Poll: Should we have a way to upvote posts?
Yes!
No way.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Forum Suggestion
08-09-2014, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 10:16 PM by Seshomaru.)
Forum Suggestion
Not sure if this section is also for forum suggestions, but why not give it a shot?

I think a way to +1, thank or upvote posts would be really great.

Reasoning:
* Allows users to express thanks for contributive and helpful posts by other users.

* Helps members to acknowledge and pay attention to the better rated or more helpful posts in certain discussions or threads.

* Easier way to acknowledge good ideas, suggestions or arguments.

* Encourages users to make worthwhile posts.

Vote in the Poll!

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
08-09-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: Forum Suggestion
I used to run a myBB forum and I remember having a very simple and good thanks plugin... so this is possible.

It's quite useful (as I already mentioned in another thread), so +1 to this?
08-09-2014, 10:16 PM
(08-09-2014 10:10 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  I used to run a myBB forum and I remember having a very simple and good thanks plugin... so this is possible.

There's a poll you can vote on Smiley_Tongue

[Image: tumblr_md962k302i1rk2qtwo1_500.gif]
08-09-2014, 10:22 PM
(08-09-2014 10:16 PM)Seshomaru Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 10:10 PM)Inuyasha Wrote:  I used to run a myBB forum and I remember having a very simple and good thanks plugin... so this is possible.

There's a poll you can vote on Smiley_Tongue

Voted on it... always chasing me, aren't you Smiley_Tongue

(wouldn't thanking the post be a much simpler way of expressing agreement? Haha)
08-09-2014, 10:25 PM
I suggested this on the BEO1 forums, but sadly, it never happened. So, I will support it.

[Image: 2dgly6v.png]
08-10-2014, 12:14 AM
They actually had the rating system turned on for posts back in the beta. Unfortunately, I joined after they shut it down and I'm not entirely too sure what the reasoning was.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
08-10-2014, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 01:16 AM by troll2.)
@techni

reason were abuse of reputation system, tehre were cases that same user give like 15 reputations pos/neg to one user, i think was a wrong choise disable post reputation , they should disable personal reputations like we have now, and we can see still abusing and bad use of system , and activate only reputation by posts.

as usual the inmature members make staff disable stuffs form forum.also u can see there some users that farm reputations, they are hunting to new members to give them a pos rep in change of a pos rep, this turn this system useless, becasue farming reps dont represent the reallity of your actions on forum. as i said since first day forum released reputation system is a joke here, members dont have the ethics and give true value to reputations

others members are making fake accounts to give neg reps to some members for personal reasons, others are teaming to give neg reps,

otherforum settings were disable for quota/data use by Admins.

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]
08-10-2014, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 09:18 AM by ☬BlackDragonDrago☢.)
@Seshomaru and @Inuyasha So which one of you is the sister and which one of you is the brother?? or are you both brothers?? or what? Lol sorry I am just curious Smiley_Tongue. Oh and also I will add you guys on my friends list. And if I can *it still says I have reached my limits for rep* but when I can I will rep you guys too Smiley_BigGrin.
08-10-2014, 10:48 AM
(08-10-2014 09:15 AM)GoldenNightmareDragon Wrote:  @Seshomaru and @Inuyasha So which one of you is the sister and which one of you is the brother?? or are you both brothers?? or what? Lol sorry I am just curious Smiley_Tongue. Oh and also I will add you guys on my friends list. And if I can *it still says I have reached my limits for rep* but when I can I will rep you guys too Smiley_BigGrin.

The characters are both brothers.
As for the real us, she's a girl and I'm a guy, and we aren't related at all Smiley_Tongue

Anyway, to the ones that talked about reputation, the fundamental difference between rep and thanks is that thanks are only positive. You can thank a post (with a click of a button), but there's no "minus thanking" or anything. And if people giving lots of thanks is an issue, just don't show thank counts on profiles.
08-10-2014, 11:11 AM
@Inuyasha Oh okay that's cool Smiley_BigGrin.