Thread Rating:
  • 90 Votes - 3.17 Average
Clan Etiquette
11-12-2013, 02:54 AM
Star Clan Etiquette
Hey guys,

I just want to throw out a quick notice on the subject of Clans.
This is a subforum that follows the same rules as stated here:
http://www.badeggsonline.com/beo2-forum/...d=10#pid10

The issue I've seen people have is people are taking their taunting and jokes a little too far. Respect other members/clans, if you want to
be an enemy with a clan then that's fine but you need to show
a bit of respect regardless. Nothing wrong with a bit of a poke or
getting a bit competitive, it makes you feel more like a clan trying
to fight your way through! But what we don't want is for it to go as far
as abusing members. Not everyone may see something the same way you
do so just think twice before posting - clans are new to BEO2 and it may
take a few tries to get used to it but we really can't wait for you guys to
start forming teams, having battles, making allies and all that fun stuff!

Smiley_ThumbsUp
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
11-12-2013, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 06:18 AM by s9b1.)
RE: Clan Etiquette
Agree with you Mageg. These people should be more mature attitude with respect.

But from what I knew: "Treat others as you want to be treated"
11-12-2013, 06:11 AM
I think we could all use some clarification on what constitutes "respect" and "abuse".

The rule states "We are all equals here. Each and every member on this forum has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, any actions which contravene this will result in severe consequences."

My questions are as follows:

1: The right to dignity and respect - What is the BEO definition of dignity? Are we using an objective or subjective standard? If I offend somebody by saying something they dont agree with, am I punished because they are offended? Where is the line here?

2: Severe Consequences - What are the consequences for what actions? Is that simply left up to the powers that be? Are there any guidelines at all for this? For example lets say I oppose and criticize the Donkin's privacy policy, and then get reported by some egg that feels offended because I beat him 1v1 or he doesn't like my name or whatever. Does that get used as a reason to punish me for my views on the Donkins privacy policy? just an example.
11-13-2013, 05:58 PM
(11-12-2013 06:11 AM)billymaystvoffer Wrote:  I think we could all use some clarification on what constitutes "respect" and "abuse".

The rule states "We are all equals here. Each and every member on this forum has a right to be treated with dignity and respect, any actions which contravene this will result in severe consequences."

My questions are as follows:

1: The right to dignity and respect - What is the BEO definition of dignity? Are we using an objective or subjective standard? If I offend somebody by saying something they dont agree with, am I punished because they are offended? Where is the line here?

2: Severe Consequences - What are the consequences for what actions? Is that simply left up to the powers that be? Are there any guidelines at all for this? For example lets say I oppose and criticize the Donkin's privacy policy, and then get reported by some egg that feels offended because I beat him 1v1 or he doesn't like my name or whatever. Does that get used as a reason to punish me for my views on the Donkins privacy policy? just an example.

1. Well obviously every case will be different in terms of what is happening e.g Blatantly swearing
or spamming will be treated in a different way than say two users
arguing. We will always look upon arguments objectively however when
someone is blatantly breaking rules there will be no possible justification so we will not investigate further and
take action on the spot, while with people arguing we would first pm both users to resolve the issue first - if
the arguments have gotten too far then a warning will be applied if they are causing problems.

2. Warnings are all on an individual case basis like I said however if it is something as minor as someone arguing,
low quality posting or any other minor rule then a 10% warning will
most likely be applied (a maximum of 10 before a user is suspended).
We aren't going to punish you for expressing your opinion, that's the last thing we'd want to do so no, no
no action would be taken against you.

Hope this gives you a bit of an idea!
Smiley_ThumbsUp
12-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Lately I've seen abuse over the clan tags. Many people who are not in the clan put the tag on them. I suggest that the clan leaders pm rob weekly of the new users who join the clan so he can add them to the list. Yes, it does take time, but it solves problems. Also, Registered clans should have something that shows that it is one. (Since anyone can have their own clan tag). I play another game that has very organized clans, So I know how It can be sorted out.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin
01-24-2014, 03:58 AM
I have been wondering why people are being so rude about who sucks and who doesnt deserve to be in a clan that is nonsense so people need to stop being so entitled to what they want and what they need.
01-24-2014, 06:03 AM
Umm.. Gravedigging a little.. But to add.... Why cant we just be friends? Most of us dont even know each other.. Why be enemies with someone you dont even know..?
01-24-2014, 10:27 AM
(01-24-2014 06:03 AM)[CHEF] Andy6778 Wrote:  Umm.. Gravedigging a little.. But to add.... Why cant we just be friends? Most of us dont even know each other.. Why be enemies with someone you dont even know..?

You can't "gravedig" a stickied thread.

And that's how it is with a lot of other games, it's pretty much natural behavior to be a little competitive on these kinds.

01-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah, i guess that makes sense.. But you dont need to get too competitive.. And sorry didnt realize it was stickied.. Lol oops
01-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Of course we don't need to be competitive, but it's no different than getting a group of people and putting them in a room. Naturally, people will start talking and try to one-up the other. The hard part is actually watching what you, yourself say to others. S9 said it best, treat others the way you want to be treated. You could even say this applies to people's actions, if you act like a child then you should be prepared to be treated like a child and vice versa.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]