Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
does some1 know??
09-11-2014, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 09:37 PM by Inuyasha.)
RE: does some1 know??
(09-11-2014 05:09 AM)GoldenNightmareDragon Wrote:  @Snitcher I really can't be too sure...but I think maybe its because there's like lots of hackers who want to hack beo2 accounts or something...and you ALSO cannot be safe giving your gaming account to just a random person..and thinking that everything will be fine. *Because like if you did that then maybe the person you gave your account too could track your IP address and then find and locate where you live, or like have information to like personal private things of yours like credit card numbers or things like that you know????* And like now a days...you can't trust credit card thieves *anytime you can't trust them actually to be honest, since they are stealing your money.* But yea and with the stealing money part there have been people who have gone bankrupt because of a credit card thief spending all their money, without them knowing until its too late.

Sorry for the LONG reading LOL Smiley_XD.

There's a bunch of incorrect information here, so I guess I'll correct it. It's really sad that people don't know what can and cannot be done with your public Internet info, so let's try to help out.
  • Getting into your account won't give anyone access to your IP address. Those are stored server-side, so they'd need to hack the server, not just a random account.
  • There's not much you can do with an IP address, anyway. For instance, my IP address is 181.167.194.111 (yes, it's real, ask the mods if you don't believe me). This is what you can find from my IP: click here. Notice that you cannot find any personal info. (Don't be scared by the presence of a map. That doesn't point to your home address -- the average inaccuracy is 20 kilometers in urban areas, and 50 in rural ones. The location it shows for me is around 15km away from my home. The postal code is also incorrect.)
  • All credit card transactions are legally required to follow certain online security standards. That means your credit card info will not be stored for anyone to take just like that. Companies called "credit card payment processors" are the only companies allowed to actually charge your credit card (service providers, like this game, use their services to charge you), and CC payment processors won't store your credit card number where anyone can pick it up.
  • If someone finds your credit card info, it's because you gave it to them. Enter it on the wrong site, on a site that looks real but it isn't, there's plenty of ways -- but in the end, it all boils down to you sending your CC number to the wrong person.
  • Nothing can be found having just an IP. You cannot impersonate someone by having their IP, either. This is just because of how the IP protocol works -- the explanation is really too technical to write here (if you really want to read the technical stuff, look up a document called RFC 791, you'll find it quickly by googling), but essentially, if they stole your IP they wouldn't be able to connect anywhere. Basically, your IP is not a gateway for hackers to enter.
  • IPs are public anyway. Every single website you visit, every single page you visit, anything online you use, sees and records your IP. Don't think it's a private bit of information, because it's far from it.

I really hope some things are clearer now, because for what I see, there's always a lot of confusion about what you can and cannot do with an IP and such.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
09-12-2014, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 07:39 AM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
@Inuyasha for clearing it up. I knew I didn't have my information right...but I was just tryna
explain the best I could..I have never been hacked so I couldn't talk about "a experience" on it or
w.e but Lol thnx for clearing it up Smiley_ThumbsUp.

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
09-12-2014, 07:50 AM
(09-11-2014 07:28 PM)Rob Donkin Wrote:  We did not ban your account because you shared it. You know this because we have talked about it over pm. You were banned because an unauthorised payment was made on your account. Your explanation for this is that you allowed someone onto your account to buy the credits for you. This is exactly why we tell people not to share accounts because you never know who is going to access your account and it can lead to things like this happening and your account getting banned.

We act strongly in cases of PayPal fraud because fighting this kind of behaviour costs us time and money (which could both be better spent working on improving the game!), not to mention that fact that it is stealing and of course illegal.

thank you, boss.

@half demon dawg

thank you, brah. but that's why people pretty much ignored it.

[Image: 4uS9reg.jpg]
meanwhile...
Smiley_Trollface
a quote from an awesome user to remind me and maybe everyone else:
Tally Wrote:To echo the age-old quote, 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
09-13-2014, 12:47 AM
BTW PPL I MADE A NEW ACC ADD ME IM GIMMECREDITS Smiley_Tongue

Hai,
09-14-2014, 06:08 PM
(09-13-2014 12:47 AM)mennogamer Wrote:  BTW PPL I MADE A NEW ACC ADD ME IM GIMMECREDITS Smiley_Tongue

Given the circumstances of your previous ban which started this whole thread, your name is absolutely hilarious.

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
09-14-2014, 06:11 PM
(09-14-2014 06:08 PM)Seshomaru Wrote:  
(09-13-2014 12:47 AM)mennogamer Wrote:  BTW PPL I MADE A NEW ACC ADD ME IM GIMMECREDITS Smiley_Tongue

Given the circumstances of your previous ban which started this whole thread, your name is absolutely hilarious.

I'm going to have to agree with this one.
09-14-2014, 06:18 PM
funniest name i've heard for a while haha if thier is ever a beo3 i might call my self

CHICKEN NugGeTsSmiley_Tongue

M8 i got so much swag...
09-14-2014, 06:54 PM
EGGKILLER2301 BRO if THEY COME OUT with a Beo3 then I will call myself ChIcKeN NuGgEtS2
LOL Smiley_XD. Smiley_ThumbsUp Smiley_RockOn.

[Image: 28sy9oz.jpg]
09-14-2014, 07:53 PM
haha ty for calling my name funny Smiley_XD (cya in the battlefield)

Hai,
09-14-2014, 09:27 PM
(09-14-2014 07:53 PM)mennogamer Wrote:  haha ty for calling my name funny Smiley_XD (cya in the battlefield)

Won't give you credits, though. Smiley_Tongue
Thread Closed