Poll: Is Beo2 Symmetrical or Asymmetrical
Its Symmetrical
Its Asymmetrical
Its Both
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Beo2 Symmetrical or Asymmetrical ? ?
07-13-2014, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 03:11 AM by wildmut.)
Beo2 Symmetrical or Asymmetrical ? ?
beo2 can actually be like chess you see in chess
you have 2 sides white and black in beo2 say a 1v1 for example
you have 1 player (you) and 1 opposing player (opponent)
and you see say non of them have packs and are at same lvl you see
there exactly the same but in chess 1 goes first in fact white
goes first so in a perfectly played game white is always 1 step ahead of black but that may be true so in the game white has more initiative but
black has more information in fact ppl call this the first move advantage also white and black pieces in chess are always placed in the same spot chess is a perfectly symmetrical game it would be like looking into a mirror in fact some of the beo2 maps are symmetrical take the pumpkin map for example

[Image: n3oLG.jpg]

as you can see it is perfectly the same on both sides if you where to take it and flip it it would cross over the same just like in chess so right now some of you are probably thinking this game is symmetrical well yes and no you see yes it is symmetrical in some cases buuuut not always you see in this game lots of maps aren't symmetrical take the moon map for example:

[Image: VHowf.jpg]

in fact this map would actually be considered Asymmetrical if you where to take it and fold it in half it wouldn't line up perfectly so no that's 1 part of it that's not symmetrical but there are lots of other reasons its not symmetrical take weapons for example each player is given a random set of weapons every round(except certain weapons like bazooka and grenade) and each player gets a different amount of weapons from 1-3 and that's not all now that there is a new prize wheel this game becomes more Asymmetrical ppl can possible have 5 knives or 2 air strikes just from the prize wheel adding on more weapons to your display case also those weapons you get every round up to the point of when you use them and not even that but what about weapon packs adding a addition 5 powerful weapons to your stash of weapons that lots of players don't have

Speaking of stash of weapons how about your lvl you see each player has there own lvl and the higher lvl you are the more weapons you have (unless over lvl 50) so if you take a lvl 50 over a lvl 12 1 reason ppl say there stronger is not only cause of there lvl ppl don't realize that its also there stash of weapons a lvl 12 has less weapons to use against a lvl 50 not to mention you get a random variety of weapons each round with a different amount of weapons from 1-3 adding on to your prize wheel prize

even a persons shell can be Asymmetrical say in a 1v1 you are wearing the king shell vs someone with the cowboy shell now the shell
doesn't have much affect on battling but i just wanted to point out that that's asymmetrical

the most Asymmetrical thing in this game tho is the positioning of your egg when you start the match you see take the pumpkin map sure the map is definetly symmetrical but that's the map not the player you see for it to be symmetrical the players would have to be positions on the same spot in different sides but that's not all another thing that makes it asymmetrical is the fact that you can move your egg changing the position making it even more asymmetrical in fact another thing asymmetrical about it is that you can potentially destroy the map changing everything and destroying the balanced

Now if you made it all the way to the end i seriously congradulate you for reading all of this and for that i thank you for reading all of this in my way i guess i was teaching you guys something now i know how you are probably bored out of your mind of reading so I'm gonna let this video tell more about asymmetry and symmetry plz watch:

So now that you've learned what symmetry and asymmetry is allow
me to show you the maps that are symmetrical and asymmetrical

Symmetrical:
-The Big Top
-Pumpkin Patch
-Random Symmetrical

Asymmetrical:
-King Of The Castle
-Oozing Cavern
-Under The Sea
-The Pearly Gates
-Highrise
-The Pyramids
-Easter Island
-Outer Space
-Green Shoot
-Viking Village
-Skull Island
-Platform Paradise
-Vietham
-Random

In fact most players dont know whats the difference between
random and random symmetrical but in random symmetrical the
map is totally symmetrical even down to the positioning of the players everything is symmetrical in random symmetrical which i find very cool
But Random is literally never symmetrical down to creating the map to the positing of the characters

So The Moral of the story is...
is beo2 symmetrical or asymmetrical

well i say its more asymmetrical but in some cases its both symmetrical
and asymmetrical thanks for reading and i hope i teached you all something today

[Image: VFFqza0.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
07-13-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: Beo2 Symmetrical or Asymmetrical ? ?
If you look closely at the maps, they are all symmetrical to some degree be it visual or in terms of mass. Yes, it's true that some maps can be folded in half and they perfectly match up, but there's something else at work on others. Using Outer Space as my example (since it's pictured above), even though it's not visually in symmetry, it's perfectly symmetrical. to understand this, you have to picture a scale and weights. Looking at it the mass is equal; the 3 planets on the left have nearly as much "weight" as the 4 on the right. So where is the rest of this at if the map is symmetrical? The middle crater makes up the remaining difference. I won't assign specific measurements, so people are free to use kg/lbs/stones (for those horse lovers Smiley_Wink)/etc. to determine the balance that's going on in various maps. When it comes to visuals, if everything were symmetrical then everything would be boring.

[Image: Tenchi2_zps0626348d.png]
07-13-2014, 02:26 PM
just wow I didn't think that they would be like that

[Image: die.jpg]
07-13-2014, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2014 02:50 PM by SenSei.)
its both asymmetrical & symmetrical where it lack symmetry i think they make up for giving certain angle opening so any spawn point egg can shoot
also there is human factor involve which makes this game more enjoyable no matter the the first move & skill or weapon stash.

nice topic wildmut should be in game discussion.

07-13-2014, 03:11 PM
(07-13-2014 02:47 PM)SenSei Wrote:  its both asymmetrical & symmetrical where it lack symmetry i think they make up for giving certain angle opening so any spawn point egg can shoot
also there is human factor involve which makes this game more enjoyable no matter the the first move & skill or weapon stash.

nice topic wildmut should be in game discussion.
oops your probably right about that game discussion thing
sorry about this mageg if your reading this

[Image: VFFqza0.gif]
07-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Moved to Game Discussion, awesome topic though! Love the effort gone into it Smiley_Smile

[Image: WJul7La.gif]
07-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Hey bro did I mention that this topic (after reading the whole entire thing) hurt my eyes? Smiley_XD. Good topic though bro Smiley_Smile.
07-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Great discussion, thank-you Wildmut for starting it, I find it a very interesting topic
07-18-2014, 12:38 PM
It is mostly symetrical but some maps are asymetrical and this game is asymetrical as people who use paypal have more money but some countries do not support paypal so some have packs and others do not.
07-20-2014, 02:30 AM
(07-13-2014 12:33 PM)wildmut Wrote:  so in a perfectly played game white is always 1 step ahead of black but that may be true so in the game white has more initiative but
black has more information in fact ppl call this the first move advantage also white and black pieces in chess are always placed in the same spot chess is a perfectly symmetrical game
Pssh, everyone knows white is OP.