Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
custom maps
11-05-2013, 11:10 PM
custom maps
let us make our own maps! that was my favorite part about pro in bad eggs 1.
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: custom maps
Well this is a great idea and a bad idea.
You can make unfair maps.

[Image: Rt0F8O4.gif]
Warn the author for this post
11-06-2013, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 01:13 AM by s9b1.)
Custom Terrain would be awesome in BEO 2 because structures now can be on mid-air. A lot of things can be made now Smiley_Smile

And yes, still same old ideas for some PRO. Lame terrain. Well, it just people choices. If they doubt that terrain then they shouldn't join his/her's game room.

So, I think we should have custom terrain.
11-06-2013, 01:32 AM
There are several reasons why we have chosen not to have custom maps in BEO2. The main one is that because of the complexity of the terrain now it would be far too easy to create maps that are extremely unfair to play on. It would also be easy to draw rude things which sadly is what a large number of people would do! So for now at least I'm afraid we won't be adding this feature but we will be adding lots of cool maps.

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
11-06-2013, 03:42 AM
Maybe the map can only be made like in BEO 1, no floating structures can be made. That way no *ahem* stuff can be made, the maps won't be unfair (unless you count the trap maps, which are unavoidable)

Or at LEAST, make custom maps for practice mode. Now there can't possibly be anything wrong with that, since no one else will play/see it.
Also, people who want to try trick shots, or practice with wind on a flat map, test the other settings, so on and so forth.

Which brings me to something else. Can we have a flat map for practice mode, if not custom maps?

[Image: jv1x8x.png]
11-06-2013, 04:08 AM
I agree with that! Make the map editor perform the same way as the original. But when you play on the map, it behaves with BEO2 map physics.

Brilliant!

"Inside this shell there's a prison cell." -Jon Foreman
11-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Custom maps would definitely be great, I had mentioned my ideas about it in a comment on another thread. DragonBolt is right though, creating your own practice maps would be great because then we could have a variety of practice options, and if we wanted to practice a specific shot, it would be possible.

[Image: imageedit_24_8034754376_zps5llmzfdb.gif]