Poll: do you want to limit the number of posts that everyone of us can make?
This poll is closed.
i agree, but no more than 10 posts a day. 6.67% 1 6.67%
i agree, but maybe more posts than 10. 6.67% 1 6.67%
i agree, but only 5 posts a day since there is no way that most forum users will post more than 5 per day. 6.67% 1 6.67%
no, i am against this suggestion. 80.00% 12 80.00%
Total 15 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
limiting the number of posts a forum user can make per day.
09-14-2014, 03:38 PM
RE: limiting the number of posts a forum user can make per day.
(09-13-2014 06:03 PM)snitcher Wrote:  which i already rebutted against. i truly believe that 3-5 more additional posts per new topic is way more that enough to have solve anything, express an opinion, strike up a good conversation, post casually, and prove a point for at least a day. e.g. tenchi - he can pretty much give an accurate 1 reply to any question, give a response convincing to everyone, and mediate any thing that can result to flame.

Sadly, you have not.
All you have offered as a rebuttal is a "I still think I'm right and you're wrong" reply (with different words, of course, but that's what it basically amounts to). That's not a rebuttal, it's not even an argument.

The fact is, all your beliefs and such aren't backed up by actual data. Our claims, on the other hand, are.

Heck, let's pick another forum I have an account on. Right now, I have 14,754 posts in it (I've been a member for three years and a half), and that's not counting posts in the section were they don't add up to the total (the equivalent to forum games here). Not a single post of those is spam. It's perfectly possible to post more than 10 times a day and still make useful posts.

All your argument reduces to is, "since I don't post much, I'll assume that nobody else wants to post much more than I do". That's blatantly wrong, and really I hope anyone can see clearly the incorrectness of such an argument.

Reducing the rights of good, contributing users is not the way to go about stopping spam. In fact, you'd probably get quite a few of us to stop posting and/or leave, so the spam-to-useful ratio would increase -- in essence, by doing this, you'd have more spam, not less.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
09-14-2014, 05:36 PM
I agree with Crocus *Like I said in my previous reply* Mods should deal with spammers and not having parts of the beo2 community deal with them. There are too many spammers on forum for just one or two people to handle Also I do agree with what Inuyasha said. And also I really do not understand what you mean by "Spammers" Like there has to be ONE particular reason you made this thread. *Last time I checked nobody on this forum, recently as of this past week* was
making a thread about wanting credits so bad that he/or she spammed about wanting credits. Nor has there been any spam about whatever people spam about... .-.. So in conclusion I guess what I am asking..is..
WHY did you make this thread, and what do you "Define" as spamming??? I would like to know..Because as forum users are progressing I have seen NO spam whatsoever as to the people that you guys hate....Smiley_Confused.

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
09-14-2014, 05:42 PM
(09-14-2014 05:36 PM)GoldenNightmareDragon Wrote:  Because as forum users are progressing I have seen NO spam whatsoever as to the people that you guys hate....Smiley_Confused.

Well, there's a lot of spam caused by something that's been happening a lot lately, that is when two or three people (the exact two or three vary) starting to fight and quarrel in a thread, derailing it completely...
09-14-2014, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2014 05:50 PM by Seshomaru.)
I honestly don't see that much spam, honestly.
Even when there is, the Mods are quite quick to clear it up; and let's be honest, it can't possibly affect you that much.

Placing any kind of posting limit, especially one as low as 10 per day, is absolutely ridiculous. In the end, it wouldn't really prevent spam either. If someone was really set on spamming, they'd make 10 spam posts a day!

This basically just puts a burden on the vast majority of the member base who do use the forum properly.

Edit: also on average, I do post 5+ posts per active day. I've even managed to make over 20+ posts here in one day.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
09-14-2014, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2014 06:20 PM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
@Inuyasha...oh okay well ya that KINDA spam Smiley_Tongue Lol.
@Seshomaru Great job on your opinion Smiley_ThumbsUp I really liked it Smiley_BigGrin.
And as one person said I don't remember who it was but someone had said that if this "would" happen then it would basically cause the problem of people leaving the forum, if this actually "would" happen Smiley_Shocked.
*Like users who actually use the forum properly would leave*.

09-14-2014, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2014 05:59 PM by Crocovip88.)
Then we should have a limit of maximum characters since no one will read the post of SOMEONE long 25 km here.

No really , if someone has something important to say and needs 11 important posts , what u do, u shut him? Lmao

A forum is a place to enjoy not for boring peoples that tryes to do the intelectuals, this game isn't made to get peoples more bored , with the "new" forum u want no one will join beo forum since is full of boring peoples Smiley_Smile

Chester : a spammer is who degrade posts as they explained you, remember my video post and my "haters" ? Those are spammers.

Regards 2.0

[Image: 2r7y0eu.jpg] [Image: 6dsa68.png]NOW ON CLASH OF CLANS! User: Regder - clan: Caos Land max th8+ only, clan war
09-14-2014, 05:55 PM
(09-14-2014 05:52 PM)GoldenNightmareDragon Wrote:  And as one person said I don't remember who it was but someone had said that if this "would" happen then it would basically cause the problem of people leaving the forum, if this actually "would" happen Smiley_Shocked.

Are you referring to this?

(09-14-2014 03:38 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  Reducing the rights of good, contributing users is not the way to go about stopping spam. In fact, you'd probably get quite a few of us to stop posting and/or leave, so the spam-to-useful ratio would increase -- in essence, by doing this, you'd have more spam, not less.
09-14-2014, 06:01 PM
(09-14-2014 05:52 PM)GoldenNightmareDragon Wrote:  @Inuyasha...oh okay well ya that KINDA spam Smiley_Tongue Lol.
@Seshomaru Great job on your opinion :thunbs: I really liked it Smiley_BigGrin.
And as one person said I don't remember who it was but someone had said that if this "would" happen then it would basically cause the problem of people leaving the forum, if this actually "would" happen Smiley_Shocked.

Well I don't know if it would make them leave entirely, but it would certainly give them a limited time to stay on here. It's certainly a point to consider.

Also, I just want to reiterate that I believe the reasoning of:
Quote:there is no way that most forum users will post more than 5 per day.

is quite ignorant and in no way legitimate. Did this guy go around surveying all the members to see how many posts it was possible for them to make in a day? Just because perhaps he finds it difficult to create this many valid posts does not apply to the rest of us, and I will say that it's very easy to contribute something to any thread without it being spam.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
09-14-2014, 06:23 PM
@Crocus Oh okay Smiley_BigGrin. I've seen those then too Smiley_BigGrin *Those kinds of spams*.
@Inuyasha nope, someone Idk if it was Tenchi or somebody who said sumtin bout "If this was something to be put on the forum then lots of the "right forum users" or whatever would leave"
I don't really remember....Lol Smiley_XD.

09-14-2014, 06:30 PM
(09-14-2014 06:23 PM)GoldenNightmareDragon Wrote:  @Inuyasha nope, someone Idk if it was Tenchi or somebody who said sumtin bout "If this was something to be put on the forum then lots of the "right forum users" or whatever would leave"
I don't really remember....Lol Smiley_XD.

Oh, I see.
Still, it's true. Honestly, I'd see no point in browsing the forums once I hit the quota. And the quota is something that can be hit really fast -- this is my 14th post outside of Forum Games today.