Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I easily decompiled the game
03-06-2014, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 09:30 AM by abrahamh08.)
I easily decompiled the game
I recently decompiled the game with a program called (pm me and ask for the name so I don't attract hackers). This could be a major issue because I could've hacked this game and give myself a ton of XP, etc. I feel bad for posting the program here, but I just thought I'd put it incase someone didn't believe me.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell Rob and John to maybe obfusticate the code or make it harder to decompile. In any case, I have the raw FLA with me and seeing that I have 4 apps in the iOS app store and 3 in Android and the fact that I'm not abusing my powers, I'd like to ask if I could make the mobile version. I'm experienced in as3 and made all my apps with it and have experience making small playerio projects. I know for a fact to get this working I'll need playerio's mobile SWC. Since I'm trustworthy I'd like to ask Rob and John to trust me and send me the SWC that's given to all pro users like themselves. Of course, I'll make it so you can't make purchases on the mobile version.

If you don't believe that I make apps say so in a PM and I'll PM you back the link to my Apple and Android pages so I don't "advertise" here.

What do you say, Rob and John? What do you say, BadEggsOnline users? You're either with me or against me.

Respond your thoughts.

PS:
To old friends, to everyone else, my in-game username is abe1001.
Find all posts by this user
Warn the author for this post
03-06-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: I easily decompiled the game
Personally I think Rob and John should be the ones who release the App, and also Not to give away the name to anyone other than the mods and the Donkins

[Image: S7HBxPs.png]
03-06-2014, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 09:39 AM by abrahamh08.)
I can make the app and give it to them to release, but they don't have an iTunes Connect account; they've been working with other people.

I remember a game with a pig that miniclip released for them; seriously, I have the raw file anyways, can I not be trusted? I'm not even doing anything bad with it.
03-06-2014, 09:57 AM
I PMed you asking for the name, I'd like to look into it, but I think Rob and John have done a good job of keeping the game clean.

[Image: 2cculqp.jpg]
03-06-2014, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 11:08 AM by abrahamh08.)
I remember the pig app is called Hambo, and I don't know what you mean by 'The Name', but I PM'd you with my info and the name of the thing I used to decompile the game.
03-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Decompiling the game won't help you to hack it, let alone give yourself XP.

You pretend you didn't know that I am a scorpion... ♪♪♪
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM
I know, that's what I stated in the PM I sent him. But apparently he can hack it and get "tons of xp"

[Image: 2cculqp.jpg]
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
You can decompile any Flash game, unfortunately it's not a particularly secure platform. Fortunately being a multiplayer game we are able to prevent you from doing things such as giving yourself unlimited XP. If it was possible then the leaderboard would be full of people who had done this by now. You don't even need to decompile a game to do this.

As for making a mobile version, no, please do not attempt that. It is certainly not as easy as you suggest it is but it is something we intend to look into ourselves at some stage.

I would also ask that you do not tell people what hacking software you are using and that you delete the files that you gained from it. Decompiling a game that you did not write yourself, especially if you intend to use it to create derivative works, is illegal (or at the very least unethical).

[Image: RobSig01.png][Image: RobSig02.png][Image: RobSig03.png][Image: RobSig04.png]
03-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Okay Rob, I don't understand the hardships but I respect that, because you are the one who coded it.