Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4 Average
Big Topic of Forum Information
04-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Information Big Topic of Forum Information
Introduction
Hello, this is the Big Topic of Forum Information, or BToFI. (Bi-tof-ee) This topic is to help new users learn the ways of the forums. If you haven't read the rules, I suggest you read them here:

Forum Rules

Now, let's begin to learn the Bad Eggs Online (2) Forums.

Editing Your Profile
Editing your profile is easy. Click 'User CP' that's at the top, near your name. From the UCP you can edit your Signature, Bio, Avatar, Account Info, Etc. Please do not make names really long or change them all the time. (At least let people know you are going to change your name.) And remember to keep signatures tidy and not too large. Smiley_Smile

Posting: When to Do It, And When to Not
This section is about posting, the basics of this forum! Please post in the correct places of the forums. (If you want to make a forum game, you'd post in Forum Games, if ya wanna share your ideas, post them in Suggestions.) Here are some examples of when to and when to not post:

An Old Inactive Topic: No
A New Inactive Topic: Yes
Pinned Topics: Yes (Not always a discussion topic.)

When you post in an old inactive topic, that is called grave digging. Please refrain from grave digging. (Topic that hasn't been posted on for a week+ is considered dead.) Inactive topics that are new can be posted on to help others see the topic and get the discussion going. Most pinned topics can be posted in, whether it's new, old, or inactive. Also, please do not post multiple posts in a row, there is an edit button to use.

Reporting Players
Say someone in the game, or on the forums asks for your password or is being mean. What should you do? Well, the best thing to do is send a PM to Rob(Rob's Profile), John(John's Profile) or message a mod.

Private Messaging (PM)
So you want to tell someone something, but not let everyone else know it, right? Well, if you go to the person's profile (From their post or from your buddy list), you can send them a "PM". This way you can message back and forth without letting others seeing your discussion. There is also a "Send PM" button on the top of everyone's post. Remember to only message appropriately by the rules.

Posting Pictures Or Screenshots
Lots of people have trouble posting pictures and/or screenshots on the forums. Here is a guide on how to take screenshots and post them.

Taking Screenshots:
1: To take a screenshot, use Control Key + Print Screen Key. Or if you have some kind of screenshot software, you can use that.
2: Then use paint (Or whatever you use) to edit/crop the wanted image.
3: Finally, save them image.

Posting Pics/Screenshots:
1: Use something like Imgur, Postimage, etc.
2: After uploading, they will have an URL for you to paste.
3: Click the 'Insert Image' button and paste the URL in the bar to insert an image.

Here is how the Insert Image button looks: [Image: ApUsr3w.png]

Users On The Forums
If you scroll to the bottom of the forums you can see who is on and how many people are on as well. You can also see recently new members, Mods, Admins, and other Board Stats.

Comments
I made the BTOFI on the BEO1 forums. I have edited parts of it for BEO2 forum to be more suffice/correct. If you see something that should/could be changed to be more relevant, please let me know.

New Member? – If you're new and need help, feel free to PM me.

I live in America. Where instead of French Fries, we have Freedom Fries.
"I know where your carton is!"
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
04-26-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Big Topic of Forum Information
Good Job !
This thread is very helpful for new members.

[Image: 233137fc-625f-47b9-985e-018756b43c60_zps03db0212.jpg]
04-26-2014, 05:26 PM
(04-26-2014 05:17 PM)sLikOr Wrote:  Good Job !
This thread is very helpful for new members.

Thanks. I really made this around the time double posting and grave digging started becoming normal on the BEO1 forum. The Donkins pinned this and I guess new people read it and learned not to. Smiley_Tongue

04-27-2014, 01:09 AM
I think it took time and it came out amazing!
You can add in how to take a picture,another way

1)Download Lightshot
2)Take a Picture
3)Put it on tinypic.com
4)the else you say. Smiley_BigGrin

S A T A N I S T H E O N E
04-27-2014, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 01:58 AM by troll2.)
theres already a thread about how to use the forum , and its pinned so theres is no need to make another one, the How to Use the New Forum Tutorial/ Profile settings/Posting images/and more was made on beta period, also there is another thread called What the new forum has to offer that have the same content but more complete and its also pinned , its ok trying to help , but before posting u should read and check what already have been posted , repeating themes make new users get confused.

[Image: 2a5wymd.gif]
04-27-2014, 02:27 AM
(04-27-2014 01:09 AM)Droidegg Wrote:  I think it took time and it came out amazing!
You can add in how to take a picture,another way

1)Download Lightshot
2)Take a Picture
3)Put it on tinypic.com
4)the else you say. Smiley_BigGrin

Yeah, I was gonna suggest Greenshot. Smiley_Tongue

(04-27-2014 01:56 AM)troll2 Wrote:  -snip-

For the nostalgia then?

04-27-2014, 09:56 AM
YOU JUST MADE MY LIFE SO MUCH EASIER!!!!! Wait...does that mean beo2 is my life? :/ Smiley_Wink

Thank you! Very very nice!

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Very nice! Didn't troll2 make one too? O_o Anyway, I guess it took you a lot of time and effort to make this; awesome post

[Image: 2usyiko.jpg]
04-29-2014, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 02:53 PM by Ngrules.)
(04-29-2014 02:36 AM)MeTaLLiuM Wrote:  Very nice! Didn't troll2 make one too? O_o Anyway, I guess it took you a lot of time and effort to make this; awesome post

Ya, he did. We both had the same idea, I was just like a day ahead of him. He want ahead and made one also. His was good also. Smiley_Tongue

EDIT: I mean on the BEO1 forum.

05-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Good job, helped me a lot! Smiley_BigGrin

[Image: n33fw2.png]