initial problem.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
10-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Let's use a different game as an example here, just to illustrate the point. You're suggesting putting the forums together to stimulate activity, so let's use DotA. Dota is dead, they've made and released DotA2. Because it's the same dev's, we'll assume that they put some sort of cached version of the DotA1 forums on the DotA2 forums. Now you want to take an unrelated game, League of Legends for instance.

This creates what you're talking about, so what would be the problems? You've got people who won't care about the other sections, first off. Also, there would be confusion about why they're seeing things for another game instead of what they usually/want to see.

You mention the subject of moderators. While Mageg and Grim-cat may or may not know anything about the other, you wouldn't need XX number of mods if the communities are indeed small enough to combine. So who do you keep and who do you get rid of?

The next thing to consider is the "clutter". If you look at the banner, we've got all the BEO stuff within reach. We could all go and play the original, look into the history of BEO, browse the forums, etc. It truly becomes an "all things equal" situation in which we would then see links for TNR, its history, rules and-so-on and-so-forth.

In short, you end up with all the same arguments from your other suggestion, which this is the link to.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
10-22-2014, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 08:48 AM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
I have recently made a Ninth Realm account...when it was either me LOOKING at their site OR reading their forum after I made one...It said that they were merging with the BEO1 forum...that's why the Ninth realm forum was closed down....I THINK..I can't really remember..

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
10-22-2014, 11:42 AM
@sesho

http://www.badeggsonline.com/beo2-forum/...p?tid=2814

http://www.badeggsonline.com/beo2-forum/...p?tid=2789

if you look at these topics then you can pretty much have an idea on how a couple of players would love to see more activity on that game.

having the game site advertised right beside your game screen here already gave that game some more publicity and as mentioned to 1 of those threads. it had a pretty good traffic that died down.

indeed, it isn't my problem, but it is the problem of this whole community that is going down.

i just feel sorry for the time and effort that the devs put on to their games and not see it succeed. hopefully, the game app launch won't be wasted and help give this game and forum a boost.

@tench

then again, how come those different private server forums that i gave as an example clearly works? and no, we don't unless you keep on such a narrow mind set, but yes we do go back there for the examples that i gave, and yes again for the same argument that a private server gets much less traffic that an originally published game.

as for your d1 & d2 example that is perfect for beo1 & beo2 in which beo1, but beo1 forum is closed, but beo1 still got a handful of players going on. now, i'm not sure where you got that d1 is dead, but there are still players who prefer 1 than 2. and icefrog still does updates for 1 and their forums are still lively. same with the ninth realm for your league of legends. dota 2 and lol are completely unrelated aside from the fact that they're both moba games, but completely different developers and is being ran by different companies. i don't get how you are even wanting to compare games that has the same developers where they are now clearly taking advantage of promoting.

as for the mods, i don't quite get your statement. as for what threads had stated. it has 0 mods so you do need those current 2 to watch over everything.

if its the clutter above then all you have to do is have both games run on different site, but linked on a single combined forum.

@gnd

if they do merge beo1 & tnr then its either they open both again as merged like what your claiming or the tnr forums will remained closed with beo1. i don't get why they would want to keep tnr's forum closed where there are clearly requests for it being opened and are currently being played by some players.

meanwhile...
Smiley_Trollface
Tally Wrote:To echo the age-old quote, 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
10-22-2014, 02:02 PM
To put it short, snitcher, 10 people don't make a forum.

You can't magically make a forum become active because literally a handful of people want to play the game.

I have an account in another forum which has subsections for 28 (!!) dead games that nobody really plays, some of which don't even exist now. There's 29 game sections -- one for the game that is really active, and the other 28 for that dev's other games.

Those 28 sections are so dead that you can easily find threads from January in page 1. That's what happens with dead forums. You can't suddenly make them active because four people are interested.

10-22-2014, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 02:42 PM by Seshomaru.)
(10-22-2014 11:42 AM)snitcher Wrote:  @sesho

http://www.badeggsonline.com/beo2-forum/...p?tid=2814

http://www.badeggsonline.com/beo2-forum/...p?tid=2789

if you look at these topics then you can pretty much have an idea on how a couple of players would love to see more activity on that game.

having the game site advertised right beside your game screen here already gave that game some more publicity and as mentioned to 1 of those threads. it had a pretty good traffic that died down.

indeed, it isn't my problem, but it is the problem of this whole community that is going down.

i just feel sorry for the time and effort that the devs put on to their games and not see it succeed. hopefully, the game app launch won't be wasted and help give this game and forum a boost.

I never said that it wasn't your problem, I'm saying that you don't have the experience to be saying some of the things you are claiming.

Your suggestion just doesn't solve the problem.

The game doesn't have a lot of activity, and clearly this is a community and site that is already aware of the game and does promote it in some ways. So if it's already dead even with what advertising and awareness it has here, then merging it with this forum isn't going to help in any way.

As already mentioned, the plan was for that forum to be merged with this one, but clearly that didn't happen for some reason. Clearly, this reason is unbeknownst to us.

My point is that there is clearly a reason the devs have for not yet merging it, and I think it's highly unlikely that it was just a forgotten plan. I personally see no reason for it to happen, and I feel that it would be counterproductive for the reasons I have already mentioned.

Expanding a forum that on some days barely gets 15 posts is a very bad idea, especially since not many new members tend to join and stay active.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
10-23-2014, 06:37 AM
@inu & sesho

ok, i do get the point, but what i don't get is why not give it a shot?
10 people is way definitely better to start than to not have any at all.

getting the place modded altogether at 1 place is already a good deal.

if people can see that there are at least some activity in it then they might just at least give it a go or if the players of this game somehow got bored then they might also give the other one a try, that itself might automatically give them a monopoly of people who could possibly just shift games from 1 to the other game that they've made. i know that this is all purely based upon circumstance, but hey, that is still definitely way better than none, and once again, what else do they have to lose at this point?

meanwhile...
Smiley_Trollface