Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
forum bug?
08-01-2014, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 03:18 AM by snitcher.)
forum bug?
i was making a thread earlier and i did not notice it was posting a lot. i checked it and deleted them. i was picking up options for my poll while going back to check my topic for better poll options, i did not know nor noticed it. what i want to know is if its a bug or not? or was it supposed to happen that way? that every time i press back it will post the unfinished topic?

[Image: 4uS9reg.jpg]
meanwhile...
Smiley_Trollface
a quote from an awesome user to remind me and maybe everyone else:
Tally Wrote:To echo the age-old quote, 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
08-09-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: forum bug?
That's honestly a glitch of the forum software. I had it elsewhere, too.

Whenever you visit a page, the browser issues a request. (These are generally known as GET or POST requests depending on if the request starts with one or the other word. In the case of forum postings, the requests to post something are, unsurprisingly, POST requests.)

When you hit the back button in your browser, the browser is re-issuing the request to load the page. Since this is a very common situation, most forum software packages will tell the browser, when you post something, to go to some other place. This one doesn't, so it re-issues the original request that caused you to post the thread, causing you to repost it. It also isn't filtering out the duplicates, something that most forums will do.

All in all it's a myBB bug, and carelessness feeds it.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post